Introductions

Ran

Hello!

I've been lurking a while, and thought it was about time I signed up and started contributing. I was introduced to the series through the TV show, and started reading the first book with the intention of only reading each book after the relevant TV series. You can probably guess how long that plan lasted. I'm now fully up to speed with the books, almost finished the current Dunk and Egg stories, and am re-experiencing all the books in audio form. I'm completely and utterly hooked.

This place is an excellent and eloquent community and it's helped me hugely with coming to grips with all the finer details of the series. So, once again, hello!

Hello everyone! I'm new to here and the books. I've just started to read them, and I love them so far! The show is amazing too.

Welcome, my best advice is. If your still reading the books, be very careful in the forums. You will be spoiled quicker than you can believe. I would say sticking to the Still reading threads is the best way to get the most enjoyment. General ASOIAF, though is ruthless. And now that ADWD spoilers are allowed freely, you can spend an hour in there and have all 5 books spoiled for you.

Gen Chat and Entertainment are also good forums, where you don't have to worry about any spoliers. No one really ever talks about the books in there.

But again Welcome :)

Edited by ICE CROW

Welcome, my best advice is. If your still reading the books, be very careful in the forums. You will be spoiled quicker than you can believe. I would say sticking to the Still reading threads is the best way to get the most enjoyment. General ASOIAF, though is ruthless. And now that ADWD spoilers are allowed freely, you can spend an hour in there and have all 5 books spoiled for you.

Gen Chat and Entertainment are also good forums, where you don't have to worry about any spoliers. No one really ever talks about the books in there.

But again Welcome :)

Thanks for the advice :) .

I'm very nearly near finished the series, so hopefully it won't be too long before I can search all topics here without fear of the spoiler.

Hello I'm Arkan. That's my real name, it's unique enough that I can use it for forums and games :D

I'm 23 and just graduated from aerospace university. While looking for a job I started reading the series, next thing I know I've just finished the last book, and I'm dieing to get my hands on the next one.

Nice to meet you all.

Hello. I'm new here! My name is Sara and I live in Sweden.

Before I discovered GoT/ASoIaF I wasn't into fantasy at all but I decided to give GoT a chance to see what all the fuss was about. I quickly got hooked and after watching S1 I bought the books as well. I could hardly wait to watch S2 first, it feels like forever until that will start.

I'm currently reading Crows and I'm about half way through. So far I think Swords is my favorite of the books. Favorite characters are Arya, Jon, Jaime and Tyrion. Also really like Brienne.

Hello to everyone above! I am pretty new here as well, having lurked, then created an account, then lurked some more (with a few occasional posts thrown in). In my haste to dig through the discussions when I joined, I missed this thread entirely!

I enjoy fantasy, but tend to always be disappointed in new material I read. Thankfully, at some point after AFFC came out, I convinced myself to start the ASoIaF series and have been in love with it ever since. The Citadel portion of Westeros.org is a favorite resource (I enjoy dissecting the prophecies and dialogue in the series), which led me here to the forums. Otherwise, I guess you can expect that I'll probably rationalize and defend everything Arya does in the series, jump at every loony conspiracy mentioned, and at some point mention that whoever plays Oberyn Martell in Season 3 should be hired by Dos Equis to do a crossover "Most Interesting Man in Westeros" ad campaign ("I don't always bring pennies to Kings Landing, but when I do..."). ;)

--Brian

Hi everyone :) My name is Jimmy. I live in the UK, just outside Birmingham. I absolutely adore A Song of Ice and Fire and am currently devouring A Storm of Swords 1: Steel and Snow.

Unfortunately I couldn't watch the TV series, because my family cannot afford Sky Atlantic, so I have to make do youtube clips with all the violence and swearing edited out!

My favourite characters are Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen. I thought her and Drogo are a cute couple.

in a weird way.

I also thing Joffrey Baratheon is a scrawny little prick who's a bully and a mommy's boy.

My interests are reading, and I am also a huge video game fan, and am a huge player of Rockstar, especially games like Red Dead Redemption and LA Noire, even if that was a bit dissapointing.

Anyway, hopefully I'll speak to you on the forums soon. Bye :)

Jimmy :cheers:

hey erryone, I'm Laura aka Lars. I'm a big Zelda nerd and Tolkien fanatic, ASoIaF saved me from becoming something of a Tolkien scholar. I design clothing and work a lot with leather. been designing corsets lately too. If anyone is looking for custom work, I'd be glad to hear what you want! would love to design someone's costume for a convention or faire, esp if it is high fantasy related!

I have my theories about the books and love discussing literature in general. I've written some short stories and also am a songwriter... though that is not terribly uncommon in my city. I've lurked here a bit and have been posting in forums for years so hopefully I'll fit in nicely.

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum. My real name is Ante and I'm from Croatia.

How did I get my hands on ASoIaF?

At my university, lot of my coleagues (GRRM fans) suggested me to watch the TV show because I't great, exciting... I loved the show so I bought the books and red them throught the summer and now I'm simply addicted to GRRM.

Martin's books are really refreshing, full of twists and turns, possibilities, realistic characters (there are no ultra positive characters that will save the world, everyone is following their own interests) and Westeros is simply brilliant.

I hope that I can contribute to this forum with my posts and opinions.

So hi aganin, and prepare yourself because winter is coming.

P.S. Sorry for bad english, it can be sometimes really bad

Hi folks,

Been lurking for a while and decided it was time for me to put my 2 pennies in...I know booooooo! From the Toronto area, born and raised, And have been reading the "Song" from the very beginning. To quote myself " who the fuck kills the main character of their book? Who!?!?!?" Well after many many moons It's George RR Martin, or as prefer to call him; The Maestro. So looking forward to all your spins & thoughts on the series that has consumed me for over a decade! Cheers and lets raise a pint for Ned! The last honest man( and only honest man) I have ever truely known...I think :fencing:

PS HBO should thank GRRM for getting me to subscribe...Plus now I'm hooked on Dexter!

Edited by Ser Tomas Yellowsnow

Hello everyone, my name is Tom. I got into the books after watching the HBO series and have read all five books in the last few months (I'm just waiting to get a few of the books back from a friend before I start a re-read). I've been looking around the forums the past couple of weeks and thought it was about time I poked my nose in on the conversation. :)