BwB Get Together in Dublin

GoN

The key can be picked up any time between 4pm and 9pm on Thursday. Anybody still going to be sober at 4, or will I go in after work, collect it, and then meet you all someplace?

Other people are arriving in the airport at 5:30/6:00. They may want to drop stuff at the house before heading out...or you might be as fast.

Edited : because read previous post

Hey from Ireland and 120kph winds, nice.

Zak, is there anywhere in particular you want to meet?

Should be getting to Eustace Street area between twelve and half past. Meeting Place Square is right by the street.

Anyhoo post here and don't expect a reply as teh interweb is an unreliable nightmare here at the edge of Europe.

No broadband!!!!!

Paddy, Padraig... do either of you have access to sleeping bags and/or inflatable mattresses? I have a duvet and sheets that people can use, but it'd help to have someplace to put them....

Everybody - I have made no bed allocations because I am making no assumptions on who's willing to share with whom, or who's got back problems, or... ye can sort it out between yourselves! There are also places you can buy cheap (~10 euro) sleeping bags, or not-quite-as-cheap (~15 euro) air mattresses. As long as you're willing to do that (or to fight viciously to guarantee a bed, or get *really* cozy with everyone else, or sleep on the floor), there's no need to bring one with you. I would still recommend everyone bring their own towel if possible, though - there are only 7 in the house anyway

Pod, I demand that you do something about the weather. I've promised to wear red leather, and the forcasted rain isn't something that my red leather will enjoy.

What forecast are you going by? The ones I've checked mention some drizzle on Friday, other than that sunny or maybe partly cloudy.

Hey barry how about the ha'penny bridge inn by ... drum roll .... ha'penny bridge! I'll be in there from about 12-ish or so. We'll stay till at least 2pm (?) so all are welcome and that includes YOU lurkers reading this!!!!

Hey barry how about the ha'penny bridge inn by ... drum roll .... ha'penny bridge! I'll be in there from about 12-ish or so. We'll stay till at least 2pm (?) so all are welcome and that includes YOU lurkers reading this!!!!

Tomorrow, I should be able to join up with you guys for a while. I work very close to the Ha'Penny Bridge.

Odd thing is that, at the minute (i.e. this week) I've had to overlap working hours with a colleague who is over in Reno, so I've been getting in at ~2pm and going home at ~4am. Fun fun fun.

I'll have to see what time I finish at tonight, to figure out if it'll be before work or during lunch that I can meet you, but either way, I can meet up.

Edit: So how about getting lunch around then?

Am er...why did we pick Dublin in November? :unsure:

Well, I know I mentioned in chat that I could get really cheap airfare...

What forecast are you going by? The ones I've checked mention some drizzle on Friday, other than that sunny or maybe partly cloudy.

Checked weather.com this morning. Not the most accurate, but was too lazy to seek out something better. :)

Archived