Introductions

Ran

Hy everyone, long time lurker here!

Big fan of the GoT books/universe as many other things in life, like women, food and drinks (yes, Tyrion as a character scores high with me :D), art, history, philosophy, sports (playing rather than watching),... I hope we'll all get along and have a blast while commenting/presenting theories from both books and show (though I got little good to say about the show lately :()

Cheers!

Hello!

My name is Bianka, and I'm quite new here . I've just begun reading the books...but I quite enjoy watching GoT... ;) Actually, it's a quite funny thing because it had to be my friends to force me to watch. They still say "You know nothing" though ;).

Personally, I'm a chemist, and a graduate student now. I enjoy drawing, reading books or sailing and doing silly stuff when I've some spare time (which is very rare :D).  Also, I love rock music.

It's a pleasure to meet all of you! :) 

Hey everyone,

Sorry, I didn't search for this thread when I signed up. I was a long-time viewer too. I really enjoy the theoretical conversations on the book topics on this forum. The layers you all are able to unpeel and connections you make to things that might otherwise seem like simple background or descriptive writing has given me a new love of the story.

I'm an MBA student, combat vet (US), world traveler when I am lucky. I love live music. I like to keep the tickets from the last music concert I was at in my wallet to always remind me of how long it's been since I've been to a show and motivate me to get to the next one. 

Edited by CalvoHobbo
typos

Hello everyone I'm Ser Beehan of House Beehan from the Isle of Tanatos (You'll have to do some research to find out where in the UK I'm from). Huge fan of the Show and Books currently reading the last 2 books :D well excited. I'm a keen Photographer, studying that. While typing this I should be doing my assignment :o Oh and I play Game of Thrones on CK2 when I can! 

Edited by SerBeehan

Mathchomaroon, fellow lovers of the Martin Masterpiece!

My name is Deja. I'm a Graphic Designer living in Hollyweird but I still carry the "Artesian & Evergreen" sigil for Olympia, WA and I'm just a big nerd who can't get enough of this alternate universe that is 'A Song of Ice and Fire.' Lets see.. I'm Jaime Lannister according to a 'Variety' character quiz and I'm in love with Ser Jorah "The Andal" hence my handle (Who isn't though?.. lest we be honest. I'm kind of in love with Jaime too to be frank. Freud would have a hay day! and I kinda have a thing for Tormund too since we're just letting it all hang out. Jesus Jones; this whole production is just one giant love affair with delectable snoots!) Anyhow, I've read all the books several times, yet I still find myself needing constant refreshers since the show leaves a lasting impression for a visual learner like myself. But, I have been researching all the back-stories for ages and I will continue to do so since there will be no shortage of history to consume any time soon. I've given facebook and most other social media the bird so I'm looking to you for some thoughtful conversation about our beloved Game of Thrones. 

And for a baby dose of semi-non-sequiturial garbage; I love dinosaurs, sharks, oddities, halloween, culinary wizardry, football, classic cars and Potterthons.

Nice t'meet ya!

Edited by Chiori ki Jorah

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.  I'm re-reading the books, and of course a fan of the series.  Bummed that Margaery got killed off as she was one of my favorite characters on the show; my favorite character in the books is Tyrion.  I enjoy other geeky faves such as Harry Potter, Star Wars, etc..  Also I'm into the performing arts especially ballet and opera, vegan nutrition/ culinary pursuits...  Working on DNP and trying to get certification in my desired specialty.  

Hi everyone,

I just joined, because I love all the theories people have about the GoT world and characters. I watch the show, I only managed to read the first book and hope that someday I will get organized enough to read all the other ones. There's nothing exciting about me, I'm a stay-at-home mom in a small town, working over the Internet at nights, no social life whatsoever. Hope to have many exciting discussions here.

Hi, everyone!

I've been a fan of GoT for a few years now, and recently decided to join this forum because I thought it would be fun to chat with other GoT fans. I'm also a Harry Potter nerd who enjoys listening to lots of music. 

I look forward to getting involved in many discussions and getting to know you guys! 

Hi I'm new. I've from time to time lurked on here over the years but I finally decided to join. Idk what it is but this season got me really interested in Game of Thrones and inspired me to join. 

The reason my username is "Princess Sansa" is because I wanted it to be "Queen Sansa," but that was already taken. :(

Hello all.

Been a fan of the series for a few years. Joined because I love reading about new theories and because I'd like to meet other fans. Other things about me... When I'm not at university I like to play video games, explore my city or just browse the internet until I fall asleep. Can't wait to meet you all.

Hi everyone, 

I have been a member here for a couple of years and while have been checking in every now and again I haven't posted for a while.  Thought I would re-introduce myself.  Book reader and show watcher.  Good to be back.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

big fan of the book series, not such a big fan of the TV show (I think they botched it, even though I started with the show). I like Dorne a lot, the North and many characters. I'm not such a huge fan of Jon and Dany, but I guess I'm the minority :D.

I have been browsing the forums for a while and decided to join to try to be part of the conversation.

I'm eager for TWOW but don't want to read the sample chapters yet. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

My name is Max, I'm 27 from Dortmund (Germany). To this day I haven't read the books but I will do so soon. Hopefully I'll meet some nice people here and have a few good conversations .. about ASOIAF and off-topic.

Feel free to correct me, if you find spelling- or grammar mistakes. It's been a while since I used my English. :)