Arrow Season 4: For the Night is Darhk and Full of Terrors...

Jaxom 1974

On Saturday, July 23, 2016 at 6:54 PM, Jaxom 1974 said:

Hmmmmm...Russian flashbacks finally! Joy.

Who was the guy at the end there?

Even though you might already know: some dude named Prometheus - apparently not to be confused with Grant Morrison 's creation of the same name. I laughed when someone who works on the show said it was Donald Trump.

Eta:

Tee hee too on Katie Cassidy's new deal.

8 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

That's the greatest thing I've ever seen...

I'm obsessed with it. I could watch it on loop for hours and it weirdly gets better :)

1 hour ago, Knight of Ashes said:

Even though you might already know: some dude named Prometheus - apparently not to be confused with Grant Morrison 's creation of the same name. I laughed when someone who works on the show said it was Donald Trump.

Eta:

Tee hee too on Katie Cassidy's new deal.

More surprising that a sort-of Batman villain isn't in Arrow!

So basically Laurel will now potentially turn up in all the CW shows and not just Arrow? That's doubling down.

15 hours ago, red snow said:

So basically Laurel will now potentially turn up in all the CW shows and not just Arrow? That's doubling down.

Yes! And considering the multiverse, it won't just be one version of Laurel but multiple versions of her! It'll be great! :D

One of the things I don't understand... and I think it would make all of these DC/CW shows much better, insofar as fans tend to dig stuff like this..... is to just (when appropriate) acknowledge the rest of the DC universe... You don't have to mention Batman by name even.... just mention the "Gotham Vigilante" or something.... How can they not mention Superman?....

I know its a nitpick.... but if as a viewer, *we* know... then they should too...

Bah.... I'm an asshole

I thought part of the problem with CW was that Batman and Superman were off limits to them? Now Supergirl is being folded in, I guess they have an opportunity to include Superman. I think Batman is still off-limits for them though - especially while Gotham is on air at Fox.

I think I recall them mentioning a vigilante in Bludhaven (Nightwing ref) way back in season 1 of arrow.

For me, I'd like Flashpoint to be a soft reboot for all the shows as then there'd be a chance of me giving them another shot.

• 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Yay, it's all gloomy and murdery again.

I've actually read nothing but positive reviews of the premiere today...

1 minute ago, GallowKnight said:

If the show keeps going long enough, will they start having flashbacks to season 1?

Creators on record recently stating this is the final season of flashbacks.  Thank the gods. 

5 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Creators on record recently stating this is the final season of flashbacks.  Thank the gods. 

I watched the first season of this show. I thought the flashbacks were an interesting addition to the show. But yeah ice been meaning to watch this. 

45 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Why? Boring bad guy, Oliver being grumpy his mates aren't down to vigilante with him, Lance has relapsed again, Laurel is still being treated like she was the second coming, and the flashbacks are as uninteresting as ever.

Just to make it clear I'm not actually all that against him killing some bad guys, but maybe try and keep it to the ringleaders, not the grunts.

Meh, maybe I'm just a grumpy old (in mind at least) bastard. I'm still watching it because of my masochistic need to finish everything I start.

3 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Why? Boring bad guy, Oliver being grumpy his mates aren't down to vigilante with him, Lance has relapsed again, Laurel is still being treated like she was the second coming, and the flashbacks are as uninteresting as ever.

Just to make it clear I'm not actually all that against him killing some bad guys, but maybe try and keep it to the ringleaders, not the grunts.

Meh, maybe I'm just a grumpy old (in mind at least) bastard. I'm still watching it because of my masochistic need to finish everything I start.

That must be hard to achieve. I mean to watch everything you start. Ice started a lot of stuff I haven't finished. Still though i try to finish everything.

15 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Reviews I've read applauded the return to a tone more in place with season 1 and 2...

Archived