My suggestion for a certain character for Season 6...

Ben H'gahr

Eh, as much as I love Arnie and think that in theory he would be a great physical match for Hightower (a bit too old for the Hightower of the books, but that's not really a problem), having him on the show would be a massive distraction. The part would have to be non-speaking as his accent would be out of place, and if it was non-speaking then his fleeting presence on the show would be even weirder.

Personally the only way I could see Arnie fitting in (and even this is a long shot) is as some sort of Essosi sellsword commander (maybe Lorathi, since in the show Tom Wlasicha's accent has established that the Lorathi accent is similar to the German accent, which itself isn't disimilar to the Austrian accent). But no such character exists in the books and creating one for the show just so you could have Arnie on-screen would be putting the cart waaaayy in front of the horse.

http://winteriscoming.net/2015/07/07/clarke-wants-a-schwarzenegger-cameo-for-season-6/

... assuming that they do film the Tower of Joy scene, I think Arnie would be an excellent Gerold Hightower.

He might be a little too old but still a good choice. What are your thoughts?

I think this is an exellent idea. People forget his Hamlet these days. Excellent performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCVc5TaPpe8

Concerning the accent: He has a (very intensive!) Styrian Accent, which is again very distinct from a German accent like we know it from Hollywood WW2-films or an Eastern German accent like Mr. Wlaschiha speaks. That's like saying somebody from Maine (or let's say Glasgow) and somebody from Georgia (or let's say Bristol) have the same accent.

I think it would be fun to see Arnold saying "the Kingsguard does not flee".

Yeah, the Mountain actor also speaks terrible English (saw a Vice documentary about Strongmen in Iceland in which he appeared). I think with a dubbing Arnie's accent ain't no problem.

Archived