Introductions

Ran

Good day fellow humans. My name is Harry, I'm 17 and I'm speaking to you from somewhere near Sydney, Australia.

I first read ASOIAF about 2 years ago and have been visiting these boards for ages, but just haven't been bothered to post anything -- until now that is.

I am nihilistic, pessimistic, anarchistic (gee, I sound positive and friendly don't I?)... and I need to go to bed. Good night.

Greetings. Name's Jennifer. Twenty years old. I hail from somewhere near the South, but thankfully not smack dab in the middle of it. First started reading the series when my dad handed them to me while I was still in highschool and now I'm rereading them for the FOURTH time while I wait for Dance (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA).

My favorite character in the series is the Hound, followed by the usual fan favorite: Tyrion. Davos too. And for some reason, Jorah Mormont.

btw Targ

Just realized there is an introduction thread. I am an Andrew, I live in lovely New England and I am 25. I first read Game of Thrones when I was a very young (12 or 13) and couldn't quite grasp it. Reread it when Storm of Swords came out and then twice more since Feast. Been waiting for Dance with the rest of you and eagerly eating up any fanmade scraps for game modifications. Looking forward to discussions with the rest of you!

Howdy folks! I've been lurking around here a good while. Having enjoyed a lot of the discussion about ASOIAF, the General Chatter nonsense, Literature, and Entertainment forums, I figured I would make a introduction.

I'm from Florida and started reading the books three or four years ago thanks to my brother recommending them to me.

I'm liberal, a dead-head, and something of a musician. The Sword of Truth threads in Literature are some of the funniest stuff I've seen on the internet.

Hello everybody, I am new to the site. I just finished my first re-read of ASOIAF and found it to be like reading a new set of books. I am pondering starting my first re-read of WOT, but I have found myself not wanting to because I am worried that I won't be able to read it because ASOIAF is so damn good that it has rendered all else unreadable...

I have been following Winter is Coming's website concerning the HBO series and can't decide if the show is a good thing or just a massive obstacle that guarantees that GRRM will perish before A Dream of Spring ever touches shelves...

Greetings all! I have just finished reading all four amazing books for the first time. Now I'm equal parts kicking myself for not picking up the series sooner, while also kicking myself for not waiting until it's been finished. I can already tell the wait for the next book is going to kill me, and I'm not sure how you veterans have managed to survive it. Anyway, great discussions going on in these forums. See you all around!

Greetings All!

As you can see I am Sejiea or Stef if you prefer, and yes I am a self confessed book geek!

I love all things fantasy and hence I had a invested interest for GRRM. I started the year with a challenge to read as much fantasy literature as I could and so after delving in and out fo various writers, I started reading ASOIAF in July. I am about to finish a Feast for Crows (which actually i'm taking a really long time to do as I dont want to have to wait for Dance) and needless to say I love the books and thought I would find some like minded people :)

I am at the ripe learned age of 22, and hale from Essex in England but I now reside in London where I read, write and potter around.

so yeah thats me.

x

Welcome Jon. Hope to hear more from you.

Well, without cluttering up the thread, I can tell you that my debut novel, Shadow's Son, will be coming out in June 2010.

You can find out more at my website www.jonsprunk.com.

Thanks for the welcome.

Edited by Jon Sprunk