Introductions

Ran

Cheers to you if you're a fan of In Flames, Clayman and prior. :P

Can't I like some songs from the later albums, too? Beacuse The Quiet Place is fixed in my head as

Sandor on the Quiet Isle

song and I am not giving that up.

Hiya! I'm Jenni, I'm from Finland and I'm a total newbie in the world of ASoIaF as I had struggled so long trying to figure out whether I should start reading the books in Finnish or in English. Finally I decided to read them in English and I'm glad for that because they're quite easy to read even for a non-native talker like me - at the moment I'm in the middle of the first book :) I've always been a huge fan of the fantasy genre, and enjoyed reading those brick-sized books so I don't actually understand how I didn't know anything about ASoIaF until like a couple of weeks ago... But still, better late than never, right?

Well well, about myself? Like I said I'm from Finland, I'm 17 years old, and the things I like the most in my life are reading, snowboarding, having fun with friends and just chilling. Good music is always important too, I listen to almost every genre there is, from metal to r'n'b, to reggae, to ska, to house, to... My musical taste depends so much on on my mood. And I'm not a native speaker so please forgive me for my possible problems in writing, I'm trying to improve my English as much as I can!

Sup, I'm Emma, I'm 18 (as of next Thursday) and I like nutella. Finished ADWD several days ago and I'm completely obsessed with the series. I basically dedicated my summer to it, in addition to catching up with Breaking Bad, my other new obsession. Back in the old days I was a big Lost fan. Other interests include music, languages, cats, food, Mel Brooks movies, Petyr Baelish, violin, Arrested Development, ice cream, animals, Harry Potter, the color teal, dreams, pi, pie, Shakespeare, politics, Regina Spektor, soccer, Spain, Monty Python, philosophy, and Casso the King of Seals. To name a few.

Edited by nutella23

After more than 30 posts it seems likely that I'll stick around, so it's about time to introduce myself :)

Despite my nickname, I would not be considered a knight in real life; my real name shares a similar meaning to my nickname though, and it is a hommage to GRRM's brilliant writing on displaying the hypocrisy and struggle people face with knightly ideals such as honor and morality.

Aight, back to me. I started reading the books after I watched S1 of A Game of Thrones, and reckoned that the books would be even better if the show proved to be this good. My expectations have not let me down, and re-reading the books has become even more brilliant thanks to the excellent re-read and analysis threads. Plus, it's a great way to procrastinate on my bachelor's thesis. Despite the forum being an escape from my academic obligations, I genuinely like the approach to the books, and the great insights the threads have offered me to the books.

ETA: How rude, I haven't said 'hi' and welcome to the other new members!

Edited by Knight

Hello all!

I've only posted here a handful of times but figured I should make a post here too. I've just started reading ASOIAF after hearing rave reviews for the HBO series. Naturally, I had to start reading the books first (and I don't have access to the show, for now...-sigh-) Even though I'm only about to finish AGOT, I've gone and spoiled a number of things for myself, up until AFFC at the very least. I blame my curiosity! That being said, I'd like to post more once I finish ASOS...I'll feel a little more in the loop by then. Here's to hoping junior year of college won't keep me away from this great series!

Well hello there folks.

I caught the Ice and Fire bug from Game of Thrones s1, which I started midway through and have been addicted to since. For my sins I've only just got round to reading the books, starting Clash of Kings tonight. I expect I'll be posting here more often but I'd like to extend an invitation to join the Game of Thrones Game at my other forum, an RP using player characters to win support through force or intrigue to put a king on the iron throne. We're 9 turns in now, and it'd be great if you could join us, particularly if you want to be a Tully, a Stark or an Arryn. I'm 22 and from London, currently working in Seattle and heading back to college/uni after a few years out this autumn.

Hey there... I'm new here.

I started reading ASoIaF about a month ago and just finished ADwD a week ago. Actually, I started reading about a day before the derecho blew out the power in my region, and I spent the weekend in the basement of a sweltering house, holding a flashlight, and reading GoT on my Kindle.

