How to Get a Wiki Account

Linda

EDITED:

This thread has been superseded by a new method of requesting an account, via a forum that only users who are qualified to receive an account can see. The minimum qualification to be able to edit the wiki is to have 5 or more posts on the forum.

Thank you for reporting this issue! We have now sorted it out, we believe, and anyone who has tried registering before should try again. :)

so now i have to wait for a new email? because when i click the link(old one), i still get ''Invalid confirmation code. The code may have expired.''

so I tried requesting another account, to which i got, Sorry, you have already requested 1 account. You cannot make any more requests.

Afraid I don't see any request from you in the database, so I don't know why that message is happening. Only thing I can think of is that you may have a cookie saying you've requested, in which case my suggestion is to go into your browser settings and delete all cookies labelled as connected to awoiaf.westeros.org, then try your request again.

Afraid I don't see any request from you in the database, so I don't know why that message is happening. Only thing I can think of is that you may have a cookie saying you've requested, in which case my suggestion is to go into your browser settings and delete all cookies labelled as connected to awoiaf.westeros.org, then try your request again.

did as you asked, but got this again Sorry, you have already requested 1 account. You cannot make any more requests.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For anyone waiting on their wiki registration to be approved, apologies about the delay. It has become clear too us that this way of doing it is much too work-intensive and not sustainable. We will have to consider what other options exist, but the manual approval in its current form is not useable as it  takes too long to check  that someone is indeed a member of the forum and has the required three posts. It also seems most people register without reading the instructions and thus we spend a lot of time denying accounts.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived