Quorra

Dogs

284 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I'm so so very sorry for your loss, @drawkcabi

2 hours ago, Which Tyler said:

[Hugs]

Thank you.

My dad is really upset, he cried (so did my mom). Then my dad said "Who's going to keep me company now? That boy always stayed with me. Now I'm alone."

and then when he was at the kitchen table, the puppy, Dulcinea, went into his bedroom and settled down to wait for him just like Sarge used to always do.

:wub:     :crying:      :wub:      :crying: 

Very sorry for the loss :( Sometimes I think dogs are too good for us

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Very sorry for the loss :(

Thank you.

Sometimes I think dogs are too good for us

They are. But they've hitched their wagon to ours, they love us and they need us and they love needing us.

Sometimes we come through. A handful of us go above and beyond.

But too many times we've failed them. But that's the thing about dogs, they are always ready to forgive us, give us another chance, and always ready to love us still.

By some stroke of providence we were given the best companions, the best friends, the best comfort and in a lonely universe we are not alone. Something I am amazed by and grateful for more and more the older I get.

So the simple conclusion is humans collectively just have to be better to them and do better by them.

In fun dog news, my niece got some bubbles, and my dog Lacy is having a blast chasing them down and popping them.