Quorra

Dogs

268 posts in this topic

On 10/18/2017 at 4:48 AM, lessthanluke said:

I got a Pomchi puppy a month ago. She is the cutest thing EVER. 

Congratulations!!!

My puppy was born on October 8th!!! 

I made doubly and then triply sure this was a responsible breeder. This will be a healthy dog from happy healthy parents that are treated like well loved pets by their owners.

Some time around December 8th I will get to take her home.

The best Christmas present I could ever ask for!

One of their past litters:

1 hour ago, drawkcabi said:

Congratulations!!!

My puppy was born on October 8th!!! 

I made doubly and then triply sure this was a responsible breeder. This will be a healthy dog from happy healthy parents that are treated like well loved pets by their owners.

Some time around December 8th I will get to take her home.

The best Christmas present I could ever ask for!

One of their past litters:

Oh man. So much fluff! 

My dog Sarge has been having petit mal seizures all weekend. I'm calling the vet tomorrow. I kind of suspected this was going on for a while with the spaced out look he's been getting then snapping out of it. But over the last few days things have got a lot more pronounced. Last night he was walking and he fell on his side, it looked like an invisible someone kicked him over. His back leg gives out on him and shakes and his head shakes very noticeably for a few seconds.

I've had a dog with epilepsy who had gran mal seuzures so I know what those look like and Sarge is definitely not having those. He always snaps out in a few seconds and never really goes completely out of it.

They'll probably want to retest him for Cushing's Disease. His liver enzymes have been pretty high. So yeah, calling the vet tomorrow and taking him in ASAP.

I like the idea of getting a husky/german shepherd mix. The eyes of a husky are so gorgeous and I love the loyalty of a GS (not that huskies are disloyal). I've seen a few dogs with this mix and I love them straight away!

2 hours ago, OnceABolton said:

I like the idea of getting a husky/german shepherd mix. The eyes of a husky are so gorgeous and I love the loyalty of a GS (not that huskies are disloyal). I've seen a few dogs with this mix and I love them straight away!

I love both breeds a mix would probably be wonderful. Huskies are the most vocal dog breed ever in an endearing way not a yapping way. So be prepared you may get a talker/whiner/howler.

4 hours ago, OnceABolton said:

Those dogs are a lot of work, they are high energy and need good training.  

My dog is definitely going blind in one eye.  Appt set for Friday to have her checked out, but it looks like the first steps into old age for her.  She's a 10 yr old Rott mix, so it's about that time for things to start to go south.

On 11/8/2017 at 6:27 AM, drawkcabi said:

I love both breeds a mix would probably be wonderful. Huskies are the most vocal dog breed ever in an endearing way not a yapping way. So be prepared you may get a talker/whiner/howler.

I have a border collie that's very vocal, much more vocal than the dogs I grew up with as a kid.  My border collie has several distinctive types of barks.  There's one type of barking when he sees the mailman or delivery man.  There's another type, more high pitched, when I'm preparing big hunks of meat, like a whole tri tip, brisket, or rack of ribs.  I think he's trying to remind me to give him some too.  There's another type when he sees something strange (in his opinion) or unexpected in the house, like the first time he saw a teapot and the kitchen garbage can that automatically opens.  There's another type when he sees something he doesn't like, like foil (i think it's the crinkly noise), cameras (the noise from the motor that adjusts the lens focus), medium to large plastic bags, and people with their feet off the ground (riding a horse but walking a horse is fine, riding a bike or skateboard, using a ladder, etc.).  I've trained him to stop barking at certain things, like bicyclists, but man, all sorts of strange things make him bark. 

I've tried to make him howl, but when I do a howl, he'll just head to the front door and bark in response.  I think he thinks that I must have heard a bad guy near the house, so that's why I'm howling.  He goes into alert mode.

He'll also whine a little for food, and to try and wake me up in the mornings, but it's usually very short.  If I ignore him and pretend to be asleep, he'll either give up, or escalate things by jumping onto the bed.