Introductions

Ran

Well, without cluttering up the thread, I can tell you that my debut novel, Shadow's Son, will be coming out in June 2010.

You can find out more at my website www.jonsprunk.com.

Thanks for the welcome.

Hey!! Are you the guy I met on the plane...you and your wife were returning from WFC in San Jose and I pimped this board? If so, welcome! You two were so nice. Glad you found the board.

If not, welcome anyway, and good luck with your book. :)

Hey!! Are you the guy I met on the plane...you and your wife were returning from WFC in San Jose and I pimped this board? If so, welcome! You two were so nice. Glad you found the board.

Yes, this is the same guy (my wife says hi). You were right-- great board! I'm enjoying myself immensely.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!! :cheers: (You need a waving smilee!)

First ever post!! From what i gather this is the best SOIAF forum on the web, so figured i'd join in!

I first heard about the series after a recommendation from another forum member on a LOTR collectibles forum after looking for similar epic-style fantasy stories. I checked some reviews on Amazon and saw all the praise and instantly went to Waterstones in Norwich to get my copy of A Game of Thrones. Of course, i was soon addicted. This was all before i had heard about the (possible) TV series so i am thrilled that i have actually got into something so good before a big movie/TV series introduced me to it!

A little about me - my name is Jon and i live in Norwich, UK. Oh and i'm 26. Obviously because of my name i like the character of Jon Snow, and i also identify with him because he starts off quite low down, but dreams of so much more, and like Jon i like to have my own furry companion around. I'd love a direwolf but the dog will do! So there you have the secret to my board name.

As far as the series, i have read the first and am just over halfway into the second. Jon and company have just made camp at the Fist, so i'm going to try and stay away from any spoilers!

Anyway, i'd best be off and update my profile and whatever else i can do!

Cheers!

Hello everyone!

I figured my first post ever ought to be here in the intro section. Like many others, I'm a lurker and now figure I should contribute to the conversations that go on around here. I must say I have great respect for the boarders here and this my first actual membership to any board ever.

Fucking hell. Cool. Nice one, Arbor. :lol:

Welcome to everyone else.

Hello everybody, I just posted over in the literature forum and realised I should probably have introduced myself first, oh well. I love the ASOIAF series and have read and re-read the series whilst waiting for DOD. I am hoping the book threads will help me remember the more salient points as I am old and forgetful !

I have been a bit of a lurker for quite sometime now and hope I may be able to contribute to the boards,Other authors I enjoy reading include amongst others, Morgan, Butcher, Mieville, Abercrombie, Banks and Erikson.

I shall endeavour to find a suitable avavtar....

Cheers

Guess I should have poked my head in a little earlier. So, uh, hi -- I'm Han and I really love this series. Look forward to meeting everyone. Good times ahead, I'm sure.

Welcome, Welcome!!! Very kewl handle indeed. I so hated the edited version of that scene.

As for those of you lamenting having posted elsewhere before introducing yourselves here; Don't sweat it! We're pleased to make your acquaintance, we're glad that you chose to introduce yourselves, but it is not an absolute requirement (I still have not ever introduced myself).

My name is Clayton, BTW... Most everyone around here just calls me Blauer... I'm 33, a Libra (with Scorpio rising), and I enjoy long walks off of short piers and smiling through the pain. :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I'd belatedly introduce myself - I'm a bonafide nerd living in Atlanta, but I'm originally from Melbourne, Australia. Long story as to how I got here, but at least either way I can say that I'm a Southerner ;)

These boards are great for a read and an education, so I plan on sticking around :)

I've been posting here since 2008 but it has been sporadical and very clumsy indeed, so I'd still consider myself a noob to the boards and an actual introduction seems in order.

I remeber that when I first came to the board I told Myshkin that Myshkin wasn't the best of Dostoevsky's characters but Raskolnikov (or some such), I'd like to think I've grown.

I enjoy anything that has to do with mountainous slopes and fierce cold weather, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, hiking, camping. Wouldn't label myself as a martial artist since that would suggest some level of skill, but I've been competing a little and practicing for some years now. Currently living in norway to earn some money and then the general idea is to follow the kliché of doing a trip around the world for an indefinite period of time.

So, hello all.

• 3 weeks later...

Woah, I just read this thread for the first time. But I see some of us (i.e. X-Ray, LoB) are doing a nice job as our unofficial n00b ambassadors. Anyway, welcome all new people - several of you, by the time I read this, like eyelesbarrow, JungianQueen, and Vrana are no longer n00bs to me (and of course, the people I've actually met, like TheRedWoman, kairparavel, and Twisted Strawberry)

Edited by Raidne

Hi all,

Ive been posting here for a while, but figured I should introduce myself.

Im 24, married and live in Canada. I enjoy "The Great Outdoors", and work in the natural resources field doing research.

I began reading ASOIF in late 2008, and blew through them. Now I cant wait for ADWD.

Take care!

• 2 weeks later...