Sandor Clegane

Wow, never noticed. You are correct and that is a totally odd change I've never heard anyone mention before, but to be fair I've only been on the boards a few years so maybe this came up when the character was first introduced.

As much as I like the show I hate it. I keep it separate from the books. Like the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings movies. No one looked liked I pictured them AT ALL. But to swap sides was one of the biggest disappointments.

Nice catch, congratulation! That said, it is something I totally don't care :). If we only had differences like that.

The fact that I keep it completely separate then the books should be enough to tell that you that D & D made a lot of upsetting changes. Why something like the Sandor's face stood out to me most I do not know, but it was one of the most noticeable to me. Now that the seasons over it's back to rereading as well as re-watching everything a few times before the next season.

other people have brought this up before, but ya, never had an explanation for switching sides. i figured it probably had to do with his eyesight. the guy who plays the hound actually did fall down the side of a mountain in real life (it came up a lot after season 4 when people kept saying theres no way the hound character could survive the fall). one of his injuries was he fractured his skull so the makeup for his burns might have gotten in the way of his view. or his eyesight might be fine and they simply messed up filming season 1. i dont know, but thats my best guess.

Well, there is also the belief that the left side of the face is generally more expressive than the right one (because it's controlled by the right side of the brain, which is responsible for emotional reactions), which is also why the left side of one's face tends to look better than the right one. (The latter is certainly true in my case.)

I noticed it in Seas4 but I don't think it matters that much, the Hound is still the Hound and Rory McCann portrays him pretty correctly.

Still, there must be some valid reason why the "wrong" side is burned or maybe it was just a mistake the first time and the just kept it like this for consistency.

But D&D have done mistakes much worse than this.

As some have mentioned it's probably a technicality like back before season 1 they tried to give Emilia and Harry Valyrian purple eyes, but the

contact lens did not work. mainly because they photographed badly.

Must admit they seem to do some kind of thing with Emilia's eyes, lighting or CGI? ... to make them look kind of purple-like.

Archived