Any cruel Starks in the history?

Starkist

Ned was not a bad ruler. Cruelty and being a good ruler are totally different things. Mad King was cruel too and he payed dearly for his cruelty. Ned was not cruel but he was not all merciful either. He was bad at intrigue and "Game" of Thrones. Most of the Northmen have that same trait.

He was merciful to Cersei's children which was his biggest mistake. Northmen do not have be to good at the Game of Thrones. They just have to be ruthless when needed. It's fine to be nice to allies and friends but that same niceness cannot be applied to enemies or the children of enemies. Tywin murdered the Tarbeck and Reyne children with no reprecussions from his bannermen, he also murdered Elia and her children with no reprecussions as well. In the song of ice and fire universe at least, ruthlessness produces better results than mercy.

He was merciful to Cersei's children which was his biggest mistake. Northmen do not have be to good at the Game of Thrones. They just have to be ruthless when needed. It's fine to be nice to allies and friends but that same niceness cannot be applied to enemies or the children of enemies. Tywin murdered the Tarbeck and Reyne children with no reprecussions from his bannermen, he also murdered Elia and her children with no reprecussions as well. In the song of ice and fire universe at least, ruthlessness produces better results than mercy.

I disagree. There's plenty examples of both approaches, harsh and sweet, having outcomes positive or negative alike. Tywin went Rains of Castamere on his bannermen and came out powerful and respected? Well, Aerys tried to show the Starks that the dragon was not to be disrespected, and so ended the rule of House Targaryen over the Seven Kingdoms. Oops.

• Night's King (possibly a Stark?)

Theon The Hungry Wolf = War Monger

Brandon the Bad

Benjen the bitter

Brandon Ice Eyes

Cregan Stark - Killed all the traitors at the end of The Dance.

There was also the Stark who defeasted the slavers and left them for the people they tormented... who draped their insides on their Weir wood.

I disagree. There's plenty examples of both approaches, harsh and sweet, having outcomes positive or negative alike. Tywin went Rains of Castamere on his bannermen and came out powerful and respected? Well, Aerys tried to show the Starks that the dragon was not to be disrespected, and so ended the rule of House Targaryen over the Seven Kingdoms. Oops.

Aerys alienated people who were not his enemies. He enjoyed burning people alive and raped his wife repeatedly. He was a plain madman. Brynden Rivers was ruthless also and quite effective. Besides I'm not arguing that being ruthless all the time is a good thing. It can lead to your own son killing you as we saw with Tywin. However, there are times when a ruler does need to be ruthless to his enemies. It's of my belief that Ned failed to be that ruler in King's Landing.

I´m pretty sure Cregan is at the very least ruthless and unforgiving.

Brandon Iceeyes is not someone you want to mess with, but the people he massacred were slavers so ....

Theon the hungry wolf might be cruel, at least warlike.

Cregan actually did very little in hour of wolf. He executed only two people, and they both had no will to live anymore. He didn't even achieved his targaryen marriage while baela and rhaena were still available.

• Night's King (possibly a Stark?)

Theon The Hungry Wolf = War Monger

Brandon the Bad

Benjen the bitter

Brandon Ice Eyes

Cregan Stark - Killed all the traitors at the end of The Dance.

There was also the Stark who defeasted the slavers and left them for the people they tormented... who draped their insides on their Weir wood.

Cregan was little kid with big army who killed only two people: kingsguard member who wanted to die with his king and larys strong who probably lost his will to live after downfall of everything for what he fought

Arya already is what people are predicting Rickon will be. She destroys her enemies, executes Night's Watch deserters and protects her friends. Her direwolf has a huge pack in the Riverlands that is killing Freys and Lannisters. She also personally killed the most named characters of all the Stark children (not including Jon). I believe she is the most badass Stark currently living.

Archived