Directors are casted.....

Ser Walter of AShwood

Source: http://www.ew.com/article.2015/06/23/Game-thrones-season-6-directors

Ep 1 & 2: Jeremy Podeswa

Ep 3 & 4: Daniel Sackheim

Ep 5 & 6: Jack Bender

Ep 7 & 8: Mark Mylod

Ep 9 & 10: Miguel Sapochnic

So what do we think of that? Now we know that the director who directed Hardhome in season 5 will be directing the final 2 episodes of season 6.

Anybody who thinks we're in for a new epic battle/climax for season 6?

That's a good thought. I have been wondering if this next season will start with book six or back track a bit with Brienne, Jaime, and/or Tyrion. If the show lines up with the book, though, that won't make sense. GRRM has stated the book opens with two battles, Mereen and in the snow.

I'm a little disappointed by this list. Where is Alex Graves? That guy is a ridiculous talent and responsible for Oberyn vs Mountain, Purple Wedding, Hound vs Dondarrion, Dany's taking of Astapor and siege of Mereen. Also, where is David Nutter? Responsible for the Red Wedding, and Pit of Daznak battle. Those two are just on a different level when it comes to fight scenes and action and making everything really coherent and easy to follow. The Battle of Hardhome was great, but still not on their level in my opinion as at times you lost a little bit of perspective of what was going on.

Mark Mylod did a really nice job on episodes 3 and 4 with only criticism being the Harpy fight at the end of season 4 which was below GoT standards in my opinion. In particular, loved the introduction of the interior of The House of Black and White in the beginning of episode 3 and also the shot of Brienne and Podric on a cliff overlooking Moat Cailin.

Jeremy Podeswa was really up and down in episodes 5 and 6, were some things I liked and some things I didn't like.

Disappointed Michael Slovis isn't back from last season, thought he did a really wonderful job on the first two episodes.

Alex Graves is an eminently accomplished TV director. To not hire him over one scene would be incredibly stupid and reflects the hypercritical nature of some fans. Although it perhaps explains why he's not willing to return, which sucks.

I'm unfamiliar with Sackheim and Bender. I like Podeswa generally, even if episode six was weak. Mylod was serviceable. Sapochnic was fine, though his action was too cutty at Hardhome.

I thought Michael Slovis was the most interesting director in season five. I've been hoping for years that Tim Van Patten would return, but alas, he seems busy elsewhere. I assume they'll try to get Neil Marshall back next year.

I'm a little disappointed by this list. Where is Alex Graves? That guy is a ridiculous talent and responsible for Oberyn vs Mountain, Purple Wedding, Hound vs Dondarrion, Dany's taking of Astapor and siege of Mereen. Also, where is David Nutter? Responsible for the Red Wedding, and Pit of Daznak battle. Those two are just on a different level when it comes to fight scenes and action and making everything really coherent and easy to follow. The Battle of Hardhome was great, but still not on their level in my opinion as at times you lost a little bit of perspective of what was going on.

Red Wedding is league of it's own,but you really can't compare this HH or Daznak's. Hardhome was better than Daznak Pit. Just saying.

I'm unfamiliar with Sackheim and Bender. I like Podeswa generally, even if episode six was weak. Mylod was serviceable. Sapochnic was fine, though his action was too cutty at Hardhome.

I thought Michael Slovis was the most interesting director in season five. I've been hoping for years that Tim Van Patten would return, but alas, he seems busy elsewhere. I assume they'll try to get Neil Marshall back next year.

Bender directed about half of Lost, including most of its finales, so I'm pretty excited he's coming onto GoT.

Archived