Three heads of the dragon: Bran, Jon Snow, Daenerys Stormborn (long read)

OberynBlackfyre

**As per usual, this is my disclaimer. I am stating this as a theory and am also providing facts for my theories. I ask that any and all discussion be respectful, and if you are saying something is "completely wrong" or "crackpot" that's fine, but please give a sound reasoning as to why you think that way-- maybe it will show others something they missed, and all facts need evidence to support them! Thank you!

The Last Hero: Brandon Stark

Now it has been speculated that the "Last Hero" from the original Long Night was also Brandon the Builder, or the person who was the ancestor of House Stark. It was during this time that the Last Hero set out in search of help from Children of the Forest to "win back what the realms of men had lost".

So as cold and death filled the earth, the last hero determined to seek out the children, in the hopes that their ancient magics could win back what the armies of men had lost. He set out into the dead lands with a sword, a horse, a dog and a dozen companions. For years he searched until he despaired of ever finding the children of the forest in their secret cities.

Now I know that many people say "history repeats itself" but aside from the "dozen companions" statement, this has basically been Brans story from the ending of ACoK. They even made a big to do about the sword he took from the crypts of Winterfell. Also Bran was the last known Stark in Winterfell, which I think is basically symbolic. Also keep in mind, he is the oldest living son of Eddard Stark now, which makes him de facto Lord of Winterfell (if not King in the North, but I don't think those titles have any real world meaning at this point). So before we go on these are what we need to realize about Bran: his story is perfectly in tune with that of being "the Last Hero", he is de facto Lord of Winterfell (a full blooded son of House Stark), and as far as we know, he is the furthest North of anyone we have seen, residing with the Children of the Forest.

The Prince that was Promised: Jon Snow (Targaryen)

Now basically, if you are in denial of R+L=J, then you can basically stop reading right now. Ok, now that we have that covered, I also want to say that I think Azor Ahai and The Prince that was Promised is SOMEWHAT interchangeable in terms of "titles". Meaning that I think it could be totally possible for Jon to be AAR and for Dany to be the "Prince(ss) that was Promised", however I'm basically 75% sure Jon HAS to be TPTWP because of certain factors that I am about to discuss. Also I don't think it really matters what you call them, as it doesn't change the fact that he and Dany are part of the "dragon".

He is the prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire.

Now before people stark talking about how iffy it is that Rhaegar is the only one providing evidence for this, let me clear this up. Rhaegar probably had a slight touch of eccentricity, however people like Aemon still very much took his council, and the men around him still very much respected, even loved him. Even Ned shows an odd type of respect for him. Also this wasn't "really" Rhaegar talking to Dany, but only some type of magic the warlocks conjured for her to be able to seemingly look into the past, present, and future. Everything she sees has some truth, and some importance to it, so it would basically be careless to throw out something just because of "who" said it.
So "a song of ice and fire" definitely points to basically only one person: Jon Snow. He also very much fits the prophecy as he was born amidst salt and smoke, and he is (half) blood of the dragon.
However, Jon has also spent basically the whole series trying to prepare people for what it is to come. He is really the only character who has sacrificed all for the good of the realm. His story actually somewhat mirrors Aemons in the fact that he was at the Wall for basically the whole ruin of his House, he rejected a huge position to keep his vows, and he was also the son and brother to Kings. Thus when Aemon says:

"The dragon must have three heads … but I am too old to be one of them. I should be with her, showing her the way, but my body has betrayed me."

well little does he know, there is someone that IS capable of being that third head. Someone who has walked a similar life.....someone who also wears black.

"he who must stand against the Other"

Melisandre says this when talking about "Stannis", however from what we know

Jon is really the only one who has faced the leader of the Others, even though it's only in the TV series. I think this says something

And alas, Jon is quite literally in the middle. These are the things I need you to remember about Jon: He is at the Wall, which is one of the "hinges" of the world, only called the "North" by people who are part of the Seven Kingdoms, but actually deemed "South" by the wildlings and such. As seen on this map: http://i.imgur.com/L7lRmtm.jpg we see that the Wall would be considered "North Central". So in many ways, Jon is in the middle in terms of geography, and the fact that he is the "blood" of both ice and fire.

Azor Ahai Reborn: Daenerys "Stormborn" Targaryen:

Now since I mentioned about the whole interchangeable thing in the Jon section, I won't rewrite the whole thing here but just ask that you remembered that the whole AAR/TPTWP thing MIGHT happen the reverse way, as the two legends bleed together in many ways.

