A Pregnant Sansa

For that to happen, the show would have to vault ahead about 16 months, which is unlikely.

With that said, I think there's an outside chance that Sansa could get pregnant and have the child all within the space of one book. GRRM said something at one point I believe about certain individual TWOW chapters covering larger blocks of time. If that's the case, the cumulative effect might be a big leap forward time-wise, which could easily cover an entire pregnancy.

I agree that Lysa's line about Sansa being free to remarry once Tyrion is executed is completely at odds with what happens in Season 5, but eh, the writers have made similar mistakes before.

It makes me wonder who is in actual charge of the storyline and if there is a fuck up with continuity, who is the top person to call that out and whom to chew out?

Flip a coin as to whether Sansa is pregnant or not. We know that they are casting 7 month old baby boy for the Winterfell/Northern area setting for next season, 6. Sam and Gilly are headed to Oldtown. That leaves Fat Walda most likely having the Bolton Boy but leaves the possibility, although, somewhat unlikely that Sansa has a baby.

They boy was not cast for the "Winterfell/Northern area setting", they want the kid for filming in Northern Ireland. They do interiors there for all of the settings.

It most likely is just Gilly's never-aging baby.

They boy was not cast for the "Winterfell/Northern area setting", they want the kid for filming in Northern Ireland. They do interiors there for all of the settings.

It most likely is just Gilly's never-aging baby.

LOL, that kid should be what? 1 1/2 and walking and talking by now. As long as they do not do that to Sansa as well, I will feel better but will never recover fully from season 5

Honestly I did pray to my gods that she should not get pregnant but that seems to be the most logical thing to happen. What will happen to her child is hard however hard to predict.

Sansa's arc has deviated completely from the books and hence we cant rely on GRRM anymore to come up with good plots but now it will be some writer paid by D&D.

I see following things happening:

- Sansa keeps the child which is heir to Winterfell as well as Dreadfort.

- Sansa probably brutally murders the child filling horror in the heart of even Ramsay

Honestly I did pray to my gods that she should not get pregnant but that seems to be the most logical thing to happen. What will happen to her child is hard however hard to predict.

Sansa's arc has deviated completely from the books and hence we cant rely on GRRM anymore to come up with good plots but now it will be some writer paid by D&D.

- Sansa probably brutally murders the child filling horror in the heart of even Ramsay

It's actually quite normal for women to murder children. It's one of the few areas of homicide were women outnumber men.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infanticide

They tend not be brutal methods but indirect: exposure, smothering, drowning, the most violent being bashing or filling the babies mouth with hot ashes... Which is a lot less common.

I would be most curious how a pregnancy and following decision would effect her mentally. If by chance Sansa comes up pregnant and it's obviously Ramsay's in the show, does she want to abort or kill the child Bc of it being raped conceived and how would killing her first and maybe only child effect her. Could she also just say hey no man has truly loved me and go full Lysa and just dedicate her entire existence to her child. I would lean toward the first but who knows anymore. Flip a coin and then just hope for a decent ending, which we all know does not seem to happen too often.

Well, since this is just about the dumbest possible plot development for Sansa, it will probably happen. That's the way the show goes these days.

It is certainly a possibility in the back of my mind but since the they took her so far out of her own chracter, how much time does her character have on the show anyway? I think she will be the next Stark to die if there is another to die.

When has the show ever stuck by the books? :ack: They've deviated from the books so much, they are only similar in names only.

They won't give a more or less main character a so very different story. If the pregnancy is carried to term having a living child or not is too much of a deviation, this would hardly count as ending the main characters where Martin will end them.

Don't mean to go too ob/gyn here, but if Sansa is pregnant, she'd better be pregnant right now, since there are only 2 seasons, 20 episodes left. Unless Westeros has different rules, she'll need nine months to deliver. Exceptions, premature baby or tragically, a miscarriage.

I hope the latter does not happen as I am a Sansa sympathizer as I feel she has suffered enough and hit rock bottom ((no pun intended, given her and Theon's leap of faith into the snow.))

So you will need how many episodes to have her realize she is pregnant and deliver? This is where screenwriters start to compress and fiddle around with timelines for stories--in the 9 months she is pregnant, what happens to everyone else on their timelines, hers??

And obviously she needs a safe haven to let nature take its course--fleeing from war, the Ramsay re-capture party, possibly Wildling,Walker types not the heathliest activity for a young mom to be.

If she is pregnant, with a healthy outcome by the Old Gods and the New, I can't see it unfolding in anything less than nearly a full season 6.

Does this take too long, put her out of the running for other drama possibilities?? Would be a better story for her to flee, survive, team up with Brienne/Podrick/Theon and form a little band to soldier on, and find out who her allies will be. The North looks pretty awful right now, the South no better for her.

Is the Vale the only option and how will she get there? "Run Sansa Run!!"

Tyrion's Double Axe, thanks, regards,

"From the Night's Watch Library....."

If the recent casting for older babies is anything to go by there may be a time gap in between 5 and 6 of several months. I think Gilly's baby may be starting to grow! :o

It's actually quite normal for women to murder children. It's one of the few areas of homicide were women outnumber men.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infanticide

They tend not be brutal methods but indirect: exposure, smothering, drowning, the most violent being bashing or filling the babies mouth with hot ashes... Which is a lot less common.

