Your Plans for TWOW

BaelorTheBold

Really? If I had to bet within half an hour of it hitting the shelves the first spoiler topic will pop up as soon as someone skims to the end.

Order the Kindle version and stay away from anything but my most essential internet. My job is internet based...but there will be no spoliers there...I'll just have to stay away from everything else.

I'll re-read the whole series as soon as a publication date is officially announced by GRRM...timing it to be finished just as tWoW is available. Read through the whole thing in about 3 days...then go back and re-read carefully...then and only then, will I visit any place that may be discussing it.

Yea, I tell myself I will try and prolong the satisfaction. One chapter per day.

And then I don't. :dunce: Hopefully life intervenes and I have work/family stuff in the way that will force me to a slower pace.

I will pre-order the book and read it when it shows up. Normally I'd root for a summer release, bc I very much enjoy reading on my backporch and getting some sun, but as I don't want to wait until next summer, I'll be happy reading it when it's cold.

edit: I'm taking that leisure stroll through the books currently, as I start my re-read. It's been quite pleasent getting into the routine of a chapter a night, life permitting. The tough part, obviously, is keeping that up when I don't know what happens next. heh.

I will probably start a re-read when it is announced. Pick up a hardcover on the day of release.. I like them better, and anyway it's easier to flip back and forth to the maps and appendix (very useful with ASOIAF). I'll flip through about the first half, checking out the chapter titles, hoping to see the words "Jon" and Arya" (I don't mind mild spoilers). Then I start reading, probably finishing in about a week.

I will get the paperback of WOW when our neighborhood bookstore has it in stock provided its timely (this isn't a heavily populated are). If they are late getting it in stock, i'd probably go down to Green Bay for a copy but I don't feel any need for a midnight release excursion. Although that could be fun if people are going to wear costumes and every thing, it would have to be on a wknd for me to make it.

I have the hardcopy of the World of Ice and Fire (what a fantastic book that is too) just paperback for the 5 books so it will be same for WOW. Don't have a Kindle and don't anticipate picking one up either. I will also avoid the forums till I finish it (probably 1 to 2 weeks). Definitely no show 6th season before reading WOW either.

Kindle edition.

I'll probably have it read in about a week (DwD took four days, but two of those were a weekend), but I won't take time off work to do it. Be too busy reading to spend any time on the internet, though.

I'm not sure any of the book-stores in my area would open at midnight, unless WoW is released in the week before Christmas (I hope they release it at least a week before or after Xmas. I'd like my family to think they come first with me, but I'm not sure my behaviour would reflect that, if I had an unread copy of WoW handy. Plus, I have unsullied in the family. It was really difficult to keep FtW to myself last Christmas.)

Where you guys that have been waiting for the next book to come out since 1996 managed to find the patience, I don't know, but I am grateful for the care taken with spoilers, regard it as a tradition to be maintained with pride, so I'll probably be here pretty much as soon as I've inhaled the book, not so much to post as to see how others feel about their favourite theories being ignored by GRRM, and of course to hear their revised theories. Nobody I know IRL cares in as much detail as you guys, and I trust you not to drop spoilers, more than I trust myself.

ETA: Nevets, how long is it between the announcement and the release?

I've started a slow re-read of the SoIaF (a chapter every day or so) just to stay sane prior to the announcement. It won't be more than two or three months between the announcement and the release, will it?

I will buy it online and have it shipped. No way in hell am I waiting in a line for a book. I have a kindle fire, but I prefer hard copies. If I order on Amazon, and I probably will, I believe that I will also get an ebook copy as well.

1. Skim to find the first Jon chapter. In the event that there is no Jon chapter, I will throw the book at least once. Maybe twice.

2. I am a historian (official in the next few months anyway) so I am always at my desk. When I need a break, I will read.

3. I will probably post on here after about half way through, unless people begin topics that are chapter oriented. So let's say Bran I.

With my luck I may be forced to make a difficult choice as I did last time. I received both Wise Man's Fear and DwD at the same time...so...the choices...Though there could be worst things in life ;).

Kindle edition.

ETA: Nevets, how long is it between the announcement and the release?

I've started a slow re-read of the SoIaF (a chapter every day or so) just to stay sane prior to the announcement. It won't be more than two or three months between the announcement and the release, will it?

Dance was released four months after announcement. It was 1510 pages manuscript, which became 1040 pages (with appendix), about 960 without appendix. There were 73 chapters. Storm was 1521 pages, 991 hardback, 82 chapters. (Info from wikipedia)

Archived