Introductions

Ran

Hello. My name is Lydia. I lurked for a while, did some posting then lost my job & with it my connection to the internet so made a disappearance. Now i work from home & finally have the internet so here i am, woop woop. I'm not sure how much i will post though because i am horribly indecisive.

I live in London & i currently write about video games & small penises for a living. I like books, ferrets, computer games, music, snow, carousels, Henry Hoovers, toys (of the childish rather than adult variety) and dinosaurs. I hate R+L=J but i suspect it's probably true :(

Hello. My name is Lydia. I lurked for a while, did some posting then lost my job & with it my connection to the internet so made a disappearance. Now i work from home & finally have the internet so here i am, woop woop. I'm not sure how much i will post though because i am horribly indecisive.

I live in London & i currently write about video games & small penises for a living. I like books, ferrets, computer games, music, snow, carousels, Henry Hoovers, toys (of the childish rather than adult variety) and dinosaurs. I hate R+L=J but i suspect it's probably true :(

Hey Lydia, I was going to post how I thought that Henry actually having a family of hoovers kinds freaked me out and wanted to post a pic of the entire smiley faced hoover range but found this. They should make a Henry the hoover with a :( expression now.

I hate R+L=J but i suspect it's probably true

:tantrum:

Welcome back btw.

Hey Lydia, I was going to post how I thought that Henry actually having a family of hoovers kinds freaked me out and wanted to post a pic of the entire smiley faced hoover range but found this. They should make a Henry the hoover with a :( expression now.

Oh, oh no. That's horrifying. I felt guilty enough when i made my "Hetty" snort up mouse crap in my old flat. People are very strange.

Was the annoyance at my dislike of R+L=J or at the belief that it is probably true?

At the dislike - and annoyed is too strong a word, my apologies a :( would of sufficed.

To me the idea of it being true makes me :( for many reasons, mostly due to how it changes my opinion of Ned's character (to his detriment). But i don't want to be the cause of yet another thread hijack of the Jon's parentage nature!

I did think they might be asking for trouble when they produced a female version of Henry, with pretty girly eyelashes n' all...

Hello. Call me Painty. I love to read but I'm also a huge Sean Bean fan and when the news came round about him being in the HBO series for Game of Thrones I ran out and bought the book. Wow! I am truely amazed I didn't know about these books before.

I'm not even half way thru it right now ( at this moment I'm still at the Tourney part) I'm dieing to race thru the whole thing but I don't want to miss any details. ( Oh what a dilemma!)

I need people to chat with about these books. I'm on one forum for Bernard Cornwell, but that's the only other author's forum I'm a part of.

Hello. Call me Painty. I love to read but I'm also a huge Sean Bean fan and when the news came round about him being in the HBO series for Game of Thrones I ran out and bought the book. Wow! I am truely amazed I didn't know about these books before.

I'm not even half way thru it right now ( at this moment I'm still at the Tourney part) I'm dieing to race thru the whole thing but I don't want to miss any details. ( Oh what a dilemma!)

I need people to chat with about these books. I'm on one forum for Bernard Cornwell, but that's the only other author's forum I'm a part of.

Welcome Painty!

We were speculating (in the casting threads) that Sean Bean's fans might start to come over to join us, so its good to see that you are here!

I would respectfully suggest that you stay out of the book threads while you are here (and still reading the series) as there are some massive spoilers in some of those threads.

Welcome to the board, Painty and Goldaline.

Painty,

I do second Stubby -- keep away from spoilers if you mean to read the whole series and haven't yet! If you do feel the need to ask a question, start a thread and make it very, very clear indeed that you don't want to be spoiled past A Game of Thrones. :) Bean should be a fantastic Ned Stark.

Hi Painty. Personally I found the whole series highly "re-readable". I couldn't help devouring it the first time. And I've read it again and again. I've probably bought the whole set 3 or 4 times.

Hi Everyone. I'm Jaimee but you can call me Jme. We don't really need all those extra vowels. I was raised in a small town in Idaho so I'm into all the hiking and fishing and camping I can squeeze in then we buckle down for some crazy weather. The winters here are are un friggin REAL. We are the starks up in here!

AND WINTER IS COMING>>>

Hehe I *had* to. `~snickers~ LOL anyways....Getting "snowed in" is a comon theme and so here in a couple weeks I'l have a ton of time on my hands and you'll see more of me. Or I'll be painting/plumbing the sink/ *underbreath*fixinwhatthehellbreaksonthefriggingrumblegrumble...

