New Wiki Editors

Linda

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, nice to meet you all! I'm new to the forums, but have been reading the wiki since I started reading ASoIaF and watching the show around the start of summer. I'm an English grad student, and in my undergrad years I studied stuff like history and politics. Once I'm done getting a wiki account set up I intend on contributing to articles like Daeron II and Maegor I. This will be some fun training since I'll be tutoring next semester lol. Look forward to helping!

• 1 month later...

Hello! I've gotten really deep into ASOIAF over the past few months, and I'm hoping to be able to join the Wiki for editing (mostly just minor grammatical mistakes and typos I've noticed while browsing, at least at first). It was suggested I introduce myself here before requesting to join the wiki, so...here I am!

• 2 months later...

Hi there, I've really wanted to edit some articles in the wiki for a time now, especially concercing heraldic nomenclature. I've really gotten into the books and the show since last year or so. I'm currently a med student in Germany although I'm from Luxembourg and some of my hobbies include scuba diving and playing music with my instruments, piano and euphonium. I'm also quite active in my catholic fraternity here in Bonn. I hope I get to make some good edits in the wiki ;-)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

At the moment we are unable to setup new accounts as we have not found a good approach for doing so after we upgraded to IPB 4 and the plugin which gave automatic access to the wiki for board members broke.

We are looking for ways to solve this, but we have not found one as of yet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello,

my name is Togi and I would like to add the last 2 episodes of season 5 here: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Portal:TV_Show
Reason is that I'm currently working for a machine learning/data science university project and we use several wikis to scrape our data and put them into a DB. End goal is that we want to introduce nice dashboard statistics over GoT characters, episodes, but also political maps of regions, continents and much more.

Best regards from Germany

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I‘m the sysop of Chinese Wiki of Ice and Fire >url: asoiaf.huiji.wiki(formerly zh.asoiaf.wikia)<

quite familiar with ASOIAF and mediawiki editing. I'd like to offer help with adding ZH interwik links on the westros wiki page. (found problems logging in with this very account). hope to make some contributions :)

P.S :the url link of Chinese wiki on the main page is still the old one(wikia)  as the interwiki links of ZH has been changed to the new one already so i wonder if you can help us fix this ,thanks a lot!

Best regards from China

Hello, I am Widowmaker94 and I have only been reading for a relatively short time. Reading the main book series, I mean. I'm more interested in Pre-Series stuff, however. One of my contributions to the Wiki will be the addition of a picture I commissioned. This along with going through and fixing typos where I see them.

I'm not great with grammar. But I'm good at spelling and sifting through lots of information quickly to pick out problems.

Hi folks! After I finished reading AFfC & ADwD in June 2014, about a year after starting AGoT (admittedly, GoT on TV got me started), I was still so enchanted by the world that I had to read all I could (Rogue Prince, Dance of the Dragons, Dunk & Egg...) and with GoT back on TV my fandom is rejuvenated! Obviously AWoIaF is the place to come for info, but being a Wikipedian (11 years and 70k edits!) I did automatically want to correct the few typos I see, and make any more substantial contributions as I can.

So, erm, hi!