Your Plans for TWOW

BaelorTheBold

Once I know the confirmation date, I will count out 10 weeks from that date and start thorough reread of all 5 books. I am a really fast reader, so if I read really slowly I can do 1 book per 2 weeks.

Then the night the books comes out - I get online copy (I think you can buy it at 12am release date) then I quickly go thru my favorite POV's starting from Ending !!!! (I love spoilers!!) and then go backwards toward the beginning ~1hr tops.

Then next day (s) I start my speed reading thing and I suspect I will be able to speed-read it in about 5 hrs.

Then go to this board on spoiler threads, comment, etc.

Then (if I need to still finish other 5 books) slowly finish them and then slowly reread this book all nice and proper.

That's exact details of my plan.

Pre order the book, and read it on Kindle while it doesn't arrive. Use Kindle to highlight passages and use the book sorely for reading (no hilighting or writing stuff on it, uh!). The papercopy will take a long time to ship, though. Last time I bought something from the US to Brazil, it took 15 days and I ended up paying twice because of bloody taxes. When it comes to WoW, I'll take the risk.

I'll defintely be getting it at the closest possible time. Hopefully a midnight release but my Cole's is in a mall so I don't know. I'm not that fast a reader so maybe it'll take a week or week and a half to read it. But since this is the first book I've had to wait for it could be faster. (I started after the fifth episode of season one so by the time I got to aDwD it was already out.)

Pick it up at the store. take it out for a nice meal, nothing too fancy but you also wouldn't consider the restaurant cheap, I'm thinking Thai. Head home and bring her up for a "cup of coffee" but we both know what's really going to happen. Start the jacuzzi and light some candles, drink some wine, make idle chit chat. Then when we get out I show her my study, and then I move in for the... Sit down in my reading chair and read it cover to cover.

I don't understand why most of you would want to rush It when It comes to reading the book we've been waiting for all these years.

Why not read It a-chapter-a-day so that It takes time to finish.

While I get that point, I can't read just one chapter a day. To me that is like tasting dinner, but not actually eating it.

I work at a bookstore, and I'm trying to convince my boss to let us do a midnight release event. Fingers crossed that he'll allow it. I have plans!

I intend to take a day or two off after the book comes out. My customers are a pretty good sort and also I would plug my ears and start humming loudly if someone tried to spoil something, but I am not going to chance it. I am going to lock myself in my apartment and read!

I hope it's soon. I (optimistically) started a reread a few weeks ago, intending to read them slowly to be ready for Winds whenever it comes out. That isn't really working out.

Camp out at Barnes and Noble dressed as Ned Stark

This makes me really happy. I want to see people all dressed up!

I doubt midnight release grab will be an option given my current location.

I'll download the ebook as soon as it's available (if my copy hasn't arrived), take a couple of days off from work and lock myself in the room for a marathon.

When most people lock themselves in their rooms for a marathon, the marathon in question usually isn't to do with reading, I suppose most of us are quite unique in that regard.

I don't think it's coming. I think GRRM is stuck and has only the sample chapters he's released so far. He will postpone until the HBO seris is done and then abandon the books altogether saying that the showrunners have done an adequate job. Then he'll write a tween-paranormal TV series for FOX

:D

I'm planning to pre-order the hard cover on Book Depository, and buy the eBook on release day. I always regret reading George's books all too quickly, like gulping down dinner having missed lunch, so I'll try to stretch it out as long as possible. If it's not out before the next season of GoT I'll be in a bind, for whilst I plan to hold out for the book, I'm not sure that my wife will be too happy about having to wait for me to watch the tv show.

Until I finish it, no one will see me on this or any other ASOIAF related forum. I'm pretty sure that some people will read the 1500 pages in a few hours and then will be posting spoilers everywhere. I'm gonna have an ebook and I don't think that it will take me much time to read it, I read that other books really quickly the first times, although it's true that this time it will be for the first time that I will read in english, so it'll be at a little slower pace. I expect that it will take me about 3 or 4 weeks to read the book, depending on the number of pages and the state of my final essay at university. :)

Just before the release I'm going to start a local friendly wager, like top five predictions for $10 (USD), and make easy money off of my less obsessive friends, heh. Also if there aren't any bookstore release parties I will create my own and dress up like either Dany, Cersei, or Mel depending on what color my hair is at the time and serve bright red punch, bowls of brown, wolf-shaped bread, lemoncakes, and maybe capture some of the pigeons that my neighbor keeps feeding and make pie.

Archived