Introductions

Ran

Welcomes to Cotter_Pyke, pdoubleum, Winter Child Obsidian Edge and JeorMormont. :)

OE, the short answer is 'not really'.

The longer answer is that the General (ASOIAF) forums is a good place to start. Part of the fun of all these theories is that they are still theories, so there is no FAQ or the like of theories that have become dogma (for lack of a better word and i don't for a moment think that these theories have gone that far) as that would likely sound the death knell for all the discussion.

Otherwise, Cheers to all and enjoy the place. :thumbsup:

Thanks Stubby. Really enjoying the site so far.

Hi everyone,

I have been here a few weeks but just realizing this was here so wanted to say hi. I had heard about the tv series but don't have HBO so hadn't seen it. Then I read a rave review of Dance With Dragons and decided to try the series. I started reading AGOT and fell in love with the series. I then looked to see if there was a website and found this and fell in love with that too! I love all the theories and the way it's set up so you ca start posting no matter which book you're on-and even chapter by chapter for book five. Looking forward to reading and posting more.

Hey there Im Michelle I discovered the books thanks to HBO and Im seriously hooked :D

I started Feast yesterday and Im worried about finishing and having to wait, lets say 2 years, although from what I've learned about GRRM that could be a long shot, anyway who cares if time is what it takes for good books so be it I wouldnt have it any other way.

Now time for the newbie question "how to change my profile pic" Im sure its been posted before but I seriously need help its driving me nuts I've tried a thousand times with different pics but long story short a FAIL message is all I get :bang: (also tried URL from image hosting site and SURPRISE it didnt work either nothing loads...)

Can someone please HELP ME not in a read the FAQ's way...been there done that...

Edited by Frozen Soul

Hello everyone. Just signed up today and thought I'd come introduce myself. I'm Cricky, from Belfast and I'm now a huge fan of the ASOIAF series! I first heard of the series when HBO done AGOT and when I finished the last episode I just needed more right away so I started into the first book (back in July I think) and have finished all 5 books since then and still needed more so I found the Dunk and Egg novellas and read all three of them this last week and STILL needed more so I turned to the web and found this site and forum. I've been forumming for years now (mostly on dance music forums) so thought I may as well sign up!

Before this series I'd never read any fictional books at all and was surprised how completely hooked I became with this. I absolutely can't get enough!

I've also managed to secure myself a spot as an extra on season two. Heading down on Monday morning for rehearsals or something for a battle scene. Quite excited!!

Greetings,

Stumbled upon the first book earlier this year and loved it. However, due to studies, I simply had no time to finish the remainder and it was only recently that I plowed through all five books, as well as the Dunk & Egg novellas. Joined because the discussions here seem interesting. You learns so much more about these books ( and really any book ) when you have someone to discuss it with. Seems like a great place with great people to cling together with while waiting for the Winds of Winter.

Goodmorning! At least that what it's here right now.

After a few months of lurking around here, reading when I had nothing else to do I decided to sign up, mainley because I don't have a lot of people to talk about one of my favourite series in real life.

Fantasy has always been one of my favourite genres. However, I don't read a lot of it since there is so much crap and I was dissapointed more than satisfied. However, about a year ago I started reading Game of Thrones after discovering they were making a tv series out of it. I remembered watching Legend of the Seeker without reading the books, which basically sucked. Now that I think about it, it would have sucked while having read the books also, I think. Anyway, I always appreciate books more before I see the film or series so I decided to read Game of Thrones before watching it. That was the right choice. I was hooked after a few chapters and the first four books were finished in about six months. Would have been faster if my library did have more of them in stock so I didn't had to wait a few weeks a few times. I don't by every book I like but when I came across part two, three and four in good secondhand quality I didn't hesitate. Then came the agonising wait for Dance and the television series. The first was difficult but the series made it better because I loved that one too. Even my non-GoT-reading-but-very-awesome-girlfriend liked it, and we watched it together. So now I'm in the same boat as all you veteran fans: waiting for the next book.

About me in random order: student, two jobs, basketball, movies, television series, books, internet, music. And I'm Dutch. Yes, as is Carice van Houten who will play Mellisandre.

