Bakker XXXVII: One Big Happy Fanimry

.H.

We don't know how genealogy works in Earwa, I wouldn't be surprised if Nonman blood could hold true and Kellhus was actually half Nonman. There is also the difference in the physical strength of the Dunyain as opposed to other humans. Remember when Maithanet is surprised on how easily he can kill Inrilatus and comments on his "soft bones" which I always took as Inrilatus not having inherited the correct traits.

The whole selective breeding program combined with the fact the First Anasurimbor was half nonman and we have no other exaplmes of mixed heritage just seems too fishy not to have greater relevance.

I always think Kellhus inability to live in the present was a counterpoint to the Nonmans temporal cognitive dissonance and their ability to perceive time properly (hence the multi form 2d art).

Lol @ Solo

Kellhus having a face similar enough to his ancestor of thousands of years ago that Mek can remember it seems suspect to me. Throw in the curiously absent Nonwomen and Dunyain feminine and I suspect something not "normal" about Kellhus production/ancestry.

Axolotl, it is known. Also speaking of Mimi's father, there is two people in the series where Bakker keeps going on about how much they resemble their dad/mom, Kellhus and Mimara. Kellhus because he was born in a tank, and Mimara because, like I said before, immaculate conception. The two represent opposite sides of a spectrum btw.

Lol @ Solo

Kellhus having a face similar enough to his ancestor of thousands of years ago that Mek can remember it seems suspect to me. Throw in the curiously absent Nonwomen and Dunyain feminine and I suspect something not "normal" about Kellhus production/ancestry.

Or did Mek recognize him from having met Moe thirty years earlier?

Mimara is Aurangs offspring, thus the skinspy protection. Even if she isn't, She is a ticking time.bomb who will become.the no-God with a JE, closing the watcher-watched circuit giving the no-God self-awareness and agency. She is the true Heron Spear and will ultimately destroy, disenchanted or doom Earwa.

Mimara is Aurangs offspring, thus the skinspy protection. Even if she isn't, She is a ticking time.bomb who will become.the no-God with a JE, closing the watcher-watched circuit giving the no-God self-awareness and agency. She is the true Heron Spear and will ultimately destroy, disenchanted or doom Earwa.

Hey, I can't tell if your joking or not........but you just can't say no to it. Hell, I really like the bit about closing the watcher-watched circuit.

When I first read PON, especially all the atrocities committed in the Holy War (see Joktha or Carascand as example), when I read about all the atrocities committed in the Unification Wars in the AE books, I asked myself: why should this CRAPSACK world actually be saved? Why should I "root" for humanity at all, for the Great Ordeal?

There are surely a few beacons of sanity (Ajencis) but even people like Proyas who are ok on a personal level are systemic enablers of this crapsack world.

The matter of systemic chattle slavery is almost never mentioned in the 50 or so Bakker threads since 2007 (call me insane but I am reading them all, now up to 2014), a slavery which seems as brutal as what we see in Essos, and look what controversial discussions THAT causes on the board ;). But Bakkerworld is so crapsack that this is rendered almost a nuissance, a minor issue ;).

And Kellhus, no matter if he really has a "greater good" target, is an asshole bigger than Leto 2 (who at least still had feelings).

No, after seeing what the "Holy" War did to the Fanim who were slaughtered without any mercy, I almost hope that the No-God erradicates Earwa.

NOTHING what the Consult did is any worse than what we have seen by the Holy War, only the scale is different but from a "objective moral" pov? Erase them all. A failed social experiment, Earwa, with asshole gods.

At this point I see the Gods as the true antagonists of the series, so I'm rooting for the Consult. The Inchoroi, and their alliance with Men and Nonmen, are more tragic figures when viewed in the bigger picture. They are obnoxiously evil by human standards, but ultimately their atrocities seem quaint when the implication is that of an entire universe filled with ensouled creatures bound (probably unknowingly) to eternal suffering beyond all comprehension. 

Archived