I love to hang out with my kids. I love to read, and sew, make homemade christmas presents, bead, crochet, garden, sleep, I love sleep. sleep is one of my favorite things. I went to college and majored in History and minored in fine arts painting and sculpting. . but uh...yah so my children are beautiful and I love them very much. They are my lil miracles. I was told no babies...but I had 2 babies...so there. They are magical. They have super powers. I couldn't be happier with them and they are so funny and cool. I'm blessed. I was also blessed with 4 heart children who well that could be a whole thread...they are all so awesome. They range in age 20, 18,16,15,(9&7 for the youngest two). So yah I have the 6 kids. So I'm practiced in the art of herding cats. and Jedi mindtricks for use on teenagers. 5 girls and my 18 yr old is the boy. ~deep shuddering breath~~ I guess I should say *man*

I am a huge animal person. Love all kinds of animals. Love to ride horses.

I am, I guess, a country kid at heart forever but I've been to a large portion of the US because I used to be a jump in the car and go kinda girl but uh, I haven't really done that since well.. St.Patty's day..BUTTE!!!!!!!OY OY OY! OH AY OH AY OH OH AY OH AY.....anyways...I am Irish but I'm also scandinavan and Heinz 57 So I have to wear alot of big hats. I don't tan. On holidays like st paddy's and 4th o july and christmas, I like to wear giant hats I guess to call less attention to my big sun hats. I love to sing. I will post a video on youtube for mocking purposes soon. Ahhh the kareoke adventures...

Oh yah and I'm a little longwinded. Sorry bout that. Okay. I'm gonna wrap this up now.

I am OCD for ASOIAF. Love it. Can't wait for it to be done but it's like I don't mind waiting cause it's like smelling stew all day in the slowcooker, and you want some bad but you don't want to rush it but the savory smell carries you on it's mystical/Tom and Jerry wispy scent cloud and you just have to keep sniffing it. Yah so

\glad to be here.

:thumbsup: Jme

Edited by Jaimee

Whoa. :D Hi, Jme!

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I'm sort of surprised I'm the first beanophile here, actually, most of the other ladies have all read the series already.

Yeah I could come up with questions galore, I'll need to head over there then.

Hi all... first time poster, long time lurker.

I just started my first re-read of the series, and after spending some time on these boards, it really amazes me how much insight the collective readers from these boards have in all the details, which I largely missed the first time around. I am having just as much on the re-read as I am with the first read because of this.

I'm also looking forward to the anticipated HBO production.

Anyway, looking forward to future discussions.

Hi all... first time poster, long time lurker.

I just started my first re-read of the series, and after spending some time on these boards, it really amazes me how much insight the collective readers from these boards have in all the details, which I largely missed the first time around. I am having just as much on the re-read as I am with the first read because of this.

I'm also looking forward to the anticipated HBO production.

Anyway, looking forward to future discussions.

Welcome - I, too, am a reformed lurker. :)

Whoa. :D Hi, Jme!

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I'm sort of surprised I'm the first beanophile here, actually, most of the other ladies have all read the series already.

Yeah I could come up with questions galore, I'll need to head over there then.

I saw Beanophile and thought -- finally a fellow coffee lover. nope back to Boromir.

Welcome PaintGirl and Jester.

Oh, yeah! I can finally post!

Hello all, I am Seri. I picked up Martin's books years ago and they've made their way through me a few times and both my sister and her husband. I am most anxiously awaiting the new installment. Seems like it's been forever waiting.

I just came across this site out of boredom at work. And I love smileys, so be prepared for me to find a way to use every single one in my upcoming posts. :smug:

Oh, yeah! I can finally post!

Hello all, I am Seri. I picked up Martin's books years ago and they've made their way through me a few times and both my sister and her husband. I am most anxiously awaiting the new installment. Seems like it's been forever waiting.

I just came across this site out of boredom at work. And I love smileys, so be prepared for me to find a way to use every single one in my upcoming posts. :smug:

Hi Seri. Welcome to the board. :)

I was called Seri (short for my then-nickname) in a chat some years ago, and it was somehow funny to read the name here, so I just had to welcome you. ;)

I like smileys, too. And use them a lot. :D

Be prepared, though, that there is a limit to the number of smileys that can be used in one post! :tantrum:

If you use too many you will be warned about that and you have to reduce the number of smileys in your post.

Happens to me all the time. :bawl:

No warning ths time. :D