Season 6 Foreshadowing...

LatrineDiggerBrian

It is possible, that is how Bran and Rickon, Osha, the Direwolves, Meera and Jojen got out. 

Getting out is not getting in.  Moreover, they escaped the Ironborn, who didn't have enough men to adequately garrison the place.

How about the House of the Undying Scene in season 2 episode 10?

Dany enters the King's Landing throne room and "Snow" is covering it (it's also in ruins).  Then before she can touch the throne, she heads through the tunnel of the Wall and there meets her dead husband and child.

It seems Dany will return to Westeros to find it destroyed by ice (ie White Walkers), and will head north of the wall to face it, and ultimately die there with "Snow" left on the Iron Throne in the end.

No way is Jon coming back as another actor entirely. We know Kit has been filming at least three weeks that tells you it won't be happening and he's clearly doing more than just a funeral scene.

maybe he comes back in a platnium wig.

How about the House of the Undying Scene in season 2 episode 10?

Dany enters the King's Landing throne room and "Snow" is covering it (it's also in ruins).  Then before she can touch the throne, she heads through the tunnel of the Wall and there meets her dead husband and child.

It seems Dany will return to Westeros to find it destroyed by ice (ie White Walkers), and will head north of the wall to face it, and ultimately die there with "Snow" left on the Iron Throne in the end.

:agree: I think that scene is more symbolic than people give it credit for and potentially more spoilery than the book counterpart.  

maybe he comes back in a platnium wig.

Nah, they love his black curls too much for that.

If you've watched the show over and over like I have, you start to notice that David and Dan like to do a lot of foreshadowing. Sometimes it's in the form of dialogue ("size doesn't matter when you're flat on your back" and "People die at their dinner tables. They die in their beds. They die squatting over their chamber pots.") or in the form of future plot set-up (Stannis mention of Randyll Tarley as well as all the talk of greyscale early on in the season). My question for you guys is, what have you noticed that could lead to clues about season 6? I can think of a lot of things (apologies if some of these have been talked about already as I'm new to the board):

Samwell's line "Jon always comes back in the end".

This is the one obviously everyone is talking about and possibly could hint to a Jon return in the last season?

The red priest in Volantis sort of looking in wonderment at Tyrion

What was that?

Ramsey's casual mention of Jon Snow to Sansa, "Bastards can rise high in the world. Like your half brother Jon Snow. Born the bastard of Winterfell, now the Lord Commander of the Nights Watch"

This stuck out to me because it was kind of out of the blue. I wonder if it was purposely written to remind that audience that Sansa's half brother is at the wall so if Theon and Sansa decide to head that way at the beginning of season 6 it makes a little more sense. 

On the ship ride to Dorne, the ships captain points out to Jaime that they've just passed the island of Tarth

This was interesting. Will a potential Jaime and Brienne reunion occur? Or possible that Brienne and Pod find Sansa and bring her back to Tarth? Or some other character winds up at Tarth?

Jaime to Bronn while on the ship ride to Dorne: "He murdered my father. If I ever see him, I'll split him in two. And then I'll give him your regards."

Setting up a possible not so pleasant future confrontation between Jaime and Tyrion?

Jaime and Bronn conversation about how they want to die: "What about you? What shit way would you choose?" "In my own keep, drinking my own wine, watching my son gravel from a fortune."

This could just be some throw away dialogue, but for some reason it really stuck out to me. Is a horrible death in the works for Bronn?

Jaime being a constant asshole to Bronn in Dorne and on the way to Dorne

This could just be the characterization of their relationship, but at certain points David and Dan seem to almost go out of their way to show this. A short scene of Bronn rowing the row boat at night and Jaime looking at him like "sorry can't help you". Then Jaime telling Bronn to bury the bodies of the dead Dornish border patrol (which seemed like a totally unnecessary add on to the scene). There are other examples of this throughout the Dorne plot line as well. I'm wondering, is pointing to the fact that Bronn could eventually turn on Jaime?

Cersei's line at the end of season 4 in reference to Tommen: "You'll fight over him and tear him to pieces"

Probably just a throw away line, but for some reason this stuck out to me. As I pointed out above Dave and Dan like to purposely foreshadow some stuff hidden in dialogue. Could this be referring to Zombie Mountain going nuts and destroying Tommen?

Dany's line to Hizdahr zo Loraq in the Pit of Daznak: "One day your great city will return to the dirt as well." "At your command?" "If need be?"

Does Mereen get obliterated by Dany? Or if not by her, someone or something else?

Sansa in the Crypts of Winterfell picking up the feather left by Robert on Lyanna's statue

In the "Previously on Game of Thrones" before the episode they flashed back to the pilot when Robert puts a feather on the statue of Lyanna. I believe Sansa picks the feather up in the episode. Could just be nothing, maybe it's something Bran touches later on to get flash backs to Robert's Rebellion. 

That's all I got for now. I think there really are plenty of clues of what's to come if we look closely. As mentioned, Stannis' reference to Randyll Tarley was a prime example of this. What else is there?

Watch episode 2, or maybe 3 I can't remember. It's in season 1, and it's one of the biggest scenes for theories in the series.

When Ned is talking to Jon on the horses just before Jon's departure to the wall, when Jon asks about his mother, the camera spans to Benjin Stark , then back to Ned....

I've never seen anyone comment on this, but, it seems like a subtle hint that Benjin either knows the truth, is part of it, or had a big role to play in Jon's parentage.

Thoughts?

Getting out is not getting in.  Moreover, they escaped the Ironborn, who didn't have enough men to adequately garrison the place.

A battle was just fought, there is slight confussion and or celebration. The showrunners also forgot to place guards outside Sansa's room after the wedding so oversights can pop up on the show. logic sometimes can be swept asside. This show tends to have a problem with that.

A battle was just fought, there is slight confussion and or celebration. The showrunners also forgot to place guards outside Sansa's room after the wedding so oversights can pop up on the show. logic sometimes can be swept asside. This show tends to have a problem with that.

All of Winterfell was on lock down so you don't need two guards outside the door. I mean, she did have to jump off the embankments to escape it's not like she walked out of the front gates. The logic worked out fine.

All of Winterfell was on lock down so you don't need two guards outside the door. I mean, she did have to jump off the embankments to escape it's not like she walked out of the front gates. The logic worked out fine.

All I am saying is if the writers want her to double back into the crypts to wait for Littlefinger if she does not think she can make it away on foot, then she will do that. I doubt that will happen but it is at minimum a slight chance.

All I am saying is if the writers want her to double back into the crypts to wait for Littlefinger if she does not think she can make it away on foot, then she will do that. I doubt that will happen but it is at minimum a slight chance.

She doesn't know Littlefinger is coming back with an army.

the foreshadowing of R+L = J and now some are saying Meera may be Jon's Twin but there is no foreshadowing that one. However, the foreshadowing for a flashback is there. I am anticipating one, maybe first scene as the only flashback in the first 5 seasons was beginning of last year.

Archived