Jon Snow's Resurrection Mechanic

VoteTyrion

Hi,

First time posting, so be gentle with me :laugh: .

I was thinking about the whole Beric Dondarrion multiple resurrection and Jon being a Warg mechanic, and stumbled across the idea that what if, Jon Snow's coming back to life would be a combination of his warging abilities and Melissandre making a plea to the lord of light at some point.

What we have already theorized about so far:

• Jon Snow was the Prince that was promised and his is the song of Ice and Fire
  • R+L=J ===> Ice + Fire = Jon
  • Melissandre wondering if Jon might be who she was meant to guide in the North
  • Jon is indeed Azor Ahai reborn, and capable of killing the creatures of darkness ("wights and others" im assuming.)

Here is where I went rogue.
-Jon's last words were "Ghost"- we have theorized that it is possible that Jon warged himself to fuse with ghost.

-Melissandre is capable of resurrecting Jon, but he will be a completely different person, as seen in beric dondarrion who was a charming and laughing southron knight but

over a few deaths became less and less of his old self.

I am wondering the plausibility of Jon's identity and Soul being imprinted on ghost where he is essentially "safe" from the other side, while Mel would bring his body back from death.

After which, Jon's soul i.e the part of Jon that does retain his identity and memories will simply skin change or warg back into his original body. This way he will be a full complete person,

as he was before and doesnt lose himself to the void like dondarrion and lady stoneheart have done. Maybe this could actually tick the boxes for him being Azor Ahai "Reborn"? Essentially, the lord of light is "fire" so maybe that could contribute to his song of ice and fire?

What do you think? Does this theory sound plausible?

Valar Morghulis,
V.T

Hi,

First time posting, so be gentle with me :laugh: .

I was thinking about the whole Beric Dondarrion multiple resurrection and Jon being a Warg mechanic, and stumbled across the idea that what if, Jon Snow's coming back to life would be a combination of his warging abilities and Melissandre making a plea to the lord of light at some point.

What we have already theorized about so far:

• Jon Snow was the Prince that was promised and his is the song of Ice and Fire
  • R+L=J ===> Ice + Fire = Jon
  • Melissandre wondering if Jon might be who she was meant to guide in the North
  • Jon is indeed Azor Ahai reborn, and capable of killing the creatures of darkness ("wights and others" im assuming.)

Here is where I went rogue.

-Jon's last words were "Ghost"- we have theorized that it is possible that Jon warged himself to fuse with ghost.

-Melissandre is capable of resurrecting Jon, but he will be a completely different person, as seen in beric dondarrion who was a charming and laughing southron knight but

over a few deaths became less and less of his old self.

I am wondering the plausibility of Jon's identity and Soul being imprinted on ghost where he is essentially "safe" from the other side, while Mel would bring his body back from death.

After which, Jon's soul i.e the part of Jon that does retain his identity and memories will simply skin change or warg back into his original body. This way he will be a full complete person,

as he was before and doesnt lose himself to the void like dondarrion and lady stoneheart have done. Maybe this could actually tick the boxes for him being Azor Ahai "Reborn"? Essentially, the lord of light is "fire" so maybe that could contribute to his song of ice and fire?

What do you think? Does this theory sound plausible?

Valar Morghulis,

V.T

I don't know. It sounds like a theory with bases on more theories (it takes them as truth, even when their own bases are not that strong either) and, in the end, it makes a confusing declaration. Could you delevop it more?

Even if Jon indeed comes back the way you said, it makes no sense to claim he is the Azor Ahai (or prince that was promised, as you also finds bases on the opinion of both are one and the same).

Bro, god bless you for being a fan, but you've totally confused me. When you say "the other side", you mean The Other's side or death itself...?

And you're saying that his body would be resurrected before his soul rejoins it...? That would be something to see, a Jon with as much charm as Drogo before Daenerys kills him...

