Common things you Misremember

The Dames do Moan

So, I'm sure this has a bunch of threads through the years, but I was wondering, what are the common things either you misremember or things you envisioned reading the books that turn out to be false (and I don't mean false vs. the show).

For example, whenever I think of Patchface I always envision a fool around Shireen's age or a kid. I always forget that he is like somewhere around 40 years old and an adult.

Whenever I hear Raf the Sweetling too I always think IronBorn for some reason, even though I know he isn't IB.

What are the things you always come to your mind and have to remind yourself are false?

I always have to remind myself that Barristan doesn't have a beard in ADWD. At least I think he doesn't... there's no mention of him letting it grow back after shaving it at the end of ASOS... I think...

Daenerys thinks in ASOS, he looks 30, 20 (:dunno:) years younger when he loses the beard. So he shaved it off.

Even though I have looked at the maps before I keep thinking that Mereen is across a body of water from where the Dothraki are. I keep forgetting they basically just sailed up the coast and not across a body of water.

Arya is older than Bran. Most times I think of it the other way around.

Just wow... I would bet my last money on Bran being older than Arya. I actually I had to check it just now, I was so sure Bran is older. So yeah, I have to agree with you in this one.

For a reason I keep thinking that the Red Wedding was Robb's wedding, not Edmure's, although I know that it was Edmure's wedding. Don't ask me why, I don't know.

You're not alone.

Also, Big Walder, the little one. And Little Walder, the big one. One of them enjoys Ramsay's cruelties, the other one has a good nature. One of them gets murdered in Winterfell.

I always confuse the two and have to look up who is who. Which is, I'd presume, exactly what GRRM was trying to achieve. Messing with our heads :)

FYI, Little Walder (who is actually the big one) is the cruel one who gets murdered.

I always imagined the Starks had black hair. Don't know why, just did. It was only when is started reading again I realized it was brown

Maybe it's because of Richard Madden, idk, but I always forget the Robb had auburn hair and favored the Tully genes

I thought brienne was 37/late thirties, when she is actually 19/20.

Whoa really? I did not know she was that young, i guess that wold be mine.

Also sometimes i forget Tommen is chubby, for some reason i get this picture that he is like some skinny athletic dude.

I always imagined the Starks had black hair. Don't know why, just did. It was only when is started reading again I realized it was brown

Really? Can you quote the text?

I know Rickon, Bran, Robb and Sansa are more Tully looking. Arya is Starkish and compared to Lyanna, so its not so far fetched to point that Lyanna had dark hair too.

I wonder about Benjen. Cant recall if the books say more about his hair. Ive seen fan art depicting him with brown hair, others with black hair.

I know Rickon, Bran, Robb and Sansa are more Tully looking. Arya is Starkish and compared to Lyanna, so its not so far fetched to point that Lyanna had dark hair too.

I wonder about Benjen. Cant recall if the books say more about his hair. Ive seen fan art depicting him with brown hair, others with black hair.

Ned, Arya and Jon all have the "stark looks". Jon has very dark brown hair and Ned and Arya have brown hair. I think the black comes from the actors how have black hair.

For a long time I imagined Rhaegar with black hair, and Ashara with silver hair. I still have trouble with Rhaegar.

I also have trouble with Bran's age -I always forget that he is younger than Arya, and I picture him being around 10 at the begining.

Ned and Arya are said to be very similar to Jon in colouring, with dark grey eyes and dark hair. And Jon's hair is described thusly:

A gust of wind sent icy tendrils through his long brown hair. - ASOS. Jon IX

Benjen is also Stark looking (as was Lyanna and Brandon), with brown hair, I seem to recall. His eyes are grey-blue though, rather than Jon's very dark grey and Ned and Arya's dark grey.

Archived