There will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him.

Now from this prophecy, Dany really fulfills this in many ways. Dany paid the price/sacrifice for this through her son, Khal Drogo (her beloved) and through the blood of a conquered enemy (MMD).

When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone.

Not only did Dany go through these sacrifices, she also awoke "dragons from stone", in which even GRRM has said was a "one time MIRACLE event". But she did not simply "draw" a weapon, she literally "married" herself to the flames, and trusted in her decision, and I believe that faith is what woke the dragons. This was her darkest hour, in which she had lost everyone and everything she had held dear just a month before. Thus not only her actual birth on Dragonstone was amidst smoke and salt, but so was her "rebirth" when she actually shed her weakened, doubting skin, and became the "bride of fire". She also fulfilled the "darkness fleeing before 'him' " aspect when she defeated the Undying Ones in Qarth. So when it comes to "mystical prophecy" I think we can all agree that Dany has had the most involvement with it, with the exception of Bran.
Now before we go on, there are things we need to remember about Dany: She is not truly "OF" Westeros. Yes Dragonstone is considered part of the Kingdom, but not REALLY. She was born on the last true Valyrian outpost, complete with volcanic activity and all. Dany is against slavery, and is walking her ancestors steps by destroying the Ghiscari Kingdom, but is also changing the game by being against slavery. She is a full blooded Targaryen, making her pure "fire" and she is the most Southern of the three.

Evidence/Theorizing:

So even though I already said WHY I believe the three are part of this mystical "three headed dragon" prophecy trope, I still want to show people why I think they are a great fit for what is to come through foreshadowing.
-A long while back in an SSM, Martin stated that one of the three heads of the dragon "didn't necessarily have to be a Targaryen/Valyrian descendant." So therefore that makes it very open to have Bran being one of the heads, especially since he is very clearly involved with the "bigger picture" of what is going on. Also, there is the quote from Bloodraven that "you will never walk again, but you will fly." Many people have said this really only has to do with ravens or birds, etc...however

in the Tyrion sample chapter, a white cyvasse dragon falls into the blood of a mereen commander who has been killed by Ser Jorah. Tyrion picks it up and sees that the blood has gotten into the cracks of the dragon, giving is a "white with tinges of red" look that is very reminiscent of weirwood imagery. Thus giving more evidence that someone of the North may get Viserion

-The bloodlines of all three are the perfect balance of "ice and fire" which are the primary themes and "combatants" of the series. So therefore with these three you get: one who is fully of the North and encompasses all the powers and prestige of the North through Bran. Then you get someone who is half ice and half fire, Jon Snow. He does his duty, capable of being the "icy" commander at times, but also has a "fiery" passion and sense of justice, leading him to do what's right at times, instead of whats "honorable". And then, you have Daenerys who has such a deep passion for justice, it at times leads her down paths that are dark and full of terrors. She is pure fire, and "fire is always hungry", and as she realizes in the ending chapter of ADWD, "dragons plant no trees". So within them all, they have both the bloodlines, attitudes, and motivations that would temper each other, but also are individually completely capable and self aware of power/weaknesses to make really broad strokes within the story, without having to necessarily "know" or be with each other.

-For anyone who read TWOIAF, we now know that the Long Night was actually a world wide event. From Westeros, to Yi Ti in the far far East, there have been recorded annals of the "Long Night" in which demons of ice came and tried to conquer the world. So, it's not unreasonable to believe that what is happening now could also be a world wide type of struggle as well. Not only from the Others, but the denizens of fire (majorly the religion of R'Hllor) have also been stirring up things within the world as well....as it is heavily foreshadowed that Daenerys will effect things in the Dothraki Sea, as well as Volantis. So we have three "heirs" if you will, all set up geographically and cosmically if you will, to take their rightful places among the "legends" of the world. You have Brandon Stark, the Heir to the Kings of Winter; who is pretty much within the Lands of Always Winter. You then have Jon Snow, who is (by bloodline rules) the best claimant for the Iron Throne of Westeros......which in many ways has been the "middle ground" as it has been effected by both He is completely perfect to bridge any kind of "gap" that might arise between the Kings of Winter and the Queen/Bride of Fire because he has family ties to both. And then you have Dany, who more than anyone else is worthy of being the Heir to Valyria. She has brought back the dragons, and instead of wanting to conquer the world, she wants to better it. She is using her power to defend the helpless, and to take down the corrupt powers that have come up. She's a bloody, eccentrically drive, passionate ruler who has already made huge ripples in the East. She is already in good position to visit Valyria, and with the help of Braavos, she could easily conquer and reunify Essos.

