Introductions

Ran

Hi all. I'm Robin. 33 years old Brit living (most of the time) in Southeast Texas. I'm a freelance web designer. Discovered ASOIAF when I was at university (hell...13 years for this series already!).

I'm also a big fan of SM Stirling's Emberverse series (recently discovered it). David Weber's Honorverse is my guilty pleasure (perhaps because I also love the old style 19th century Napoleonic naval novels like Hornblower, Richard Bolitho, etc). I think WoT is one of the most overrated fantasy series around.

Oh, I also pretend to be a vampire in The Camarilla's LARP chronicle. :)

Hi all. I'm Robin. 33 years old Brit living (most of the time) in Southeast Texas. I'm a freelance web designer. Discovered ASOIAF when I was at university (hell...13 years for this series already!).

I'm also a big fan of SM Stirling's Emberverse series (recently discovered it). David Weber's Honorverse is my guilty pleasure (perhaps because I also love the old style 19th century Napoleonic naval novels like Hornblower, Richard Bolitho, etc). I think WoT is one of the most overrated fantasy series around.

Oh, I also pretend to be a vampire in The Camarilla's LARP chronicle. :)

Well come (with some delay) as I have already read several of your post elswhere over the board (nice stuff).

BTW Why did you pick up the name which I must think twice before turn to (my) acronym?

Well come (with some delay) as I have already read several of your post elswhere over the board (nice stuff).

BTW Why did you pick up the name which I must think twice before turn to (my) acronym?

Thanks, I appreciate it. Really been enjoying the level of discussion on the board.

Name was actually a phrase used in some of White Wolf's vampire related roleplaying books. Since taken a life of its own, as it's my business name at www.fogofeternity.com, Twitter tag, and username on pretty much every internet service or messageboard I use. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

My name's Dulin (not actually but as this is the interwebz...)

Uh... I don't really know what to put here so I am going to load on the interests and random facts! =) Yay!

I'm seventeen and my dad recommended George R.R. Martin's books to me, and I in turn my friends.

I wrestle and play football.

Other books I like include Dune by Frank Herbert (I've read all the ones written by Frank but not his kid, I think they would be a great disappointment), the Otherland books by Tad Williams, The Lord of the Rings (of course), Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand, I like H.P. Lovecraft, I really enjoyed The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis...and that's pretty much my tops.

Television wise I am a fan of Adult Swim and Discovery really. Metalocalypse, Robot Chicken, Man vs. Wild, Family Guy, Cowboy Bebop, and Ghost in the Shell.

Video games.... F.E.A.R., Baldur's Gate (I and II), Dragon Age, Fallout 3, Doom 3.

Uhhh.....

Yeah.

Maybe to much?

Maybe to much?

Not at all. It was a bit before your time, but you really should go back and try Fallout 2 (it was one heck of a game!). Oh, and looking over your rather interesting list of favorites, I think that you might enjoy reading some of the works of Robert E. Howard.

Hello everyone!

I'm nadine, i'm clearly super new. I wish I'd known about this place sooner, I always like to discuss books I enjoy, particularly when they are becoming movies or tv series. Umm...I love TV and movies, I love to read, and I'm just finishing my second round of schooling (got a degree, decided i wanted to be in school forever, so I went back to college)

Hello everyone!

I'm nadine, i'm clearly super new. I wish I'd known about this place sooner, I always like to discuss books I enjoy, particularly when they are becoming movies or tv series. Umm...I love TV and movies, I love to read, and I'm just finishing my second round of schooling (got a degree, decided i wanted to be in school forever, so I went back to college)

Welcome to the board Nadine! I'm sure the old timers will have more to say than a nublet like me.

Hello!

I'm Joh. Picked up Game of Thrones a few months ago, now I'm hooked. Halfway through my second re-read of the series right now, and still enjoying it very much. I've been stalking this forum quietly for several months and very much enjoying the debates and discussions and wild crackpot theories. :) Figured it was time to join up.

I'm old (27) and I work too much. I have a two hour commute each way so I have a lot of time to read Sword and Sorcery novels and listen to heavy metal music on the bus. That's about as exciting as I get. :P

Edited by Winterborn

Hello!

I'm Joh. Picked up Game of Thrones a few months ago, now I'm hooked. Halfway through my second re-read of the series right now, and still enjoying it very much. I've been stalking this forum quietly for several months and very much enjoying the debates and discussions and wild crackpot theories. :) Figured it was time to join up.

I'm old (27) and I work too much. I have a two hour commute each way so I have a lot of time to read Sword and Sorcery novels and listen to heavy metal music on the bus. That's about as exciting as I get. :P

Heh, you're positively ancient. ;)

Otherwise, welcome!