ColdJon recipe

How to create a Coldhands type being in 5 easy steps:

1. get a warg

note: see step 4.3 for possible additional requirements to select the right warg

2. kill the warg

note 1: for best effect select a killing method that doesn't damage the body heavily,

be sure to store the body in a cold environment (eg: ice cells in the Wall) to avoid rotting

note 2: separate the warg from its animal for the time of killing as the animal needs to stay alive

3. resurrect the wargs body as a wight

note: you will need the assistance of a white walker for this step, feel free to destroy the Wall if needed

4. get the warg's body and the animal (containing the wargs soul) in one place

note: this step must be done in a timeframe that allows to avoid the merging of the warg's and its animal's mind

as this recipe is untested, there are 3 choices how to proceed, depending on the nature of control the walkers use on wights:

4.a: if the wights are just „programmed” at their resurrection (eg: kill everything with warm blood, kill the commander of the Night's Watch, etc) and left alone after, the warg can conviniently re-enter its own body

4.b: the warg must regain control of his body by fighting and besting the controlling walker's will (much like what Waramyr tried in aDwDs prologue, only against an Other)

4.c: same as above, but the warg needs outside magical assistance to succeed

note: in case of 4.c. please select a warg with a half-brother that has recently gained almost god-like magic powers and has an ancient sorceror as a tutor

for added effect provide a human sacrifice to the powers that said half-brother controls (the sacrificed human should have king's blood for an even greater effect)

5. your immortal, not Others-cotrolled, self concious being wth intact memory is ready to use

Bro, god bless you for being a fan, but you've totally confused me. When you say "the other side", you mean The Other's side or death itself...?

And you're saying that his body would be resurrected before his soul rejoins it...? That would be something to see, a Jon with as much charm as Drogo before Daenerys kills him...

LOl i mean the other side as in from death. actually thats where i sort of got it from, with khal drogo being a hollow shell without a soul, but jon's soul is already in ghost so he might just go "yep body is all primed up.. lets make like Will Smith and switch"

I don't know. It sounds like a theory with bases on more theories (it takes them as truth, even when their own bases are not that strong either) and, in the end, it makes a confusing declaration. Could you delevop it more?

Even if Jon indeed comes back the way you said, it makes no sense to claim he is the Azor Ahai (or prince that was promised, as you also finds bases on the opinion of both are one and the same).

You're right, it is more of a hypothesis than a theory. I just thought that this would likely be possible due to Ghost being around jon when he died and mel not being that far away? Why wouldnt it make sense to claim hes azor ahai, i mean.. he would in a sense be reborn right?

ColdJon recipe

1. get a warg

note: see step 4.3 for possible additional requirements to select the right warg

2. kill the warg

note 1: for best effect select a killing method that doesn't damage the body heavily,

be sure to store the body in a cold environment (eg: ice cells in the Wall) to avoid rotting

note 2: separate the warg from its animal for the time of killing as the animal needs to stay alive

note: you will need the assistance of a white walker for this step, feel free to destroy the Wall if needed

note: this step must be done in a timeframe that allows to avoid the merging of the warg's and its animal's mind

as this recipe is untested, there are 3 choices how to proceed, depending on the nature of control the walkers use on wights:

4.a: if the wights are just programmed at their resurrection (eg: kill everything with warm blood, kill the commander of the Night's Watch, etc) and left alone after, the warg can conviniently re-enter its own body

4.b: the warg must regain control of his body by fighting and besting the controlling walker's will (much like what Waramyr tried in aDwDs prologue, only against an Other)

note: in case of 4.c. please select a warg with a half-brother that has recently gained almost god-like magic powers and has an ancient sorceror as a tutor

for added effect provide a human sacrifice to the powers that said half-brother controls (the sacrificed human should have king's blood for an even greater effect)

5. your immortal, not Others-cotrolled, self concious being wth intact memory is ready to use

Hahaha, 10/10 would make.

What Vote is trying to say is coming out wrong.