I was down there in the dark when the Starks went South, when Catelyn abducted Tyrion and went to the Vale, and when Tyrion brought his mountain tribes to join his father's host. I'm not really sure I would have gotten that far into GoT if there had really been anything else to do because I was having "issues" with the series for the first 2.5 books. But by the time power as restored, I was hooked - even when I didn't want to be!

About an hour after I finished ADwD, I did a search for "Jon dead" and came across that R+L = J theory. A search for "Bran greenseer" brought me to Bloodraven. And that's when I realized that this site was going to give me a lot of interesting theories to play with.

Before registering, however, I left town for a wedding (apparently nobody told my relatives that weddings are dangerous!), but now that I'm home, I'm here. I suppose that if I'd known there was a "currently reading" area, I would have gotten myself registered a month ago! There was sooooo much to talk about! :lol:

I'm currently reading the third Dunk & Egg story and plan to finish tomorrow. :)

Hi everyone ,

I'm Gemma and I'm 25. Ive been a member of the forums for a while now but recently plucked up the outrage to post in here. I've loved reading all the various theories you all have in here,some really interesting and some a bit crackpot but they're all good!

I first got introduced to the series when I saw the ad for game of thrones on tv,googled to get a bit for info and found out it was a book series. Have read since then and never looked back and I am now about to start a re-read . I will definatly be on the look out for some of the things you more observant readers have posted about as I seem to have not noticed / realised certain things .

A bit about me: we'll recently finished college and on the look out for what's next for me next (not sure what yet) I'm a massive geek I love lord of the rings and I'm a bit of a gamer will be playing Guild wars 2 when it's released this month so may be a few of you out there!

Hi all,

Happy to meet a bunch of ASOIAF heads. I read the books, through a Feast for Crows, a while ago...I'd say I finished them in 2006? And I got so angry with the fourth book, and the fact that no fifth book was forthcoming, and irritated with Daenerys' character, and frustrated that the book didn't cover more about a storyline that I care about...well anyway, I decided I would stop reading the books.

But that was a few years ago, and while I've waited for another author to finish another series (Brandon Sanderson/WOT), I figured I'd take the down time to go back through ASOIAF and read A Dance with Dragons. So I just finished re-reading Game of Thrones, this is probably my third time through, and I'm glad to say I may have noticed more this time around than in the last times I've read it. I'm about to start re-reading Clash of Kings, and am really just looking forward to chatting with people who've read the books (since all of my friends have only watched the series). I'm sure most of you are more attentive to details than I am, which I appreciate, since it seems my theories on the storyline align with some on this forum, and some theories on this forum have shed some light on what I've read so far.

Anyway, look forward to chatting about all of it.

Aloha!

Hello!

I'm Kathryn, a.k.a. Loerwyn, I'm 22 and I'm from TarthEngland. I've had a copy of A Game of Thrones (along with both volumes of Martin's Dreamsongs) on my shelves for a few years, but it wasn't until last week that I started reading it, despite having seen both seasons of the show. I finished it this morning, and I'm already about 75 pages into A Clash of Kings.

I'm a fan of Bran/Osha/Hodor, Jon & Ygritte, Yara, Tyrion and Brienne from the show (I hate Theon, who I call Chinfluff), and in the books, so far, I'm a fan again of Bran/Osha/Hodor and Tyrion, and I'm hoping I'll enjoy Brienne, Asha and Ygritte even more than I did the show versions.

Hi,

29 year old guy from England.

Had the book Game of Thrones on the bookshelf for a couple of years and not got into it. Tried again a few days ago and wow i'm hooked. About halfway through and already looking to get the next book/full set. Not going to venture into the future book forums until i am reading them as i have already spoiled myself by checking wiki which unveiled a real spoiler from further into the book than i am. I really should lose my head over it... :):):)

Anyway look forward to sharing my reading experience with you all.