Your Plans for TWOW

BaelorTheBold

This thread fills me with hype, god damn I need this book.

I'll probably binge read it, I want to savor as much of it as I can but I have pretty shitty self control so.

Of course the book will end up released early somewhere and every troll known to man will try spoiling it from every possible angle they can think of. It's going to be pretty crappy when I find out Aegon and Jon Con get murdered by Dany while I am viewing a documentary about sea lions on youtube. Or I find out Balon's ghost kills Stannis when eating at some chinese restaurant.

I won't reread the novels again. I will go to the wiki and brush up by reading the book summaries.

I've done a full read through once and just got done listening to them on audiobook a few months ago.

I'm hoping that the ebook/Kindle version comes out at the same time (I prefer reading on my Kindle if possible). However, I won't wait if the digital version ends up coming out later.

I'm assuming my fiance and I will just end up sharing the hardcover. We work different shifts so it shouldn't be too difficult.

I won't be visiting the forums until after I have read the novel. I don't want to be spoiled and I don't want to accidentally spoil something for someone else.

This thread fills me with hype, god damn I need this book.

I'll probably binge read it, I want to savor as much of it as I can but I have pretty shitty self control so.

Of course the book will end up released early somewhere and every troll known to man will try spoiling it from every possible angle they can think of. It's going to be pretty crappy when I find out Aegon and Jon Con get murdered by Dany while I am viewing a documentary about sea lions on youtube. Or I find out Balon's ghost kills Stannis when eating at some chinese restaurant.

I'm starting to wonder if that's a thing. I got spoiled with the ending of the 7th Harry Potter at a Chinese restaurant. Which is another reason why I won't leave the house and will have food delivered to me when I get TWOW.

I'll pre-order it.

When it is released, I will have a baby or toddler, so no time to read, so it will be sitting next to my bed until the kid is in junior high school and I will never have a chance to read the forums again for fear of being spoilered. *sniff :bawl:

I was hoping for it to be released by September so I could read it in peace and quiet (and possibly in the early stages of labour), but no.

Same thing as I did with Dance.

Take the day off work, head over my local bookstore to purchase my reserved copy first thing in the morning, and disappear for several days of book-reading heaven. :)

I will buy it off of Amazon and then skim through the chapters until I see the name "Jon" appear as a chapter title again. ;)

No, but in all seriousness ... I'm ordering it online. Depending on the day it is released, I might request the next day off from work. I don't know that I'll have the willpower to avoid these forums, but I came into the books mostly spoiled anyway so it'll be a completely new experience for me.

I live in France so it will be tough to find the English version. I'll buy it online as soon as it's released and read it straight (I more or less think I'm gonna need two to three weeks to finish it) and avoid Asoiaf websites like the plague once I'm not finished.

Archived