A Pregnant Sansa

Prediction: Sansa will not be pregnant in the show.  GoT main characters have too much story to carry and we are nearing the end of this rich tale. According to some spoilers and images I have seen, it looks like Sansa will be in the thick of things.  Being pregnant by a bastard husband is a story of and in itself. There is no room left for it and it is not needed.   

It is interesting that the PTB made the statement that they have made changes to Season 6 because of the broohaha over Sansa's wedding and rape. What those changes might be weren't discussed, but perhaps they have eased up on Sansa and will allow her and Theon to make it to Castle Black and Jon Snow without Ramsey catching her again.

I don't see her as pregnant, but do feel there are supporters in the North who would take her in and protect her from the Bolton's for no other reason than just to flaunt their actions. With Arya in Braavos, Bran becoming the Three Eyed Raven, and Rickon still MIA, once the Bolton's are routed, she becomes the Stark in Winterfell. 

It is interesting that the PTB made the statement that they have made changes to Season 6 because of the broohaha over Sansa's wedding and rape. What those changes might be weren't discussed, but perhaps they have eased up on Sansa and will allow her and Theon to make it to Castle Black and Jon Snow without Ramsey catching her again.

I don't see her as pregnant, but do feel there are supporters in the North who would take her in and protect her from the Bolton's for no other reason than just to flaunt their actions. With Arya in Braavos, Bran becoming the Three Eyed Raven, and Rickon still MIA, once the Bolton's are routed, she becomes the Stark in Winterfell. 

I don't think she'll be pregnant either, I personally hope she becomes the Stark in Winterfell.......... but I hope the hound comes back so he can be with her 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, TheKnightOfJests said:

Sooooooooo uh.......... There's new season 6 pics, and a few people think Sansa looks pregnant in them. I personally think she might be in 1 of them cause it looks like she's got a bit of a bump, but the others not really.

Anyone want to give their opinion on them?

I compared them to the pictures from last season. The bump is the same for me. 

The one where she's looking into the camera is the only one that looks like a bump to me, but I think it's probably just the wind on her dress. I feel we would have seen or heard more types of news regarding if she was or wasn't (more hinting from the casts probably) I doubt she is, but when one looks up "Sansa season 6" and the first thing is pregnancy speculation it makes one wonder. lol

There is one underlying theme I am seeing after reading through this entire thread regarding the details behind not just the validity of Sansa's marriages but the validity of her child being a true-born heir. A lot of you have mentioned things like, Sansa having a Bolton child is going to be political poison, but not just for the fact that the North hates the Boltons and "The North Remembers." Sansa says to Ramsay on their walk along the battlements that a child by Walda and Roose will have a stronger claim than Ramsay, despite him being legitimized. She then goes on to say that Ramsay has been legitimized/naturalized by a bastard and is walking on thin ice in general because it is a royal decree set up by another bastard and we all have seen kings fall just as quickly as they rise, etc.

Anyway, the reason as to why I think this is very important to take note of is not for what is being said necessarily, but to point out that Dan and Dave are not looking for compelling reasons to stick to Westerosi politics, they flat-out wrote that Sansa's marriage to Tyrion was invalid due to non-consummation. This makes you wonder then, "Why in the world would Sansa goad on her short-tempered and cruel aggressor by pointing out all of these flaws in their marriage and potential heirs if there was not some sort of basis behind them?"

Which leads into....Whether she is truly pregnant or not. She may be pregnant but even if she has the baby, this baby will not be an heir to the Dreadfort, it will not be an heir to Winterfell, and it will be nothing more than another Snow if you follow the cherry picking of what is valid in this new version of Sansa's story. There was no thought given to Sansa's story deviation in Season 5, and even if a pregnancy develops out of what happened, it will be cast aside in the exact same manner as her marriage to Tyrion.

Just my thoughts on this subject, given what we have to look to.