-Another thing is: the war of the elements. I know many of you are probably thinking "yeah thats cool, but this series is called A Song of Ice and Fire for a reason. We are gonna see a show down between these two primal forces." And I really hate to disappoint, but I really don't think we will. At least not in the way that we think. Yes I do believe there might be a war between people who are "ice" based and "fire" based, however I don't think that will be the main struggle. The series is called A Song OF Ice and fire not A Song of Ice VERSUS Fire . I think the overwhelming theme that already exists in the books, but will be seen after they are finished is that of BALANCE. You cannot have good without evil, you cannot have light without dark, etc. I mean, the Starks used to be known as "The Kings of Winter". A person does not get that title if he uses FIRE to vanquish the Winter. It means that he has the title because he bent Winter to his will, and defeated any of those who thought they would be Kings over Winter......so in other words, I think the struggle will be for that. The Starks reasserting their dominion over Winter, and the Targaryens/Valyrians reasserting their dominion over fire. The combatants they will be facing? The Others, and the priests of R'Hllor.

The Future:

Lastly, I think it's important to look at the future, and how these three would fit in it. If you look at who they potentially could be, I think it becomes kind of obvious that they are the three heads of the Dragon. You basically just have to look at who is around them, how that has effected them, and what the future needs after this catastrophe that is coming.

Infrastructure: Like any city, civilization, colony, etc. you're going to need someone making sure that people get water, have shelter, etc. Well who better to worry about the hazards of nature rather than someone who is half tree? (har har) Yes, Bran is perfectly set up to take after his names Brandon the Builder, and pick up the pieces of aftermath. It's heavily foreshadowed in his last chapter of ACoK as he realizes Winterfell isn't destroyed, just broken (like himself), and therefore connects him with wanting to restore it. And if there are any tricks ot architecture that the Children of the Forest/ Greenseers knew, well Bran is also right there with them to get all the hints. If he ever needed to be there himself, well booms Hodor could be the inside guy for him to warg into, and discuss things "face to face". So things like "oh, this village needs this stream to go by it?" BOOM, he makes it happen. Not only that, but when it comes to communication then Bran could very well be the most informed person alive...which would be a great help to protecting and healing the kingdoms.

Military/Defense: Now only if there was someone who men liked following, who stayed true to their duties, and who had people like Eddard Stark, Stannis Baratheon, Jeor Mormont, Mance Rayder and Qorin Halfhand as mentors....oh wait! That's Jon Snow! Not only has he proven that he can lead men and have an iron will, he also knows when to protect people from themselves--even at the cost of friendships. When it comes to "ruling" Jon has some issues, however when it comes being a leader, he definitely has more Rhaegar than Ned in him. And in the aftermath of these battles, it would have to be someone that has an iron will, but also has a heart that loves and understands people. Jon is most definitely this. The man that is not afraid to condemn someone to death, but will also swing the sword himself.

The symbol and "face" of power: This is basically someone equivalent to the President of the United States. Meaning someone that will be the face of the new regime, the mouth that will speak of the new laws and edicts, but hasn't necessarily thought of all of them themselves. Daenerys has had multiple experiences ruling, and seems to be getting better at it as she goes. Yes she has made some very bloody mistakes, but by far she has effected more people positively than negatively (if you are going to argue this point, take it somewhere else. This is not a Dany hate thread. Feel free to disagree respectfully though), and she is articulate, eloquent, and tries to appear humble. Above all, many people seem magnetically drawn to her character, not only because she is beautiful, but she is also respectful to basically everyone she meets no matter their status. She buried the dead along with her people, starved along with her Dothraki people, and also gave her people a bloody sense of justice. Her beauty and dragons alone have afforded her many allies (and enemies), yet she has endured all these troubles on her shoulders, while still keeping her motivation of wanting MORE, and going towards her "true" goal. Not only has her story been fraught with a mystical sense of destiny, she has also proven that she is worthy of this destiny. And it has been proven many times that she is open to what her counselors and people say.....and now we have Tyrion on his way to her, foreshadowing that once again there will be a Lannister Hand of legendary repute.

and in the TV series it has already been foreshadowed that Dany might not ever get to Westeros, but effect it from afar

So when you have a beautiful queen, who is capable of listening to her (wise) counselors, and also has affirmed her "right"** to rule, then you have the perfect symbol for a New World Order after the old one will be in shambles due to the wars that will inevitably come.

