Little Questions That Don't Fit Anywhere Else Part 3

HexMachina

I've got a couple of little, teeny-tiny, wee questions.  

In the show why did Mel's hair go from being red one season to a dark purple the next?

And in the same vein why did Lancel's hair go from being blonde to black?

Huh?

Answer me that if you can Mighty Carnac the Magnificent.

I've got a couple of little, teeny-tiny, wee questions.  

In the show why did Mel's hair go from being red one season to a dark purple the next?

And in the same vein why did Lancel's hair go from being blonde to black?

Huh?

Answer me that if you can Mighty Carnac the Magnificent.

Not Carnac but I can try anyway.

Mel's hair was a lighting issue, the scenes at the wall have this washed out, dark, grey-ish filter laid over them to indicate that it is cold. This makes Melisandre's red hair seem black or purple, in some shots its still does look red though, particularly in the last episode, after the snow starts to melt.

The roots of blonde hair can look darker because they have not been bleached by the sun, and the implication was that Lancel had his long hair cut off fairly recently.

Does anyone know what episode this screenshot is from?  I want to use it in a video I'm making, but can't find it.  I thought it was Roose looking out at the aftermath of the Red Wedding, but it isn't in 309 or 310. 

It is Roose stood on the top of the Twins in season 3 I can't pinpoint when but I did find this (scroll down)

http://www.artofvfx.com/?p=4915 

Edit. It is episode ten

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gVeyg9x_c0

Edited by Red Typer of Dorne

1. Not sure if these are "big" questions that do fit somewhere else, but [spoiler]after the events at Hardhome, why do the survivors get off the boats north of the wall and walk back to Castle Black, instead of sailing to the south side of the wall?[/spoiler]

2. [spoiler]Why did Doran send his only son and heir (as yet identified on the show) with Jamie, providing a valuable hostage? This is an especially important question if he knew about the plan to kill Myrcella.[/spoiler]

and, lastly

3. [spoiler]Jamie says he's going to Dorne to retrieve Myrcella himself so because he doesn't want a war, but given the Red Wedding as a precedent of how serious people take betrothals, can someone explain how his actions wouldn't cause a war?[/spoiler]

Edited by VorianDayne

I have got 3 questions as well. Hope you can help me out.

1. Cersei was married to Robby B. so why is and was she called Cercei Lannister all the time? Shouldn´t it be Cercei Baratheon?

2. Everyone says that the R+ L theory is so important because if it is true then their son would have a claim to the throne, even more so than Dany. But I think neither would have a claim since Robert won his rebellion

fair and square right? So not the past kings but  Robert´s descendants should be the heir, right? But he has no trueborn kids so Gendry is the one true king? I´m so confused  :stillsick:

3. When I think about everything that happend after Robert became King, I see that f*cking Littlefinger is reason for every tragedy that happend (especially to the Starks). He needed Ned out of the way so he could marry Cat, so he

killed Jon Arryn because he knew Robert would make Ned the Hand. Once Ned was in Kings Landing.... well you know how it went on. But I can´t see the big picture. What is his plan? He can´t be the king. If he wanted to be Warden of the North,

he would´ve married Sansa himself, but then Cersei would kill him. What the f does he want man  :drunk: I know he once said to Varys that Chaos is like a ladder for him. But how far does he think he can climb this ladder?

Edited by Arya´s Creed

3. [spoiler]Jamie says he's going to Dorne to retrieve Myrcella himself so because he doesn't want a war, but given the Red Wedding as a precedent of how serious people take betrothals, can someone explain how his actions wouldn't cause a war?[/spoiler]

Jamie's quest to retrieve Myrcella was his way of trying to salvage his dying relationship with Cersei. He wants to save whatever love they have left, but now that Myrcella is dead, Cersei is most likely going to blame Jamie and she'll end up going off the deep end.

3. When I think about everything that happend after Robert became King, I see that f*cking Littlefinger is reason for every tragedy that happend (especially to the Starks). He needed Ned out of the way so he could marry Cat, so he

killed Jon Arryn because he knew Robert would make Ned the Hand. Once Ned was in Kings Landing.... well you know how it went on. But I can´t see the big picture. What is his plan? He can´t be the king. If he wanted to be Warden of the North,

he would´ve married Sansa himself, but then Cersei would kill him. What the f does he want man  :drunk: I know he once said to Varys that Chaos is like a ladder for him. But how far does he think he can climb this ladder?

Can't answer your first two, sorry. But I think Littlefinger's plotting has very little to do with his broken heart over Cat, and much more to do with power. He's manipulated countless things since he's been in King's Landing, but I think his end game is going to be very self-serving. He framed Sansa for Joffrey's murder, which for some reason she was totally cool with, and has since managed to kill his wife and have Sansa cover for him (this was probably a test to see if Sansa trusted him, or at least was willing to cover for him),  promise her to Ramsay, go back to King's Landing, and begin plotting again with Lady Olena. He didn't marry Sansa because yes, Cersei would kill him, but also because he knows she'll catch on and he doesn't want to murder another wife of his.

I think he's trying to get the Iron Throne for himself, through the means of manipulating Sansa. To his dismay, she's beginning to take a few pages out of his book of deception, so I don't think he's going to last much longer. He is a very intelligent man, but I think greed will end up getting the better of him. 

Edited by Zoe Stark

If someone wishes to start one I'd be happy to approve it. But I'm not really following casting news, location news etc. so you would need to ask someone who keeps up to date with these things to create one and keep the OP up to date.

I have got 3 questions as well. Hope you can help me out.

1. Cersei was married to Robby B. so why is and was she called Cercei Lannister all the time? Shouldn´t it be Cercei Baratheon?

2. Everyone says that the R+ L theory is so important because if it is true then their son would have a claim to the throne, even more so than Dany. But I think neither would have a claim since Robert won his rebellion

fair and square right? So not the past kings but  Robert´s descendants should be the heir, right? But he has no trueborn kids so Gendry is the one true king? I´m so confused  :stillsick:

1. You can't marry into royal family. You can only be born into royal family. which is why she kept her surname. You can't get a royal surname with marriage.

2. Robert is an usurper. Yes, his rebellion was legit (if you ask me, some posters believe it was not), but it was still a rebellion and he is still a usurper. A question of Dany's claim is very complicated. Robert became king, because his grand mother was a Targaryen (like Dany). His claim comes from the same family as Dany's claim. Before the rebellion Robert was 5th in line for the throne. His legitimacy is build on the fact that he was a cousin of king Aerys II. So if Stannis and Shireen dies, the crown goes to his closest family-Aegon Targaryen (in show it is Dany(and Jon)). They 'forgot' to mention in the show that they are related :)

If you ask Targaryen loyalist, Robert is an usurper and just like John Locke said: 'We might regard conquest as a kind of foreign usurpation of power and usurpation as a kind of domestic political conquest. However there is a major difference between the two in that some conquests may be just and lawful, usurpers can never have right on their side.' So Robert was never a lawful king.

Some say that Targaryens lost their claim entirely and that if Stannis and Shireen  die claim to the throne possibly goes to Edric Storm (or some other Targaryen relatives). Edric Storm is the only recognised bastard son of Robert. Gendry is not recognised, so he can't be in line for a throne. Edric Storm also can't be line for the throne, because he is still a bastard. And you have to legitimize a bastard (a bastard can't sit the Iron Throne without royal legitimization).

3. Littlefinger is a mystery. 
Edited by Lady Darry