(Also, I do not know if this is off-topic or not, but I would love some clarification on this if somebody is more knowledgeable or has a better source/perspective than I do. Aren't the Houses in Westeros divided up the way they are because they are all of different importance? Meaning, the Starks, Lannisters, Arryns, Baratheons, Martells, Boltons, Freys, Greyjoys and Tyrells are Great Houses and so the women marrying into those families take on the new last name and seat but may retain their maiden name if their family was more prestigious or had the support of other Great Houses as bannermen, but marrying into a lower House would mean that no matter the gender(male or female) they take on the last name of the greater House always? Is this also why she is referred to as Lady Stark still rather than Lady Bolton, or is this just another plot inconsistency? They do make it a point for Sansa to reflect on becoming Sansa Lannister in the books, so I just find it very confusing.)

9 minutes ago, Creepy Doll said:

There is one underlying theme I am seeing after reading through this entire thread regarding the details behind not just the validity of Sansa's marriages but the validity of her child being a true-born heir. A lot of you have mentioned things like, Sansa having a Bolton child is going to be political poison, but not just for the fact that the North hates the Boltons and "The North Remembers." Sansa says to Ramsay on their walk along the battlements that a child by Walda and Roose will have a stronger claim than Ramsay, despite him being legitimized. She then goes on to say that Ramsay has been legitimized/naturalized by a bastard and is walking on thin ice in general because it is a royal decree set up by another bastard and we all have seen kings fall just as quickly as they rise, etc.

Anyway, the reason as to why I think this is very important to take note of is not for what is being said necessarily, but to point out that Dan and Dave are not looking for compelling reasons to stick to Westerosi politics, they flat-out wrote that Sansa's marriage to Tyrion was invalid due to non-consummation. This makes you wonder then, "Why in the world would Sansa goad on her short-tempered and cruel aggressor by pointing out all of these flaws in their marriage and potential heirs if there was not some sort of basis behind them?"

Which leads into....Whether she is truly pregnant or not. She may be pregnant but even if she has the baby, this baby will not be an heir to the Dreadfort, it will not be an heir to Winterfell, and it will be nothing more than another Snow if you follow the cherry picking of what is valid in this new version of Sansa's story. There was no thought given to Sansa's story deviation in Season 5, and even if a pregnancy develops out of what happened, it will be cast aside in the exact same manner as her marriage to Tyrion.

Just my thoughts on this subject, given what we have to look to.

(Also, I do not know if this is off-topic or not, but I would love some clarification on this if somebody is more knowledgeable or has a better source/perspective than I do. Aren't the Houses in Westeros divided up the way they are because they are all of different importance? Meaning, the Starks, Lannisters, Arryns, Baratheons, Martells, Boltons, Freys, Greyjoys and Tyrells are Great Houses and so the women marrying into those families take on the new last name and seat but may retain their maiden name if their family was more prestigious or had the support of other Great Houses as bannermen, but marrying into a lower House would mean that no matter the gender(male or female) they take on the last name of the greater House always? Is this also why she is referred to as Lady Stark still rather than Lady Bolton, or is this just another plot inconsistency? They do make it a point for Sansa to reflect on becoming Sansa Lannister in the books, so I just find it very confusing.)

interesting post bro.

the boltons and freys are not great houses bro yeah they usurped it but they weren't ruling like thousands of years like lannisters,starks,arrys etc regarding your other question i think a great house woman marrrying a lower house man wont change her name.

for proof a lannister king (gerold lannister i think ) had a daughter for a heir. an andal knight married her and took the name of lannister to continue their legacy since they are great houses. currently the starks are exiled and the bolton usurped their throne so they are a great house now but to lay claim to winterfell they need a stark so sansa stark.  also ur statement of if sansa is pregnant then her child is nothing more than a snow is wrong look in the about brandon the daughterless. it contains information regarding that topic

On 2/15/2016 at 6:38 PM, victorie said:

I compared them to the pictures from last season. The bump is the same for me. 

I think this as well. Sophie looks like a normal girl who actually has a stomach that hasn't been corseted or photo shopped out of existence. Just because she has a stomach isn't any reason to freak out and start calling her pregnant.

Archived