Its not normal for women to kill children. Any more than its normal for anyone to go out and murder folk.

If the recent casting for older babies is anything to go by there may be a time gap in between 5 and 6 of several months. I think Gilly's baby may be starting to grow! :o

I don't think there could be a time gap at all with all the cliffhangers. No way the season opens any place but where it left off in my opinion. Need to know what happens to Jon and Sansa and theon/reek.

I really hope she is not pregnant...I want her to finally grow some balls and be The Queen in the North!

Amen!

Walda's kid would also have to be knocked off.

Ramsay killed his half brother...he'll do it again.

I pray it is the latter. Ramsay is so vile.

I think she will be the next Stark to die if there is another to die.

I hope not. After all she's been through. If she doesn't reap some vengence I'll be so disappointed. I just can't stand the idea of anything else bad happening to her. After all this I hope she finds the Brotherhood Without Banners, Brienne and Pod, and Nymeria find her too and they score some much needed vengeance on Freys and Boltons twunts!

name="voodooqueen126" post="7170604" timestamp="1436005064" date="34 minutes ago"]

More like 30-50% of newborns in certain environments, and while eugenics is one reason (or more less a certainty if the child is defective in someway), population control is the leading cause (not like 30% of children have birth defects) as well as undervaluing women (if you read the wiki article you will find that female fetuses are disproportionately affected) .

Eugenics and population control are quite rational reasons, so infanticide is much more defensible than rape which is pure sadism. It's still murder, but rational arguments can be made, even if they do not persuade the conscience. I also kind of wonder if the postnatal depression that many women experience is nature's in built enabler for what was once a necessary evil to preserve the health and survival of the group.

I think Sansa will probably kill Robert Arryn in the books, or atleast fail to prevent his death, but the wretched child is made so unsympathetic that it wont necessarily be considered a moral event horizon by the reader.

But of course Ding and Dong would rather have a lot of women getting raped, rather than have sympathetic cannibals (Lord Manderly) and a woman killing a backward child (Catelyn kills Jinglebell in the book, not Joyeuse Frey likewise Robert Arryn seems reasonably healthy in the show)...

I think pregnancy is a possibility for Book Sansa, if she is reunited with Sandor (who will then promptly die defending her), then we can imagine a pregnancy resulting from such an encounter. This child will probably be raised by Tyrion (who would have a lower than average sperm count). Needless to say female desire seems to make Ding and Dong uncomfortable, which is why they ridicule it if the possibility comes up (when the fact that Sansa couldn't desire Tyrion in season 3 the show made certain to show her as ridiculous and silly). Otherwise women just use their sexuality in a transactional manner: Margaery Tyrell is just Pensatucky trading sex for bigger things than donuts and mountain dew.

So even if book Sansa does end up pregnant by a man she desires and fantasizes about, it would be very different from the show: Book Sansa would naturally favour her half dark, 6"9, heavy featured child more than she would her half little Lannister children.

Where as Show Sansa, who will never go down the insecticidal path, no matter how dramatic it is, will probably barely tolerate her Bolton baby and will prefer her half little Lannister children. Who will be winning the race for their mothers affection because the competition will be the spawn of the worst moment in their mother's life.</strong>

You post is so full of twisted stuff that I won't go into detail and simply state that your approach to children, handicapped people, human rights and motherhood is completely incompatible with mine. And thank you for teaching me but I have a master's degree in economics focusing on population and social politics under the viewpoint of women.

- So murder for eugenic reasons is - in application of post stone age morality - more defensible than rape? Good that you know your priorities.

- No problem, Jinglebells was only "backwards", who cares, not that Martin wanted to show a moral dilemma here....... Back to eugenics.

- postnatal depression is a serious problem, the women concerned should get all the help possible and not hear that their child is a "threat to the health and survival of the group".

- according to Wiki the reproductive functions of those with achondroplasia are normal, so there is no reason to believe that Tyrion has "a lower sperm count"

- why should anyone prefer a child for the reason that he or she is 6 ft 9 ?? Remember, stone age is over.

Your post would be fun if it weren't so sad.

I do not think Sansa will get pregnant in the show if she does not get pregnant in the books.

I think unlike the show, Sansa's virginity is a plot point in the books. Therefore, she most likely won't get pregnant, and since George has confirmed no rape, then most likely nothing like the show.

You are right, I have wondered about that too since Sansa is still married to Tyrion. And Baelish, if he can't reach Tyrion to kill him, would go for an annullment based on non-consummation.

The point is not virginity itself since a secret rape or secret sex could always be hidden by a wise woman restoring the hymen with foolproof medical competence. Done a million times all over the world. And aborting e.g. Harry's or Baelish's baby could be oganized by the same midwife as well.

The plot problem is that Sansa now officially and without mistake is no virgin anymore in the show and non consummation cannot be proved. And since absent Tyrion cannot be asked to kindly confirm the non consummation Sansa's hymen would be needed. Except that it isn't.

So far the show does its best to forget about her being married to Tyrion, the rumor of non consummation seems to be enough as proof. What would be the purpose of real or faked virginity in that case?

Archived