All three of these things are needed for any kingdom or civilization to survive and thrive, and it just so happens we have three characters, that also fit the bill for having mystical/prophetic destinies, that could accomplish these things. These are also the only three story lines within the series where supernatural occurrences happen frequently. these are also the three people (sans Tyrion) who have been isolated or ostracized from their families, and put into positions of great power, but NOT BY THEIR CHOICE or motivated for purely selfish reasons. For Dany it started as revenge for her family, but now it is a crusade to help people. For Bran, he simply wanted to walk again-- and then he saw the bigger picture, and realized he needed to help his family, friends, and everyone. Jon joined the Watch to obtain adventure and glory, until he realized what it was and realized his duty was something much more grim and somber. All 3 of them were lead on a path that turned from personal motivation and glory, to traveling at the speed of destiny. Thank you for reading!!

**In almost every culture that has had a ruling monarchy, they had some symbol or "affirmation" that they were not only chosen by the people, but by the very Gods themselves, to lead the kingdom. GRRM uses this in his series as well.

A long while back in an SSM, Martin stated that one of the three heads of the dragon "didn't necessarily have to be a Targaryen/Valyrian descendant." So therefore that makes it very open to have Bran being one of the heads, especially since he is very clearly involved with the "bigger picture" of what is going on. Also, there is the quote from Bloodraven that "you will never walk again, but you will fly." Many people have said this really only has to do with ravens or birds, etc...however

Did he or did you just infer that? I thought he said "A Targaryen" which is dramatically different in it's implications.

Interesting post by the way, I don't really have anything to add besides that but I enjoyed reading it.

Did he or did you just infer that? I thought he said "A Targaryen" which is dramatically different in it's implications.

Interesting post by the way, I don't really have anything to add besides that but I enjoyed reading it.

in the original quote he only says "Targaryens" I believe, however there have also been later questions and the answers have been basically that the three heads don't have to necessarily be associated with dragon heritage. However, symbolically the "three heads of the dragon" are different in the minds of the Targaryens than they are to prophecies in many ways. To Daenerys, she expects it has to be her husbands, to Aemon, it was the remaining family of House Targaryen......however in the prophecies, it just means three capable heroes.

Edit: Also thank you for the compliment!

in the original quote he only says "Targaryens" I believe, however there have also been later questions and the answers have been basically that the three heads don't have to necessarily be associated with dragon heritage. However, symbolically the "three heads of the dragon" are different in the minds of the Targaryens than they are to prophecies in many ways. To Daenerys, she expects it has to be her husbands, to Aemon, it was the remaining family of House Targaryen......however in the prophecies, it just means three capable heroes.

I'm not convinced about that part, I think the case is pretty strong that you need Dragonlord blood to ride a dragon. However is it necessary to ride a dragon to be one of the heads of the dragon?

Edit: Also thank you for the compliment!

No problem, I just wish I had more to add. After reading such a long well written post it always feels a little inadequate simply putting "good read"

I'm not convinced about that part, I think the case is pretty strong that you need Dragonlord blood to ride a dragon. However is it necessary to ride a dragon to be one of the heads of the dragon?

No problem, I just wish I had more to add. After reading such a long well written post it always feels a little inadequate simply putting "good read"

I actually agree with you on that part. However I do think it is very probably that these three characters will also have some to do with the dragons. However I think that's what many people think that the "three heads of the dragon" have to mirror Aegon and his sisters. When I think that "the three heads of the dragon" simply is called that because it's from a Targaryen/Valyrian perspective. Independently, The Last Hero, Azor Ahai, and The Prince that was Promised all come from three different yet similar prophecies that existed independently before this talk of "three heads of the dragon". Idk if that makes sense, but I hope it does haha

I actually agree with you on that part. However I do think it is very probably that these three characters will also have some to do with the dragons. However I think that's what many people think that the "three heads of the dragon" have to mirror Aegon and his sisters. When I think that "the three heads of the dragon" simply is called that because it's from a Targaryen/Valyrian perspective. Independently, The Last Hero, Azor Ahai, and The Prince that was Promised all come from three different yet similar prophecies that existed independently before this talk of "three heads of the dragon". Idk if that makes sense, but I hope it does haha

It does make sense. Personally I would prefer never to find out definitively who the heads are...

Not only that, but when it comes to communication then Bran could very well be the most informed person alive...which would be a great help to protecting and healing the kingdoms.

