Introductions

Ran

Hi. I'm new to posting to this forum but I've been peeking in and reading here and there for months.

Mercenary Chef got me into the series of books and now like the rest of you, I'm biding my time til the fifth one comes out.

Cheers!

Welcome. I think i know who you are ;)

Glad you enjoyed the series. You should come chat!

Hi. I'm new to posting to this forum but I've been peeking in and reading here and there for months.

Mercenary Chef got me into the series of books and now like the rest of you, I'm biding my time til the fifth one comes out.

Cheers!

more canadian gals, eh? hurray!

hello all. my name is dave, i am also a toronto-ish native like phoenix above. i've been browsing the forum for a while, finished feast a few weeks ago. stoked to chat

my salutations to you all :)

Yay for Toronto-ish! I see that you're profile actually says from Guelph. Two of my best friends live there so I'm there pretty frequently. Nice place.

Hello!

I have been following the board for a very long time I registered right after the community switched boards but never got around to posting much so I'm making another try to get into it. Since I found out the boards are not just about the books I have been getting a lot of good advice in the literature and entertainment forums.

I'm going to try to make the effort to stop lurking especially since I had the chance to meet some of the members at Fincon.

I never post because someone always seems to have already said what I want to say..

That's why you have to get in to a thread early and express opinions with which no one is likely to agree. Also, pretend occasionally that you have a pet donkey who is smarter than you. Trust me.

Hi everyone, I've been a regular lurker on the board for about 3 years now, and been a member for about 2 under different names, so I thought it was about time for an intro. I'm from an obscure part of the UK though spend most of my time in Leeds now... oh, and I bloody love ASOIAF. Haven't contributed an awful lot, and I haven't even written anything in the ASOIAF subforums, pretty much been exclusively in general chatter and literature most of the time. Though that might change as I did spot what I think was an reference to Chaucer while re-reading ACOK the other day, so might have to add that to the homage thread...

Anyway, just glad to be a very small part of a great online community :)

Well, I say obscure, I'm actually smack-bang in the heart of England, it just seems that no-one I've ever come across has heard of Corby (or Northamptonshire for that matter - I do worry about people's sense of their own country's geography sometimes).

But yes, the name is Welsh, it's the from first tale in the medieval Welsh Mabinogion.

Oh, and also - thanks for the welcome!

Edited by Pwyll

<n00b Alert!> Hello Everyone! I am TheRedWoman (also known as Rachel) and joined a few days ago. My SO, Boiled Leather, has been on this board for years, and we have socialized with the BWB Norcal group for a while now. Since I have read all the ASOIAF books, and since I keep pestering Ser Boiled Leather with all my questions and theories, he suggested that I just get off my ass and join the board. So here I am!

I am a California girl who is trying to be an opera singer when not working at my corporate soul sucking day job (but hey, it pays well.) LOVE books, music, movies, TV, food, wine and all other forms of bohemianism (if that is a word.)

Glad to be here :cheers:

I decided to make an account here, after reading through the entire series 3 times since November '08, and starting to lurk in the forums because I WANT MOAR!!!

I'm a total book hound, I can usually take down a novel in a week barring any complications. When I found AGOT, I thought to myself "Where have you been all my life?" and proceeded to devour all 4 books within a month. After that, its just been an exercise in self control until I started re-reading them again.

I chose what I hope is an appropriate display name, a minor character that has some nice disturbing implications (And it wasn't taken, woot!)

Here's to hoping I can contribute some good stuff to the forum

Another long time lurker here.. this board has definitely saved me from boredom for the past few years! I mean is there really anything better to do during the day, than be here, while at work?? :P

I enjoy asoiaf, life, women, reading, sports, computer games, tv.. in that order! I'm quite safe to befriend, I only bite on second meetings ;)