How to Make the New and Improved Beric Dondarrion

1. Find a Warg

a. Best results with a close relationship being the Warg and the animal

2. Have a Priest/Priestess of R'hollor at the ready

a. Additionally being a sorcerer will help reassure results

3. Kill the Warg

a. Make sure to keep all the Warg's animals away from the scene, lest they attempt to defend or die for their master

b. Treacherous bastards will maintain the assassination with zeal

c. The Warg will then adhere to his 'Second Life' within the animal he is most attached to

4. Resurrect the Warg's Body

a. This is where the priest/priestess comes in handy

b. Mindless, vegetative state similar to Khal Drogo's condition may occur

5. Morph the Animal Warg Back Into Its Original Body

a. Having the animal see the body will guarantee a successful return

Presto! You now have yourself a resurrected Warg without any of the unwhole side effects pertained by Lord Beric or Lady Stoneheart!

Note: An animal-like tendency make occur within the returned human, we withhold no responsibility for any of these or other side effects, such as death

Hahaha, 10/10 would make.

What Vote is trying to say is coming out wrong.

How to Make the New and Improved Beric Dondarrion

1. Find a Warg

a. Best results with a close relationship being the Warg and the animal

2. Have a Priest/Priestess of R'hollor at the ready

a. Additionally being a sorcerer will help reassure results

3. Kill the Warg

a. Make sure to keep all the Warg's animals away from the scene, lest they attempt to defend or die for their master

b. Treacherous bastards will maintain the assassination with zeal

c. The Warg will then adhere to his 'Second Life' within the animal he is most attached to

4. Resurrect the Warg's Body

a. This is where the priest/priestess comes in handy

b. Mindless, vegetative state similar to Khal Drogo's condition may occur

5. Morph the Animal Warg Back Into Its Original Body

a. Having the animal see the body will guarantee a successful return

Presto! You now have yourself a resurrected Warg without any of the unwhole side effects pertained by Lord Beric or Lady Stoneheart!

Note: An animal-like tendency make occur within the returned human, we withhold no responsibility for any of these or other side effects, such as death

note 2: Returned human might exhibit a previously absent partiality towards rare meat. Particularly if the beast he warged into is a known predator.

Essentially this is it! Thats what I was thinking would happen... logically atleast?

Maybe he will be changed, if these events don't occur.

So then Jon would be undead but still a hero. After all, Coldhands helps Bran but he admits his heart is stopped...

Jon would go on but he wouldn't be an other. I don't know how this would happen tho, the exact process.

Coldhands never mentions his origins in the books that I know of...

Jon would go on but he wouldn't be an other. I don't know how this would happen tho, the exact process.

Coldhands never mentions his origins in the books that I know of...

In terms of ultimate destiny, surely Jon's is not to become undead and guard the north at the wall? His story arc keeps progressing into something fantastic and destined for greatness.. it seems GRRM went to a lot of lengths to try and develop his story to just end him at mutiny. No it seems like a waste for him to be undead.. He should be alive.. maybe have a role to play when dany eventually lands in westeros.

Melissandre is capable of resurrecting Jon, but he will be a completely different person, as seen in beric dondarrion who was a charming and laughing southron knight but

over a few deaths became less and less of his old self

there is zero evidence of Mel being able to resurrect. Thoros, so far, is the only one who can. And we are still not sure if the power was/is with Thoros, or Beric, as Beric is the one who resurrected Cat Stark.

one could guess the "ability" was passed to Cat after Beric gave up his force for hers.

i am interested to see what happens when Thoros is faced with death again, did he know beforehand of this ability which would certainly give him an advantage in tourneys and would have given him the balls to be first over the wall at Pyke?

• 3 weeks later...

ColdJon recipe

1. get a warg

2. kill the warg

4.a: if the wights are just programmed at their resurrection (eg: kill everything with warm blood, kill the commander of the Night's Watch, etc) and left alone after, the warg can conviniently re-enter its own body

I'd say this is where the George is headed, + or - a few things

5. your immortal WHILE IT STAYS IN A COLD AND/OR MAGIC ENVIRONMENT, not Others-cotrolled, self concious being wth intact memory is ready to use

I agree with Sodd's post, with the capital letters part as a proposed addiction.

Archived