Now's the time for questions. Anyone? No? Well, enjoy your sunday.

Edit: I tried to come up wit a fitting nickname but that's difficult since so many characters or variations from that are allready taken on a longstanding forum like this. I couldn't bother enough, so it became just my normal name.

Edited by Geert

Hi Stubby, I've managed to keep my promise and have joined just before the weekend ends! I had to try and think of a cool name for myself and clearly I need to think on that for another year or so!!

I'll try to post comments occasionally but this is my first post EVER!!

See you in the laneway!

Busy weekend by the looks of it ;)

Welcome to everyone: Queen Nymeria, Knyfe, Dena, LordChaplin, shaeyoufool, Frozen Soul, SerCrickard, Vestige, and Geert.

Hand and a Half! The more West Aussies the better I say. And yes we will be there in the laneway as usual.

Enjoy the place folks.

:cheers:

Hello everyone!

I've been visiting these forums for a couple months now, finally decided to make an account. Just want to say that it seems like an awesome community here and I'm looking forward to being a member of it.

I was first introduced to the series from the HBO series and cannot get enough of the books. So excited for Winds of Winter but also disappointed it'll probably be a few years until its finished. Still, should be fun speculating and discussing on here.

Greetings from Sweden!

I've read the asoiaf-series quite recently, though I had thought about it for a long time and being pushed towards it by a pig-headed friend. I saw a trailer for the TV-show. That was it for me. I forsake my vow to not bury myself in another (seemingly) neverending series of fantasybooks again and read the hole damn stack of books in a row, just in time for ADWD to come out. And here I am, fallen into the abyss of restless waiting for any little thing to be revealed of what's to come.

I guess a re-read is inevitable, maybe more than one.

I'm really grateful for Westeros.org, you are like an igloo in a blizzard to us lost in the wilderness of "GRRM's between books" :-)

As I'm from a really cold place, I can't wait to see what winter will do to the Seven Kingdoms.

First rule of winter:

Don't eat yellow snow

Edited by Eira

Good evening, I'm new to the site, new to the books, thoroughly enjoying the latter and I'm sure I'll enjoy the former! Just finished CoK and would be starting the next installment this evening if my local supermarket hadn't let me down by changing their display and removing every single ASOIAF book..they were all there 2 days ago! Very cross!

Anyway, tantrum aside, I have loved reading these first two books and I do have to admire Mr. Martin for not being shy about seeing off his characters and for his ability to keep up with all those personalities! When I first picked up GoT, I was quite alarmed by no less than four maps (I have trouble reading one!) thinking I was going to be somewhat confused with who, what, where, when etc. I was right too! I'm still getting to grips with who's who and thank all the gods for the appendix! I am experiencing 'shock' moments and find myself picking my chin up off the floor and at the end of one particular chapter in Cok, breathing a huge sigh of relief, though still with mouth agape at the horror of it all! I'm looking forward to seeing this series through to the end and I'd wager the end won't be what we expect at all, if the author's twists and turns in the tale so far are anything to go by!

Well then, looking forward to reading the posts and avoiding spoilers! And I hope I can add something of use to the forum...I am prone to rambling on at times....

Hi Folks,

Like so many it's the HBO series that started me off, but I read all five books in less than two months.

Fandom of GRRM seems of a very high quality, so I hope I can live up to your "standards"! I haven't been this excited and into a fantasy universe since, well, Middle-Earth. And in some ways I even like Westeros/Essos better!

Hope I can contribute.

Ashiata

And another new boy here. Hi everyone.

Just a short summary: I'm German, a student, a fan of fantasy and sci-fi in general (Tolkien is God!), I play the drums and I do martial arts.

I read the books before watching the series, and though I'm not quite a book purist, I don't like unnecessary changes (including characters not looking like described in the book, I can rant endlessly about that) - altogether I like the TV adaption, though.

My favourite characters are Jon Snow and - big surprise, when you look at my user name - Sandor Clegane.

Hi all! *waves wildly*

just finished AFfC, looking forward to ADWD :)

I've just turned 30 and live in the UK. I've always read scifi and fantasy, and as a former bookseller I have a mighty book collection.... I also love comic books, and fully admit to being a total nerd.