Common things you Misremember

The Dames do Moan

I always forget about Willas Tyrell.I know Garlan is the 2nd son but I always have to struggle to remember Willas.

Also that Robar the red one of Renlys rainbow guard is a Royce of Runestone.I know his father is Bronze Yohn but when I read that he died I was like "Who the fuck is Robar?"

Also that his son was the guy leading the ranging at the start of the series (Wyamar Royce I believe)

I always forget about Willas Tyrell.I know Garlan is the 2nd son but I always have to struggle to remember Willas.

I remember Willas but I always think for whatever reason that he is the 2nd son and Garlan is the oldest and then have to take a second and think, wait am I remembering that wrong?

I'm not sure whether this is a misremberance on my part however I have the strong impression that one either Eddard, Meera, Jamie or Barristan mentions in their tales of the Harrenhal Tourney that Lyanna was to accompany Elia back to KL after the tourney. I've made this assertion on a number of threads and never been contradicted. Am I wrong?

I remember Willas but I always think for whatever reason that he is the 2nd son and Garlan is the oldest and then have to take a second and think, wait am I remembering that wrong?

And I always forget about Garlan! That's probably because I was a show-watcher before I ever heard of the books and Garlan and Loras are sorta similar, aside from their sexuality, whereas Willas was easy to remember because of Sansa's negative reaction to learning of him.

I'm not sure whether this is a misremberance on my part however I have the strong impression that one either Eddard, Meera, Jamie or Barristan mentions in their tales of the Harrenhal Tourney that Lyanna was to accompany Elia back to KL after the tourney. I've made this assertion on a number of threads and never been contradicted. Am I wrong?

None of them mention that. It is not something that happens in the books.

I keep thinking Arthur Dayne had silver hair and purple eyes, although we dont know how did he looked.

That is because i keep merging his appearance with Gerold Daynes

Becasuse of Ashara's purple eyes, and Arthur's close relationship with Rhaegar I think a lot of people, myself included, pictured the Daynes as Valyrian when in fact they are First Men descendants. I woulda bet Andal before FM.

I can never remember the names of any of the Ghiscari characters except Hizdahr and maybe the Green Grace (I can't recall it, but I think I'd recognize it, because it's GG). The fact that GRRM makes it easier for us by usually using their titles or nicknames just means that when he does use their real names, I have to frantically page back or go look them up.

Despite reading the preview chapter multiple times, I'm still always surprised when someone mentions that

Elia is the Sand Snake going with Arianne, not one of the older four--even though I already know the older four are all doing different things at the time and it couldn't be any one them.

I couldn't remember whether the TV series had renamed Asha or Osha, making my prediction that we'd see Yara with Rickon this season pretty stupid. Fortunately, it turned out wrong anyway, so nobody would have remembered my stupidity if I didn't just bring it up.

And, worst of all, I have, more than once, forgotten the name of the second book and had to look at the shelf or pull up a browser. I have no idea why; there's nothing forgettable about A Clash of Kings compared to, say, A Storm of Swords.

Archived