Ran

Introductions

3,956 posts in this topic

I've had an account here for a couple of years now but it's been a long time since I logged in here. I finally decided to become active again in celebration of the new season, so here I am, making a comeback!

About myself: I think I was introduced to the series in 2011, first the show and later the books. I've been addicted ever since. I'm also a northener, born and bred. :)

Hi Everyone!

My name is Mark and ive been a fan of the TV show but i just got into the books!

Im still learning everything so I may sound dumb from time to time! Im excited to join this.

Welcome back @Aderyn and welcome @MarkHollywood to the forum.

Don't worry, after having read and learned and re-examined everything a dozen times, I still manage to sound dumb often enough. But look at the bright side! You'll certainly get extra credits here when we understand you tried hard :). No, joke aside, don't worry and enjoy.

Hi, I'm here because it doesn't seem possible to have a meaningful discussion in GoT's IMDb message board anymore.

Welcome @Barış Solmaz to the forum! Never tried IMDb for discussions myself.

eta: note this community and board is split in tv-show and books forums.
So unless you care for both: carefully stay in yours, if you do not want to be spoiled by the other.

Edited by Jon Weirgaryen

Hi, I'm Eloisa, 42, from California. I haven't read the books yet, but I love, love, love the TV show. GO KHALEESI! I play a MMPORG and on the fan forum it seems I was only one of two who loves GoT. I got lonely. Now, I found the place for me. :)

Hello,

I'm Domien, 27 from Belgium --> Flanders ---> Forum name ;)

First introduction with GOT was the series for me, got S01 for a Christmas present the year that S02 aired and was hooked after EP 1. Saw the series untill last episode from S06 obv.

Started with the books last year in May and finished the 1st one in the summer, then got to the 2nd but didnt find the time untill a couple of weeks ago. Started again with book 2 after S06 premier.

<3 GOT

Good tidings,

I joined up to discuss mostly the novels but the TV show as well. Finished the books a few years ago and I'm in the midst of a re-read currently. I chose this display name cause The Nightfort is one of my favorite locales in the series. Looking forward to good discussions! 

Edited by The Nightfort Ghost

Hello, World! 

I've been reading this forum for a quite long time, but just decided to join it now. I'm from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and started to read the books about 2011. I'm just here for the books, in fact, because i did not like the series really much.
Besides ASOIAF, I'm into RPG, tabletop games, series ( As any Orphan Black fan could tell by my forum name) and fantasy books in general.
I guess that's it, right? XD

Hi everyone, glad I found this forum!

I resisted watching Game of Thrones during the first several seasons, thinking I wouldn't like it (never liked Tolkien). I gave it a try and ended up loving it. I just bought the books the other day. Other than GoT, I enjoy history, law, writing, simple living, memes, and the beauty of life.

Edited by Cullen of House Swan

Hy everyone, long time lurker here!

Big fan of the GoT books/universe as many other things in life, like women, food and drinks (yes, Tyrion as a character scores high with me :D), art, history, philosophy, sports (playing rather than watching),... I hope we'll all get along and have a blast while commenting/presenting theories from both books and show (though I got little good to say about the show lately :()

Cheers!

Hello!

Just got my sign up approved and now am here. :)

Hope I'll be having a better stay here than the GoT groups on Facebook hehe

Hey. Longtime lurker. I've always enjoyed the discussion on here so I thought I'd sign up. Yeah....

Many years ago I was a member here with a high post count and a low membership number. Then I had twins and went away. I'm back after nearly a decade, but far more world weary and far less interested in political discussions.

Hello!

My name is Bianka, and I'm quite new here . I've just begun reading the books...but I quite enjoy watching GoT... ;) Actually, it's a quite funny thing because it had to be my friends to force me to watch. They still say "You know nothing" though ;).

Personally, I'm a chemist, and a graduate student now. I enjoy drawing, reading books or sailing and doing silly stuff when I've some spare time (which is very rare :D).  Also, I love rock music.

It's a pleasure to meet all of you! :) 

Hey everyone,

Sorry, I didn't search for this thread when I signed up. I was a long-time viewer too. I really enjoy the theoretical conversations on the book topics on this forum. The layers you all are able to unpeel and connections you make to things that might otherwise seem like simple background or descriptive writing has given me a new love of the story.

I'm an MBA student, combat vet (US), world traveler when I am lucky. I love live music. I like to keep the tickets from the last music concert I was at in my wallet to always remind me of how long it's been since I've been to a show and motivate me to get to the next one. 

Edited by CalvoHobbo
typos

Hello everyone I'm Ser Beehan of House Beehan from the Isle of Tanatos (You'll have to do some research to find out where in the UK I'm from). Huge fan of the Show and Books currently reading the last 2 books :D well excited. I'm a keen Photographer, studying that. While typing this I should be doing my assignment :o Oh and I play Game of Thrones on CK2 when I can! 

Edited by SerBeehan

Mathchomaroon, fellow lovers of the Martin Masterpiece!

My name is Deja. I'm a Graphic Designer living in Hollyweird but I still carry the "Artesian & Evergreen" sigil for Olympia, WA and I'm just a big nerd who can't get enough of this alternate universe that is 'A Song of Ice and Fire.' Lets see.. I'm Jaime Lannister according to a 'Variety' character quiz and I'm in love with Ser Jorah "The Andal" hence my handle (Who isn't though?.. lest we be honest. I'm kind of in love with Jaime too to be frank. Freud would have a hay day! and I kinda have a thing for Tormund too since we're just letting it all hang out. Jesus Jones; this whole production is just one giant love affair with delectable snoots!) Anyhow, I've read all the books several times, yet I still find myself needing constant refreshers since the show leaves a lasting impression for a visual learner like myself. But, I have been researching all the back-stories for ages and I will continue to do so since there will be no shortage of history to consume any time soon. I've given facebook and most other social media the bird so I'm looking to you for some thoughtful conversation about our beloved Game of Thrones. 

And for a baby dose of semi-non-sequiturial garbage; I love dinosaurs, sharks, oddities, halloween, culinary wizardry, football, classic cars and Potterthons.

Nice t'meet ya!

Edited by Chiori ki Jorah

Hi.  I'm re-reading the books, and of course a fan of the series.  Bummed that Margaery got killed off as she was one of my favorite characters on the show; my favorite character in the books is Tyrion.  I enjoy other geeky faves such as Harry Potter, Star Wars, etc..  Also I'm into the performing arts especially ballet and opera, vegan nutrition/ culinary pursuits...  Working on DNP and trying to get certification in my desired specialty.