Hugos V: E Paucibus Drama

felice

I meant all of those are kind of duh nominations that would have been nominated without puppies involvement.

That perception might explain why it got an award.  A nicer explanation might be that people exercised independent judgment and did not care whether or not it would have been nominated without the puppies, but merely whether it was any good.  

Chat with the Puppies in the broadcast was interesting... Just a ton of racist and anti-Semitic comments. There were a few regular people in the chat room as well. I hope that they move on next year after wasting their $40 this year. If some of them do stay, I hope they actually read the work they nominate.  

Chat with the Puppies in the broadcast was interesting... Just a ton of racist and anti-Semitic comments. There were a few regular people in the chat room as well. I hope that they move on next year after wasting their $40 this year. If some of them do stay, I hope they actually read the work they nominate.  

Screen cap that & pass it around, be interesting to see Breitbart and Milo defend that shit.

why would they bother defending it? They never bother doing so when they're antisemitic. That's their base. 

Well just looking on Twitter a lot of people don't seem to get that the Puppies weren't just anti-"Social Justice Warrior" or "pro free speech" but included a group of bigots nominating some outright bigots.

And that's not been any different than it's been for two years with gamergate and the like. At the end of the day it's a whole bunch of fucking bigots being bigots and justifying it to themselves under any number of bullshit agendas.

I'm not sure every person who supported Sad Puppies was simply a bigot, or even understood what was going on other than "something something fight SJWs!!!!!".

I think a few SF sites covering the rotten core of the Sad Puppies might help ensure their base is whittled down next year rather than enlarged.

I'm not sure every person who supported Sad Puppies was simply a bigot, or even understood what was going on other than "something something fight SJWs!!!!!".

I think a few SF sites covering the rotten core of the Sad Puppies might help ensure their base is whittled down next year rather than enlarged.

You're too optimistic. Humanity is crap.

Archived