Introductions

Ran

Hi everyone,

Well I will do it as simple as I can.

My name is Igor and I´m from Rio de janeiro, Brazil. I am an aspiring electrical engineer.

I am a big fan of the world George created and hold house Martell in high regard.

So that´s all I can come up with right now (I kinda have a fear to write as I am not the best at grammar). I hope to meet a lot of fans of ASOIF from around the world.

See ya,

Welcome to the board! :cheers:

Hi Jon Martell, welcome! So I take it you're a fan of the Martells then? So what are your reasons for supporting them? I've only read the series once, but I always became instantly bored whenever the story came back to Dorne, so I'm interested as to what it is Dorne / Martell fans like. :) Not that I'm asking you to justify yourself or anything, I'm just interested.

And hi to Strong Belwas! I'm amazed that username hadn't been taken earlier, now I think about it.

And a big welcome to any other new people I've missed. I haven't come in here for a while so I expect I've missed a lot of new folks. Welcome one and all! :cheers:

Hi Jon Martell, welcome! So I take it you're a fan of the Martells then? So what are your reasons for supporting them? I've only read the series once, but I always became instantly bored whenever the story came back to Dorne, so I'm interested as to what it is Dorne / Martell fans like. :) Not that I'm asking you to justify yourself or anything, I'm just interested.

And hi to Strong Belwas! I'm amazed that username hadn't been taken earlier, now I think about it.

And a big welcome to any other new people I've missed. I haven't come in here for a while so I expect I've missed a lot of new folks. Welcome one and all! :cheers:

Hi Eddard, I really like their words ( Unbowed, Unbroken, Unbent), their weather as it is described as hot and sunny and because I really expect them to play a major role in the end of the novel. I really want to know what Doran´s plans are.

Well that´s basically it,

See ya

Edited by Jon Martell

Hello everyone. Just signed up today. I just got into GoT about 2 weeks ago. Everyone was telling me how great it was so I finally started watching from the beginning and it was so good I couldn't stop watching until I caught up all the way to the current season. Haven't read the books yet but I plan on it as soon as I can.

Also, the photo editor isn't working. lol

EDIT: Nvm. I figured it out.

Edited by Shadow Queen Medea

Hello everyone. Just signed up today. I just got into GoT about 2 weeks ago. Everyone was telling me how great it was so I finally started watching from the beginning and it was so good I couldn't stop watching until I caught up all the way to the current season. Haven't read the books yet but I plan on it as soon as I can.

Welcome to the board! :cheers:

Welcome @Shadow Queen Medea!

Enjoy the books - and I don't know if this bit of advice makes so much of a change . . . if you'd like to read the books somewhat unspoilered, you can keep to the show sections of the forum for the while :)

Have fun either way!

Hi Eddard, I really like their words ( Unbowed, Unbroken, Unbent), their weather as it is described as hot and sunny and because I really expect them to play a major role in the end of the novel. I really want to know what Doran´s plans are.

Well that´s basically it,

See ya

Surely it's "Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"? Oh the irony, hehe. Ah interesting, I hadn't looked at it that way. For me they came into the story so late, I've always felt like they had such a minor role, but I guess it'll be interesting to see what happens in The Winds of Winter.

Welcome! Wow, you watched like 40 episodes in 2 weeks? That's intense!! You'll enjoy the books, although you might find it takes slightly longer than 2 weeks to get through them. :P

Welcome! Wow, you watched like 40 episodes in 2 weeks? That's intense!! You'll enjoy the books, although you might find it takes slightly longer than 2 weeks to get through them. :P

Well, I couldn't watch every episode. HBO on demand only had a few key episodes per season, and a season recap for each season, but I got the general gist of what's going on and have watched every episode so far from season 5. I really enjoy how it the show separates itself from generic fantasy by pushing boundaries and having a very rich plot, rather than the common "good vs. evil, black and white" theme most fantasy portrays. I'm also sorry to see Sansa slowly becoming more of a major player in the "Game", because we all know what happens when you play the game. You win or you die.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

Well, I couldn't watch every episode. HBO on demand only had a few key episodes per season, and a season recap for each season, but I got the general gist of what's going on and have watched every episode so far from season 5. I really enjoy how it the show separates itself from generic fantasy by pushing boundaries and having a very rich plot, rather than the common "good vs. evil, black and white" theme most fantasy portrays. I'm also sorry to see Sansa slowly becoming more of a major player in the "Game", because we all know what happens when you play the game. You win or you die.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

Ah I see. I don't really know what HBO on demand is, but it sounds rubbish if they only show a few episodes from each series! If you can get hold of the DVDs or something then you're in for a treat. I wasn't sure what you meant about Sansa playing an active role in the game of thrones (I've read all the books, but only managed to watch the first 2 series of the TV show), so this makes me wonder if this is one of the places where the show takes a departure from the books...(or overtakes the books)

Ah I see. I don't really know what HBO on demand is, but it sounds rubbish if they only show a few episodes from each series! If you can get hold of the DVDs or something then you're in for a treat. I wasn't sure what you meant about Sansa playing an active role in the game of thrones (I've read all the books, but only managed to watch the first 2 series of the TV show), so this makes me wonder if this is one of the places where the show takes a departure from the books...(or overtakes the books)

Well, HBO is the premiere channel that GoT runs on in the States and you can select older episodes to watch from the cable company that provides the service. It had all episodes from season 4 and 5, but I missed some from the first few seasons.

I've seen a few people on this forum say that Sansa's character in the show is different from the books. On the show she is getting more involved with the politics little by little, but a lot of it is Littlefinger's doing. I don't want to give any more away because....spoilers... you know. haha

Hi. :)

My name is Kat, and I've loved reading and fantasy as far back as I can remember.

Unfortunately, I didn't get my hands on the first ASoIaF book until recently, and I am halfway done with it.

I got introduced to this wickedly awesome series with the television show, although I really wish I would've known about the books beforehand.

I'm an American, live in the state of Illinois, and I am seventeen years old. (will be eighteen May 28!)

I think it's obvious which house I am for, with my name and icon. ;)

I hope to post more and maybe even make some friends! :D

My name is Kat, and I've loved reading and fantasy as far back as I can remember.

Unfortunately, I didn't get my hands on the first ASoIaF book until recently, and I am halfway done with it.

I got introduced to this wickedly awesome series with the television show, although I really wish I would've known about the books beforehand.

I'm an American, live in the state of Illinois, and I am seventeen years old. (will be eighteen May 28!)

Welcome kat,

Keep reading you won't regret.

See ya

Hi Kat, welcome to Westeros! If you haven't finished the books yet I'd advise you tread with care in the forum, as there are a lot of spoilers!

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

Welcome! There are spoilers everywhere so be careful. I am 3/4's of the way through A Clash of Kings and I stick to the non-ASOIAF forums for the most part. This is a very friendly and intelligent community here, I have learned. I've never seen the show. I love Dany's story in the first books, it's one of my favorite story lines. I think you'll continue to like her as her story progresses, too.

Welcome @Targaryan Queen / Kat, and keep reading the books... for they are great stuff :)

Welcome @Jack Stern / Ryan...

My name's Ryan. I'm an American living with my Czech fiance in Massachusetts.

anywhere near Arkham, MA in Essex county, perchance? ;)