Bakker XXXVII: One Big Happy Fanimry

.H.

The cavalry officer not remembering Esmenet seems suspiciously like Achamian's half-remembered sex scene with Serwe, or the other things that Kellhus made people do under his control.  Now, there is no evidence that Seswatha can do this to Mandate sorcerers, but we've had a good bit of theorizing here about various "Seswatha is behind it all" speculation.  I was just theorizing that he might be able to do such a thing to a mandate sorcerer (any of them would do, probably not an important one) to impregnate Esmenet and provide another piece in his grand puzzle. 

Gotcha, I was just a bit confused to who you was talking about.

Or what if they started birthing the sranc.  The sranc weren't modeled after the Nonmen...they were actually corrupted Nonmen children.  So it was a wombeplague of sorts; just different than what we've been told.  So the male Nonmen had to exterminate the females to stop the spread of sranc which failed anyway.  I am not endorsing this; just a good horrible thought of the day.

Don't think that works, as the weapon races were ready to go when the nonmen fought the Inchies as part of the womb plague. It's possible that that was another source of the sranc.

Note that if that was true, it would tie a couple of odd things together that we were noticing - the qirri and the 'we have to eat sranc' part of the Great Ordeal. 

Another point:
Kellhus gives me a Prometheus vibe, with the gods and their sorcery = damnation crap.

Gives me the feeling that the gods are egomaniac assholes who just want to show who is the boss. Like how dare those vermin humans use powers which are for the gods only! The audacity! Damn you humans!

While Prometheus gave the humans the divine fire, Kellhus "gave" the humans sorcery (without eternal damnation). Of course Prometheus was of divine origin himself and overall great while Kellhuss is an asshole and just a pretender (or maybe not).

But both gave the gods a big "fuck you" which is cool. Yes, the more I think about it, the more I come to the conclusion that Kellhus is the Stalin Prometheus ;).

By the way: I have to thank those longtime users here because due to you I started the books :). I read some old threads (2007+) in the past couple of weeks and its very interesting to see the development of theories and perception of the story.

The thought struck Cnaiür that Dûnyain monks might be even more inhuman than he had thought. What if things such as truth and meaning had no meaning for them? What if all they did was move and move, like something reptilian, snaking through circumstance after circumstance, consuming soul after soul for the sake of consumption alone? The thought made his scalp prickle.

Someone quoted this same passage awhile back. I just came to this part on my reread and it was highlighted on my kindle. During this whole exchange between Kellhus and Cnaüir, all Cnaüir keeps remarking on is how inhuman the Dûnyain are. That there is a hidden face behind the face you see. I know there not skin spies, but it so reminiscent of the description of one though.

Don't think that works, as the weapon races were ready to go when the nonmen fought the Inchies as part of the womb plague. It's possible that that was another source of the sranc.

I suppose that the inchoroi could have been experimenting on and refining the womb plague on captured nonman women...enough to have bred enough sranc to breed into the first horde. I'm not sure if I buy the womb plague as the source of the sranc and other weapon races, but if it is true, it can be that the sranc born from the womb-plague were not the first sranc ever, and the womb-plague was not the first application of that sort of tekne. The womb-plague could be the widespread dissemination of a previously-secret program to create the weapon races. I suppose that if true, without their male kin around to kill them, there could still be immortal non-women captive in Golgotteroth, still producing sranc...

(EDIT: my original grammar was atrocious and incomprehensible.)

Someone quoted this same passage awhile back. I just came to this part on my reread and it was highlighted on my kindle. During this whole exchange between Kellhus and Cnaüir, all Cnaüir keeps remarking on is how inhuman the Dûnyain are. That there is a hidden face behind the face you see. I know there not skin spies, but it so reminiscent of the description of one though.

Dunyain and skin spies two sides of the same coin. Merely useful easily direct able powerful servants for the consult and the ??? leaderships controlling said servants. Is kellhus different from the thing called istriya? No, other than kellhus delusions of autonomy, the skin spy knows it is a servant, the Dunyain cannot contemplate their own enslavement.

In other words, Dunyain is the guy who starts a sentence "I'm not racist, but..." which is a clear indicator of someone unable to contemplate nor acknowledge their own racism.

That'd make some sense, and was something close to what I was thinking - that the womb plague produced sranc but not all of them. Plus sranc breed pretty damn fast, so you only need a few experiments to make it work. 

The Dunyain feminine are non-men women or sranc women I bet.

There's a theory.  Somehow all Nonmen women were lost to Cunoroi society but a small number lived and became involved in the Dunyain breeding project.  They only mate with men and produce defectives for experiments and Dunyain like the Pragma and Moe and Kellhus. 

I thought there was some hint of the seduction of a nonman woman by a human in past history and that that may have been eventually passed along the kings line (until it reached his bastard son...and 2000 years latter Kell floss appears?)

Gets to the point where these threads need a wiki.

I thought there was some hint of the seduction of a nonman woman by a human in past history and that that may have been eventually passed along the kings line (until it reached his bastard son...and 2000 years latter Kell floss appears?)

Gets to the point where these threads need a wiki.

Yes, the first Anasûrimbor:

The Kûniüric period proper did not begin until 1408, when Anasûrimbor Nanor-Ukkerja I, exploiting the confusion surrounding the collapse of the Scintya Empire, seized the Ur-Throne in Trysë, declaring himself the first High King of Kûniüri. Over the course of his long life (he lived to the age of 178, the reputed result of the Nonman blood in his veins), Nanor-Ukkerja I extended Kûniüri to the Yimelati Mountains in the north, to the westernmost coasts of the Cerish Sea in the east, to Sakarpus in the south, and to the Demua Mountains in the west.

Archived