Season 6 Foreshadowing...

LatrineDiggerBrian

Mirror flame ! Season-4,episode-10 "The children" when Jon and the NW are burning the dead after the battle with Mance Rayder's army at CB you see a quick exchange of stares as Jon looks at the flames While Melissandre is simultaneously looking at her flames and sees only Jon staring back. I can't help but think this is a good foreshadow of things yet to occur at CB . This whole episode really served well in making both Bran and Jon seen quite special .

Mirror flame ! Season-4,episode-10 "The children" when Jon and the NW are burning the dead after the battle with Mance Rayder's army at CB you see a quick exchange of stares as Jon looks at the flames While Melissandre is simultaneously looking at her flames and sees only Jon staring back. I can't help but think this is a good foreshadow of things yet to occur at CB . This whole episode really served well in making both Bran and Jon seen quite special .

You have me curious so I'm re watching now to see this. :cool4:

It's actually more like Jon and Melissandre staring at each other across the flames, not into the flames. They are very much focused on one another. Mel most especially is intent on Jon. Clarice did say in an interview that we had seen her character "clock" Jon through the season and I think this is what she means. She senses something about him she just doesn't know what that is yet.

Probably because she forgot the first rule of flame reading. Take the emotion out of it- don't apply your personal preference. Everyone knows this, Mel!!

Just from Season 5?

In the last season of course Maggy the Frog prophecy to Cersei (gold will be their crowns and gold their shrouds) foreshadows death of Myrcella and Tommen.

Sam's "Jon always comes back" and Mel's return to Castle Black after all her interesting comments about Jon and I even think the meaningful staring contest Night King had with Jon as he resurrected his undead army as well as Maester Aemon's repeat of "Kill the boy and let the man be born" all point to Jon's rebirth.

There were actually more discussions about Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark than there have been since season 1, including some crypt time 1: Barristan Selmy and Dany, Little Finger and Sansa etc. Which leads me to hope my favorite theory is going to be addressed next season.

I also think the old lady who said "The North Remembers", even though she died quickly of Bolton flaying without really accomplishing anything, was a foreshadowing of the Northern houses rising up to aid the Starks or defeat the Boltons in 6.

Jaime's look at Tarth--hoping it means Brienne reunion.

Good points.I also strongly believe that the stare down between Nights King and Jon Snow was a sign of the 2 leaders discovering each other maybe even for the second time perhaps ? Couple that with my favorite overlooked scene from season-4 , episode-10 when Jon and Melissandre are staring at each other through the flames with Jon at the funeral pyre at CB and Mel trying to see the Lord but only Jon Snow ! Do we get to see Ghost's eyes light up while Longclaw catches fire and becomes Lightbringer ?)

You have me curious so I'm re watching now to see this. :cool4:

It's actually more like Jon and Melissandre staring at each other across the flames, not into the flames. They are very much focused on one another. Mel most especially is intent on Jon. Clarice did say in an interview that we had seen her character "clock" Jon through the season and I think this is what she means. She senses something about him she just doesn't know what that is yet.

Probably because she forgot the first rule of flame reading. Take the emotion out of it- don't apply your personal preference. Everyone knows this, Mel!!

Her interest in Jon is probably the only thing she ever read even close to well in the flames . She is drawn to him and after what she saw Thoros of Myr do with Beric Dondarrion for the 6th time she knows enough to pull off something actually magical finally . Can't wait to see how it all plays out ! Brans totally gonna warg a dragon or maybe even physically use Tyrions saddle design on 1 ? Interesting note for today is that HBO's "In Memorium" collection released recently is missing Cat Stark ? Intersting omission there along with Jon Snow it only serves the resurrection angle to be saved for season 6 along with BWB & Jaime and Brienne the Riverlands appear to be on track.

Ungregor wasting Tommen at some point is an interesting notion. I really think him against Lancel would be even more epic tho...

Lancel has bulked up a lot since season 3. I wonder if it is for A Game of Thrones and something he may have to do to make it look better? Anyways, Ungregor should seemingly be unbeatable but he has not fought anybody in his zombified state as of yet so he is unproven.

• 2 weeks later...
Just watched the last episode of season 5.

The whole Dorne scene made me think Bronne is in the know of the poisoning plan and would feed your theory of him turning his back on Jaimie.

I believe Bronne is indebted to the sand snakes for giving him the antidote and would pay a high price for switching sides. Bronne always is motivated by the coin, etc. so I don't think this seems far fetched.

My theory is the boat sails for Mereen with Bronne in the know to deliver Jaimie to Dany.

Just watched the last episode of season 5.

The whole Dorne scene made me think Bronne is in the know of the poisoning plan and would feed your theory of him turning his back on Jaimie.

I believe Bronne is indebted to the sand snakes for giving him the antidote and would pay a high price for switching sides. Bronne always is motivated by the coin, etc. so I don't think this seems far fetched.

My theory is the boat sails for Mereen with Bronne in the know to deliver Jaimie to Dany.

Bronn is not the sort of person who would feel "indebted" to anyone, and the Sand Snakes don't have any money.

Archived