The Warging of Jon Snow

Now to be honest I never believed or liked the idea of Jon Warging after his stabbing. I've always just hoped that it would be ok Jon does and melisandre is just like I'm gonna bring this fella back. However after rereading Dance I have to say that it is improbable that he won't. Yes I picked up on the signs of Jon and his ever increasing connection to his wolf but I always chalked it up to the idea that they are both of the north and the Stark connection to the direwolf. My belief was as winter draws closer magical things become stronger and maybe that's why Arya is Warging into cats and shit.. As with melisandre'a power. But there are two instances that changed my belief on this. One was melisandre's vision of Jon as a man then a beast or whatever word she used I believe it was beast and then Man again. Now she's known to be wrong but she's nailed Jon visions on the head I believe so far. (If I'm wrong forgive me). What really stood out for me was in my prologue reread. Where varamyr speaks of death as being warm and pleasant. I believe it mightve been just his speculation as he has never had a true death but he still mentions it being warm and comforting. As he wargs though he feels a shock of cold. As with the last lines of Jon's final chapter he never felt the fourth knife only the cold. Well yes he probably died or his body will bleed out but is it that he never felt that fourth knife because he was feeling the cold of leaving his body for his direwolf's.

Sorry if I've touched upon an already beat upon subject. Just wanted some outside perspective

All but confirmed until the release of TWoW.

ADwD - Melisandre I

Spoiler
The flames crackled softly, and in their crackling she heard the whispered name Jon Snow. His long face floated before her, limned in tongues of red and orange, appearing and disappearing again, a shadow half-seen behind a fluttering curtain. Now he was a man, now a wolf, now a man again. But the skulls were here as well, the skulls were all around him. Melisandre had seen his danger before, had tried to warn the boy of it. Enemies all around him, daggers in the dark. He would not listen.

Archived