Introductions

Ran

Hello everyone... I picked up A Game Of Thrones about a month ago and am now in the middle of A Storm of Swords...

I'm going to try to keep my head down until I finish A Feast For Crows just so I don't stumble upon a spoiler...

Just wanted to say hello and I can't wait for the HBO series!

This is my third post (I think), so still pretty much a noobie.

My name is Porcupine Tree and my addiction is ASOIAF.... :D

Started off with SF and Fantasy reading 'The Weirdstone of Brisengamen' and 'The Dark is Rising' series when I was about 7, Tolkien at 11.

Got all read out in the 90s, but Terry Pratchett rescued me...

DS introduced me to GRRM last year, and I read the first 2 books on holiday. I have never been so captivated and immersed in an alternative reality by any other author (including JRRT, heresy!). On my second re-read, up to AFFC. Impressed DS by working out R+L=J and Loras+R on second read. I started lurking after my first read-through, mostly on WiC because I like the blog style. But need more ASOIAF to feed my habit, so hello Westeros!

Potted history: Geography degree (Landform Science) at Kingston University. DH is in IT, DS graduated this summer and is now underfoot again, DD is at Bristol Uni. Work in a secondary school for peanuts. Love fantasy and SF (duh) and historical fiction, and keeping up with my professional field. Holidays in Switzerland, France, Italy, and other parts of UK. Love bodyboarding in Cornwall.

If you are intrigued by my handle, google it. And no, it's not polite to ask a lady her age...

Hiya folks!

I'll probably just lurk a bit, but it's nice to sign up anyway. I started reading fantasy at a teenager (about 15 year ago now, gasp!), got addicted to WoT first and used to go semi-lurk at wotmania back in the day. I gave those books up a few years ago, but I never stopped reading fantasy and SF. My standards are a bit higher than they used to be though.

Anyway, I found out about the HBO series this summer and figured ASoIaF was ready for a re-read, and oh my how much I'd forgotten. I had to go through the wikis and theories to get back into it. These days I've been hanging around the Winter is Coming blog, and it's about time to get into this place a bit more.

Morning/Afternoon/Evening all

Misha aka The Multi-Class-Geek aka Ser Eloisa here.

I've been observing the board for a while; Thanks to Z, I've even met a few of you at London meetups.

It's her who's to blame for me reading the books... Unlike her, I cannot forgive Jaime for what he did to Brandon Stark, but otherwise, we're on the same wavelength (right down to the Jon/Dany Impending Unknown Incest Ship)

Right, intro done. Back to the Ashes thread....

Hey all.

I've lurked here for around 2 years I think and quite a bit as of late (started my first re-read and so forth). A Song of Ice and Fire is my favorite series; my first fantasy series read was the old The Dark is Rising series back in middle school.

I'm 22 and going to start grad school in a couple years. I will have my Bachelor's in History in a bit and plan on either branching off to Anthropology or continuing along a history track.

I watch lots of anime, read manga, and think I may be starting a re-watch of Firefly soon. Because Mal is just that badass.

I don't think I've introduced myself, yet. My name is Matthew, I'm 20 and a college student majoring in history up in Maine. I read AGoT at the recommendation of a friend back in January and fell in love with it instantly. I bought, read and finished the series within a matter of weeks. ASoIaF has definitely become my favorite series, and I look forward to the future re-reads (especially after seeing all the things I missed in my initial reading).

I'm 22 and going to start grad school in a couple years. I will have my Bachelor's in History in a bit and plan on either branching off to Anthropology or continuing along a history track.

Welcome! Im also am going for my Bachelor's in history and plan to go to Grad school for either Anthropology or Archaeology.

Hello everyone! I figured the upcoming HBO series was a perfect excuses for a reread of ASoIaF and for me to immerse myself into these great novels once more. It's been five years since I first read the books and I cannot believe how much I'd forgotten!

But the forums, the index in the back and my own notes which I rediscovered on a piece of paper in the first book are helping a lot. :) I am really, really looking forward to the tvseries and am enjoying the picking apart of the trailers screen by screen and seeing all the lively discussions about the adaptation.

I am 31, happily married and am living in the Netherlands with my husband and our two cats. I am a social psychologist but I work in marketing research. Well I guess that will be all for now. ;)

Hi

Looooong time lurker! I've been obsessed with ASOIAF for far too long to be healthy. In fact, this sort of feels like an AA meeting post!

Despite the fact that I'm a bit of a technophobe, the posts on this site have been so fantastic that I JUST signed up a week or 2 ago 'cuz everyone else was having so much fun, I wanted to join the cool kids.

Live in Canada, have been married to the best husband in the world for 14 years this Dec. 21 (yes, the darkest day of the year) and we currently have one alaskan malamute. I have reread the 4 books way to many times to admit it here, and am just finishing off AFFC again. It's hard being this obsessed and waiting for ADWD. Good thing there's a whole new tv series coming out to focus my fixation on. (My friends who are truly SF readers and gamers think my one area of SF obsession is hilarious, and have just bought me the board game). I am just grateful there's an entire site for people who are just as committed to this level of scrutiny and fanaticism as I am.

Do I get my chip now? :blushing:

Howdy, y'all!

Okay, I'm not actually Texan or anything, sorry. :P I just came to this forum a couple days ago after my love for ASoIaF began to be rekindled by the ongoing production of Game of Thrones. I read the first three novels way back in 2002, and then eagerly devoured (in the metaphorical sense, obviously) A Feast for Crows when it was released in 2005, but I hadn't cracked open any of the books since then. But as I've started following GoT's progress, I've gotten really into GRRM's fantastic world and characters again, and I figured it was high time for a re-read of the books. I just started AGOT a couple days ago.

When I last read the books, I didn't really know anyone else who was into them, so it'll be nice to have other people with whom to finally discuss them. :thumbsup:

Oh, and as for my name...I'm also a big fan of Bernard Cornwell's Richard Sharpe novels, and I also really enjoyed the TV movies based on them, which starred Sean Bean as Sharpe. Since he's now playing two of my favorite characters from two of my favorite series of novels, I figured I'd combine the two. Probably not as clever as I think it was, but I'm usually pretty terrible at coming up with good usernames. :lol:

Hi!

I was talking to someone from omegle a while ago who encouraged me to join, so here I am :P

I've only had a skim of this thread so don't really know the protocol :P

In a nutshell, I am a 17 year old student who wants to rediscover her love for ASOIAF. I've read the books, but want to have a big re-read at some point. I think I'm looking for a place where I can discuss all my loony ideas and theories on them...

I also love reading, writing and rubbish TV!

so yeah, very briefly, thats me!