If just one could survive, whom would you choose - Dany or Jon?

rayarts

There is a lot of questions around:

Who is the savior, who is Azor Ahai, who is TPTWP?

Is Jon both Fire and Ice or is Jon Ice and Dany Fire to that?

Who will save Westeros and defeat the Others?

I am not sure on that point, but IF it were just one of them to survive the War with the Others,

whom would I choose?

I tend nowadays more towards Jon, just because he is, well, more of an understatement when

it comes to being THE hero, whilst Dany is Danaerys Stormborn, Queen of the Andals, Khaleesi of

the Grasslands, Mother of dragons, Breaker of Chains, Queen of Bla bla bla....

And I would actually like a twist in her grandiosity and character - if she is going more Targ-crazy now,

that would be fine for me.

So - if I could choose, I would choose Jon "just a bastard" Snow

Definitely Jon. He fights for the best of the realm, Daenerys fights for nothing.

She fight to free slaves

I'd save Jon. I like him more Daenerys and he deserves it more than her. He wants the best for everyone, she causes the deaths of thousands just because she thinks that she has some claim on a throne.

She hasn't killed anyone for the throne yet.

Dany will not fight the Others. Jon is the one true hero. Dany will die in childbirth.

I'd save Jon. I like him more Daenerys and he deserves it more than her. He wants the best for everyone, she causes the deaths of thousands just because she thinks that she has some claim on a throne.

Definitely Jon. He fights for the best of the realm, Daenerys fights for nothing.

Jon seems to want the best for the realm and actively pursues that, so I'd pick him even if he's not particularly exciting.

:agree: . Beloved Saint Dany the Immaculate is a boss motivated by vanity and personal glory, Jon is an altruistic fighter and leader. There is really no question. Is like asking "Do you choose someone who wants to bring "FUUURRREEE UUUNNNNDDD BLUUUUDDD" over innocent people in order to rule or someone who will fight for your wellbeing endangering himself?" There is no question.

Jon (although I think he will ultimately die).

Once the Others have been pushed back, the dragons needs to die out once more. They are too much of a risk to humankind themselves, and Dany is nothing without dragons.

Dany.

I like Jon of course, but he will be a changed man after his resurrection. I saw someone on here claim the author has said 'Jon has some dark roads to take' and I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

Which isn't a bad thing of course, Jon becoming more morally grey will make him a more interesting character. Like Dany.

Beloved Saint Dany the Immaculate is a boss motivated by vanity and personal glory, Jon is an altruistic fighter and leader. There is really no question.

Dany is motivated by her desire to help people and to do right by here family

or someone who will fight for your wellbeing endangering himself?"

Change the pronoun and you are describing Dany

Archived