I like the idea that this is Brans key role, the man behind the curtain/weirwood. That he is one of the heads of the Dragon but his actions are hidden from most of the main players and only really revealed to the reader.

It does make sense. Personally I would prefer never to find out definitively who the heads are...

I like the idea that this is Brans key role, the man behind the curtain/weirwood. That he is one of the heads of the Dragon but his actions are hidden from most of the main players and only really revealed to the reader.

Yeah I would like that too. I don't really think we will ever get a like, exact definition or presentation of "yes, here are the three heads of the dragon!", but however I think if you look hard enough you can see who they are. This is kind of what lead to write this essay, because it was kind of like a light went off and I realized "hey, these three characters really fit what's going to be needed after this is all said and done." And in truth, like GRRM has said in the past, I think that the bones of the rest of the story are already in what he's written. I mean 5/7 books, I think it's a matter now of simply connecting the dots.

As for Bran...man idk. A big part of me thinks he is going to go down in history as Brandon the Builder reborn......but just like BTB, he's going to be simply a myth. Nothing REAL might be remembered about him....which kind of is sad beause he somewhat loses himself to that myth. Like he will never be TRULY recognized, but just whispered about.

I have a feeling the three dragon riders will not be fighting on the same team. Dragons will fight dragons. All of the fan-favorite characters will be on opposing sides.

*Danaerys Targaryen will obviously be a dragon rider, it would be too hilarious if she wasn't. But it is unclear whether she will take her dragon and army and deal with the Others threat, or head to Kings Landing to finally take what she has been after for years, the Iron Throne. (I think she will try to conquer the realm, not defend it).

*Euron Greyjoy has the Valyrian horn would be an awesome dragon rider and I hope he is. He is one of the most evil characters and being able to ride a dragon would make him just as threatening of a menace as The Others. I read that historically magic horns and sorcery were used to control dragons in Valyria, and Euron gave the horn to Victarion when he sent him on his mission to Essos.*Victarion would be a better dragon rider because he is a bad ass, doesn't give a shit about anything, would still be a menace. but would still be a likable character.

*Melisande would make an interesting dragon rider, and she would definitely use the dragon to defend the realm against The Others. Most people don't even consider her as a candidate, but sorcery was likely used in controlling the dragons of Valyria, and Valyrian magic was rooted in blood and fire..which Melisande is all about. She has some crazy powers and maybe she can make connections with dragons, the "children of fire".

*Stannis Baratheon could be a dragon rider with the help of Melisandres sorcery. Mel would probably prefer Stannis to be a rider since she is is not a warrior or military commander and could be of better use doing what she knows. And it would be funny if the only one who likes him is a dragon. People think Stannis is a dick but a mean ass dragon understands him. (And with his magic sword that lights up the night with its glow, Stannis would be the coolest dragon rider)

*Bran Stark will most likely end up controlling one of the dragons with his warging ability

*Jon Snow is the likely candidate because he is the most popular character and he is likely to be the prophesied Azor Ahai.. but there is still a chance that he isn't. Either way I don't see a situation where he becomes a dragon rider.

*Tyrion Lannister can't even ride a horse. I have serious doubts that he can control the reins of a dragon.

I have a feeling the three dragon riders will not be fighting on the same team. Dragons will fight dragons. All of the fan-favorite characters will be on opposing sides.

*Danaerys Targaryen will obviously be a dragon rider, it would be too hilarious if she wasn't. But it is unclear whether she will take her dragon and army and deal with the Others threat, or head to Kings Landing to finally take what she has been after for years, the Iron Throne. (I think she will try to conquer the realm, not defend it).

*Euron Greyjoy has the Valyrian horn would be an awesome dragon rider and I hope he is. He is one of the most evil characters and being able to ride a dragon would make him just as threatening of a menace as The Others. I read that historically magic horns and sorcery were used to control dragons in Valyria, and Euron gave the horn to Victarion when he sent him on his mission to Essos. *Victarion would be a better dragon rider because he is a bad ass, doesn't give a shit about anything, would still be a menace. but would still be a likable character.

*Melisande would make an interesting dragon rider, and she would definitely use the dragon to defend the realm against The Others. Most people don't even consider her as a candidate, but sorcery was likely used in controlling the dragons of Valyria, and Valyrian magic was rooted in blood and fire..which Melisande is all about. She has some crazy powers and maybe she can make connections with dragons, the "children of fire".

