If just one could survive, whom would you choose - Dany or Jon?

rayarts

Dany. If Jon saves the day and survives then it will be the biggest Sue story in the books. 

right now if you watch  the show but its seems like dany is the biggest mary sue that girl never get hurt since season 1 and each season contains a glorifed dany scene on the books its pretty clear that GRRM protect that character a lot its funny because jon should be the most boring character because he is too hero-like but not at all he take hit he get betrayed,he lose sometimes,he is not aragorn (and no aragorn is not boring it was a exemple) 

Difficult question.

Up until FFCDWD I was actually quite invested in Danerys storyline until arc fatigue caused me to lose interest and pray for someone to tie her to the mast of the next ship bound for Westeros. I don't want to go through another chapter of audiences, bathing and oogling Darrio. I'm also not a big fan of her tolling out collective punishments.

Jon on the other hand....I don't give a damn about the Night's Watch so I only ever was invested for the brief time he joined the Wildlngsm hoping against hope that he'd just desert hat glorified border patrol (sadly he didn't) but I thought that his time as Lord COmmander was definitely better than his previous chapters. and that he is a smart and forward thinking leader (too bad his people are complete idiots)

The question is however, whom I would rather see survive the War for the Dawn. By that time, I hope, both Jon's and Daenerys' arcs will be resolved so I...don't really care and say Aegon.

Dany. If Jon saves the day and survives then it will be the biggest Sue story in the books. 

right now if you watch  the show but its seems like dany is the biggest mary sue that girl never get hurt since season 1 and each season contains a glorifed dany scene on the books its pretty clear that GRRM protect that character a lot its funny because jon should be the most boring character because he is too hero-like but not at all he take hit he get betrayed,he lose sometimes,he is not aragorn (and no aragorn is not boring it was a exemple) 

I feel they are going in opposite directions. I think Dany began as an over the top hero but will descend into some sort of madness and/ or end up dying. Whilst I feel that Jon is going to rise as a hero (which I personally am not a fan of) and with the inevitable reveal of R+L=J and his inevitable resurrection, its all a bit much for me. 

dude its still a fantasy what are you hoping for that everyones dies?GRRM said that the ending will be like the lord of the rings "bittersweet" what martin try to show us is that some people think they are doing the thing while they make horrible thing he try to show us there is no absolutly good and bad people but ITS STILL a fantasy there will still be a hero at the end and big victory agains the bad side but with a cost

this.

I have a huge antipathy for Jon, so I won't discuss Dany vs Jon. but what I can honestly say is that Jon Snow being the great savior and king in the end would be the biggest cliché in literature. the bastard who is secretly royal, who has a special white direwolve, who was killed by his own men but resurrected as Azor Ahai... come on, that could be from a Rosamunde Pilcher story.

I am talking about the books here. I don't care what they do with the characters in the show. 

I am surprised not to see the usual defence "he is stabbed" when someone calls him a Sue. There is a greater chance that the stab death actually helps him rather than damage him.

dude its still a fantasy what are you hoping for that everyones dies?GRRM said that the ending will be like the lord of the rings "bittersweet" what martin try to show us is that some people think they are doing the thing while they make horrible thing he try to show us there is no absolutly good and bad people but ITS STILL a fantasy there will still be a hero at the end and big victory agains the bad side but with a cost

I know it's fantasy, but Jon being resurrected, wielding a magical sword, having a dire wolf he can warg into, saving the world against the others, being the secret heir to the throne, AAR and whatever is just too much for my personal tastes. I guess others like that stuff though, which is also fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, this just wouldn't be good to me  :dunno:

Since it is about the war of the others, and not right now (in which case I prefer neither to die) I don't really care. I like Jon more, but this isn't a game that the character wins with surviving, something about how you win or you die, it's about entertaining me with the best storyline. It's up to GRRM. My current expectations is for both to not survive the story. So, I don't care who survives, in fact I might even prefer for both to die.

Dany certainly isn't a Mary Sue. The Show is not the book series, and the Show portrays her as being a good deal harsher and more arrogant than the books do.

In the books, she's neither a saint nor a monster.

Jon keeps his hands cleaner than she does, but he faces less agonising moral choices.

Archived