Arrow Season 4: For the Night is Darhk and Full of Terrors...

Jaxom 1974

I spent the whole episode waiting for it to happen. They were stacking the clues on top of each other.

I'm getting really tired of these fake death cliffhangers.

The writers of these shows are utterly incapable of subverting expectations. What I can't figure out is whether they think they're being clever or whether they realise just how predictable they are.

Predictability aside, this was a pretty fun episode. Even Laurel was both useful and likeable. I think Arrow has mostly recovered from season 3.

It's still the same silly show, useless flashbacks and all, but overall it's enjoyable again.

Okay, seriously people, anybody complaining about Felicity and her relationship with Oliver clearly doesn't remember the dark days when the writers were trying to make Oliver and Laurel happen. You guys do realise that that would inevitably be their fallback plan, right? It's not like they're suddenly going to decide they don't need a romance sub-plot for their titular hero.

Okay, seriously people, anybody complaining about Felicity and her relationship with Oliver clearly doesn't remember the dark days when the writers were trying to make Oliver and Laurel happen. You guys do realise that that would inevitably be their fallback plan, right? It's not like they're suddenly going to decide they don't need a romance sub-plot for their titular hero.

Considering how everything else in the show is stolen from Batman, it's odd that they've ignored one of the few aspects that makes him work as a comic hero -his norm is not to be romantically involved. Never long term anyway.

I was much more a fan of Oliver and Felicity being an item than season 3's annoying "will they won't they" and "we can't be together" bullshit. It's CW though and it takes a surprisingly talented group of writers to make actual relationships work on screen. The default attitude is "together is dull" and "not quite together is dramatic". It's more problematic in SFF where the focus is usually on villains and epicness rather than the characters.

Well, there's Felicity 's mom...

Good point - if Felicity dies Laurel will probably come back to the forefront and we'll get idiotic scenes where Olly remembers that it's "always been her". I can imagine the showrunners secretly want this to happen so it seemed like they were correct all along.

Put me in the camp of people who don't think they have the balls to pull i off. She is one of the most likable characters there...if she's gone who are we left with...Laurel...,<shudders> ...Thea...<gags> ...Diggle...cool but only used every five eons...

Felicity is the only reason my hubby is still tolerating the show and he's basically a default viewer.

On the other hand the only double character we now have is another smart scienc-y person good with computers...if they are planning on replacing Felicity they have a replacement....I just hope they don't go there.   

Good point - if Felicity dies Laurel will probably come back to the forefront and we'll get idiotic scenes where Olly remembers that it's "always been her". I can imagine the showrunners secretly want this to happen so it seemed like they were correct all along.

Yup. I'm fairly convinced that when the show started, the writers were thinking that Laurel and Oliver would have this epic love story, and they held on to that believe pretty far into season 2. Even after they finally jettisoned that plot they couldn't face up to the fact that Laurel had simply turned out to be a character whose function on the show had been usurped by Sara and Felicity without that ever really being the plan.

Instead of doing the sane thing and getting rid of Laurel they killed Sara, which kind of set the disappointing tone for season 3. So if they ever find themselves in a situation where they feel they can get away with taking another shot at making Laurel relevant, they'll totally go for it. And it'll fail. Again.

On the other hand the only double character we now have is another smart scienc-y person good with computers...if they are planning on replacing Felicity they have a replacement....I just hope they don't go there.   

Thea, Laurel and Diggle don't actually have unique skillsets. Everything they can do, Oliver can do. And Laurel doesn't even have her own plotline this season. Actually, that makes Laurel almost as good a candidate for ending up dead and buried in that flash forward as her dad.

Thea, Laurel and Diggle don't actually have unique skillsets. Everything they can do, Oliver can do. And Laurel doesn't even have her own plotline this season. Actually, that makes Laurel almost as good a candidate for ending up dead and buried in that flash forward as her dad.

well Diggle at least has the story with his brother and hive...and Laurel and Thea...dear god they are just there for the sake of being there...

well Diggle at least has the story with his brother and hive...and Laurel and Thea...dear god they are just there for the sake of being there...

Thea has her post-resurrection bloodlust. Laurel literally has nothing going on now that Sara is back among the living.

Thea has her post-resurrection bloodlust. Laurel literally has nothing going on now that Sara is back among the living.

There's more going on with Roy than Laurel and he takes up less screen time :)

Although I prefer Laurel without a storyline than with if the show's history is anything to go by,

Although I prefer Laurel without a storyline than with if the show's history is anything to go by,

Pretty much. Quite sad, really.

Or the writers are simply trolling us and the death will be Oliver's son.........you know the one we just found out about last week, lol

We've known about him for like 2 years. It's just that until last week there was hope they wouldn't actually pick that plot thread back up again.

Archived