Introductions

Ran

• 1 month later...

We're looking forward to having you all!

BTW, you've picked a funny time; much of the userbase aren't using their regular names due to the World Cup. Normalcy will return soon. ;)

• 2 months later...
On 6/21/2018 at 5:01 PM, Lucas_d_Aquina said:

Greetings!

I am a newly published fantasy author from Sweden, who still is curious for when Winds of Winter are going to come. ;) 

Welcome to Westeros! I wish you luck with your book. It must be an exciting and nerve wracking time for you.

On 8/22/2018 at 4:10 AM, davers said:

hey theree

Greetings!

For all who are new to this Forum I'd like to point out two things:

- there's a list of abbreviations thread that may be helpful in understanding some of the conversations that go on here. link below in my signature line.

- Forum Games hosts a number of different ASOIAF related contests. There's also TTTNE (The Thread That Never Ends) which is a years long running conversation that ends in a race to be poster #1000. That poster's reward is to start the next extension of TTTNE. Currently, it's TTTNE #473: An Obsession of Joshes.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/13/2018 at 2:29 PM, alostsister said:

Rytsas! Vali abri syri issi.  Kirimvose.

(I was a member of AFoIaF some time ago-at least 8 or 9 years ago- and I'm happy to be back! Just saying "Greetings" and <3 ya'll)

Welcome back! Some here (not me) have been around all those years since you were last on the site. A bunch of my friends over in TTTNE (The Thread That Never Ends - current thread here:

) have been posting on the regular those 8-9 years and then some.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Stars said:

Hi there,

I'm a reader of the Ice and Fire books and a fan of the HBO series.

Hi! Nice to have you on westeros!

I like to greet new people and tell them about the little corner of the site where I and some friends hang out. You'll find us in the games forum.

It has everything from fantasy football to the Elimination Game, and Outrageous Lies about the previous poster. Lots of silliness. And there's the thread that never ends (TTTNE) - essentially a long running conversation among friends. 

Edited by honeyed chicken

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Nótt said:

Hi everyone

I'm Maria - long time lurker, first time poster. Am somewhat timid, so I don't know how much I'll be posting as of yet. I'm a fan of the books, but not into the show anymore. 

Greetings!!! Nice to have you whether lurking or posting!

I'll copy what I wrote above.

I like to greet new people and tell them about the little corner of the site where I and some friends hang out. You'll find us in the games forum.

It has everything from fantasy football to the Elimination Game, and Outrageous Lies about the previous poster. Lots of silliness. And there's the thread that never ends (TTTNE) - essentially a long running conversation among friends. 

3 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

Greetings!!! Nice to have you whether lurking or posting!

I'll copy what I wrote above.

Thank you very much for your kind welcome!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Adaaam said:

Hi! 

I am a new member, love the books they are amazing, but the series could be better in my opinion. :D 

Welcome to Westeros, Adaaam! Most of the spammers i know here share your opinion and some aren't even that fond of the books, but just love the community they find here.

As a long time member of the games forum branch of this site let me invite you to join us in various ASOIAF related (and some not like fantasy football) games:

https://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/forum/18-forum-games/

and The Thread That Never Ends:

Hello everyone!

I'm Cali, and I am a huge fan of literature and world-building. I have finally decided to stop lurking and start posting, since I read ASOIAF back in 2006, but I have never taken part of forums of any kind before. Fire and Blood has really get me on the mood to read some good theories!

(Btw excuse my grammar and spelling... English is not my native language)

11 hours ago, Narsere said:

Hello everyone!

I'm Cali, and I am a huge fan of literature and world-building. I have finally decided to stop lurking and start posting, since I read ASOIAF back in 2006, but I have never taken part of forums of any kind before. Fire and Blood has really get me on the mood to read some good theories!

(Btw excuse my grammar and spelling... English is not my native language)

Welcome Cali! Your English is fine, and understandable. I apologize that I don't delve into the theories at all so can't help you find anything you haven't seen already while lurking. What I can do is point out the games forum pages - we're a pretty friendly community and easy to join through games.

There's even a tree decorating thread up now. Hope to see you there.

On 12/4/2018 at 8:24 AM, honeyed chicken said:

Welcome Cali! Your English is fine, and understandable. I apologize that I don't delve into the theories at all so can't help you find anything you haven't seen already while lurking. What I can do is point out the games forum pages - we're a pretty friendly community and easy to join through games.

There's even a tree decorating thread up now. Hope to see you there.

Thank you! I will definitely check out the games forum pages.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I am the new girl!  Glad to finally be here.  New to the series of books, and have not watched the tv series.  Actually, I have the first 5 books, but have not yet started reading them, so I had some trouble making an account here because they asked a question about what family  animal, or something like that for the Starks.

Had to look it up online while praying that I would not see spoilers of any kind!

Anyway, that's all for me, see ya around, hopefully!

PS: for some reason my avatar looks really blurry, but did not when I uploaded it to gravatar.  Gotta say, I don't really like using gravatar, but ok I guess...

Edited by Illythyrra Eldin