*Stannis Baratheon could be a dragon rider with the help of Melisandres sorcery. Mel would probably prefer Stannis to be a rider since she is is not a warrior or military commander and could be of better use doing what she knows. And it would be funny if the only one who likes him is a dragon. People think Stannis is a dick but a mean ass dragon understands him. (And with his magic sword that lights up the night with its glow, Stannis would be the coolest dragon rider)

*Bran Stark will most likely end up controlling one of the dragons with his warging ability

*Jon is the likely candidate because he is the most popular character and he is likely to be the prophesied Azor Ahai.. but there is still a chance that he isn't. Either way I don't see a situation where he becomes a dragon rider.

*Tyrion Lannister can't even ride a horse. I have serious doubts that he can control the reins of a dragon.

I definitely think there will be a "Dance of Dragons" part two, but remember I'm also say that the "three heads of the dragon" prophecy are different than whole will essentially be the three original dragon riders.

However I think that Bran, Jon, and of course Daenerys, will all have interaction with dragons at some point. There also could be more than 3 dragons to ride, which is highly foreshadowed.

Good job OberynBlackfyre. Do you think the "three heads" will all fight against the Others? Cause i have always had the idea that the Starks might be with the Others against the dragon , and Jon in the middle trying to work out a balance . What do you think?

Good job OberynBlackfyre. Do you think the "three heads" will all fight against the Others? Cause i have always had the idea that the Starks might be with the Others against the dragon , and Jon in the middle trying to work out a balance . What do you think?

thanks man!! And really, I don't know. I think the Others will definitely do the most destruction, but I can't help but to feel the followers of R'Hllor will show that they are a threat too. I think eventually it might be the three heads versus both ICE (others) AND fire (r'hllor)

I think R'Hllor is definetly bad. They want a endless summer , but is that a good thing? In the summer the high lords plays their game of thrones , and the common people suffer then too.

Imo

R'Hllor= Bad fire

Daenerys = good fire

If Dany falls under Moqorro's influence , well thats bad news.

Good OP! I especially like your theories on Bran, who is too often forgotten as clearly being one of the most important characters in the story.

My only question is how important do you think these characters will be in comparison to the other major POVs? I agree that these three will probably will have the biggest role in the endgame, but then characters like Tyrion, Sansa and Arya (who have also survived from book 1) as well as perhaps Jaime , Brienne and Theon must surely have some sort of role at the end.

I suppose there just seem to be too many characters for them all to contribute effectively, especially when there are characters of such import as the ones you've mentioned!

Good OP! I especially like your theories on Bran, who is too often forgotten as clearly being one of the most important characters in the story.

My only question is how important do you think these characters will be in comparison to the other major POVs? I agree that these three will probably will have the biggest role in the endgame, but then characters like Tyrion, Sansa and Arya (who have also survived from book 1) as well as perhaps Jaime , Brienne and Theon must surely have some sort of role at the end.

I suppose there just seem to be too many characters for them all to contribute effectively, especially when there are characters of such import as the ones you've mentioned!

Tyrion and Arya will be almost as important as Jon , Bran and Dany. In the original plot the main characters where ment to be Tyrion , Dany , Jon , Bran and Arya.

Thank you! And just to clear things up a bit more, I'm not saying that these three kind of render everyone else as unimportant, but just that these are three people who are truly following the steps of "mystical destiny".

Tyrion has a HUGE role to play. And if there was absolutely anything mystical or supernatural in his POV, I would say that he was maybe part of the process as well, a head of the dragon so to speak. But I think what makes Tyrion such a powerhouse is that he DOESN'T have anything magical about him (that we know of), and his survival/ heroism all comes from the choices that he makes.......which I feel is in ways more powerful than having a "mystical destiny".

I mean same thing with Arya (who is tied with Jon Snow as my favorite character), she is a product of her thought and actions.....and her refusal to just lay down and die is what set her on the path she is on now. While she does have many supernatural things in her POV, they are more AROUND her, than they are ABOUT her...if that makes sense.

I think R'Hllor is definetly bad. They want a endless summer , but is that a good thing? In the summer the high lords plays their game of thrones , and the common people suffer then too.

Imo

R'Hllor= Bad fire

Daenerys = good fire

If Dany falls under Moqorro's influence , well thats bad news.

Yes I am a firm believer in this as well. It's interesting because in the World Book, they actually mention that some people theorized that the followers of R'Hllor actually had something to do with the DOOM in Valyria.........I think that's a thread of thought worth finding more stuff about.

Archived