Mads Mikkelsen is a long shot for Euron...

ViniciusMJ

Pirate, man in his 40’s to late 50’s. He’s “an infamous pirate who has terrorized seas all around the world. Cunning, ruthless, with a touch of madness.” He’s a dangerous-looking man. A very good part this season.

Seems like the part isn't that small^^

They said the same thing when casting Mance and see what happened

Euron's S6 arc is mostly from Winds, so we don't know how big or small he part it really is.

But we know he probably will not be as big as Tyrion, Dany or Jon, which were less important than Ned in Season 1. My point is: Mads would be interested if Euron became THE major character, like Ned in Season 1. But that does not seem plausible. Of course, I could be wrong and he accepts it just because he is a fan of the show or whatever. But I don't think that will be the case.

Pirate, man in his 40’s to late 50’s. He’s “an infamous pirate who has terrorized seas all around the world. Cunning, ruthless, with a touch of madness.” He’s a dangerous-looking man. A very good part this season.

Seems like the part isn't that small^^

Oberyn, for example, could be described as "a very good part this season". And eventually he had less screentime than Littlefinger (which was not wrong for the show IMO).

But we know he probably will not be as big as Tyrion, Dany or Jon, which were less important than Ned in Season 1. My point is: Mads would be interested if Euron became THE major character, like Ned in Season 1. But that does not seem plausible. Of course, I could be wrong and he accepts it just because he is a fan of the show or whatever. But I don't think that will be the case.

Oberyn, for example, could be described as "a very good part this season". And eventually he had less screentime than Littlefinger (which was not wrong for the show IMO).

Jonathan Pryce and Charles Dance scenes weren't as large as Tyrion, Dany or Jon's either but they still went through.

Even if they aren't on the same scale as a Sean Bean, I reckon actors are willing to compromise given the scale of the show

Jonathan Pryce and Charles Dance scenes weren't as large as Tyrion, Dany or Jon's either but they still went through.

Even if they aren't on the same scale as a Sean Bean, I reckon actors are willing to compromise given the scale of the show

Maybe. But Pryce and Dance are not in the same league with Mads. He won prizes and critical acclaim for being Hannibal, I think some 40 minutes role (which would be huge for Euron, only Jon, Cersei, Tyrion and Dany got that screentime in Season 5) is a downgrade.

Maybe. But Pryce and Dance are not in the same league with Mads. He won prizes and critical acclaim for being Hannibal, I think some 40 minutes role (which would be huge for Euron, only Jon, Cersei, Tyrion and Dany got that screentime in Season 5) is a downgrade.

Maybe Mads WANTS to be in GoT? And wouldn't mind if he doesn't get too much screentime.

Maybe Mads WANTS to be in GoT? And wouldn't mind if he doesn't get too much screentime.

Of course, I could be wrong and he accepts it just because he is a fan of the show or whatever. But I don't think that will be the case.

:cheers:

It's not all about screentime.

For instance, Sansa had 5th largest screentime this season. One would think, well, that must have been a good role? Yeah... if only..

It's not all about screentime.

For instance, Sansa had 5th largest screentime this season. One would think, well, that must have been a good role? Yeah... if only..

It is not all about screentime, I agree, but if you were a very talented and acclaimed actor you would not consider to do a 15 minutes role in a large ensemble show unless you really, really want to be part of it. And the producers, who have to struggle also financially with their casting choices, would prefer to cast someone more affordable and less distractive ("look, it is Hannibal in Game of Thrones!", I hear Unsullied saying this already). Dinklage, Clarke, Kit, Lena and Nicolai all receive 300 grand per episode each.

http://deadline.com/2014/10/game-of-thrones-cast-salary-raises-season-7-1201268049/

Mads could earn less than they, of course, but it would be expensive nonetheless.

downgrade to what ?

hannibal most likely won't even have a season 4

downgrade to what ?

hannibal most likely won't even have a season 4

And that's the only reason I don't think it is impossible, but "just" a long shot. If Hannibal were to be renewed, Mads simply would not have the time to shoot GoT.

Mads has said in the past he would love to be on GOT, because he's friends with Jaime's actor.

Didn't know that. In this case, I don't think it's a long shot anymore. I hope he shows up for the part, and that D&D don't ruin Euron.

Mads would make a great Euron because you can both love him and hate him at the same time, hehe. Also, the man can do fight scenes. His action scenes in Hannibal are pretty amazing. I am warming to this notion.

They will probably make the Kingsmoot a Asha/Yara VS. Euron thing. The mikkelsen brothers would be great as Euron and Damphair though. But James Purefoy would be way better. In Rome he was funny but still had a very dangerous feel to him.

Especially this scene comes to mind;

"Winter doesn't last forever, spring comes, snows melt"

"That's a threat!"

"I assure you it is not. Snows always melt"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfeytbHBPFM

That is my fav scene from Rome! Purefoy is so, so perfect.

The only problem I have with Mads is I can't really abide  them Greyjoi bois ... 

so if Mads becomes Euron I feel compelled to hate on him.

But sometimes it's fun to hate!

Ah yes finally a topic about me!! 

I jest. It is possible for Mads to play Euron because Hannibal was not renewed for another season, and as of the beginning of July, neither Netflix nor Amazon have thrown their hat in for a possible run on their respective platforms. 

Also, Mads already has experience for this type of role. The film Valhalla Rising (which is the source for my avatar) saw him as a Norseman held prisoner in the highlands of Scotland as a.............. mute, one-eyed warrior. 

Done. Somebody hand this man a script already!!!!!!!!

I would say they are in a higher league, they're huge and elder statesmen of the acting world.

It might be that they are in the fourth stage of the actor, Mads is in the second stage possibly.

I do not think Mads is a long shot at all.

He has starred in some amazing Swiss films, but has yet to be anything "huge" to an American/English speaking audience.

GoT got Sophie Turner the role of Jean Grey despite not being a very good actress.

If Euron has a sweet storyline, it could open a TON of door for Mads...IMO

Archived