HelenaExMachina

Little Questions That Don't Fit Anywhere Else Part 3

199 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Eh, not really. I have been thinking this since we saw the 3EC Three eyed-raven a while back. I'm not kidding when I say that this shit has been bugging me for a while :P It is actually the thread the proposes that Bloodraven is not the Three Eyed-Crow that has me thinking/rethinking things. I know, I know, I know the show is no where near canon, but I wondered if that name merging was a clue that Bloodraven actually is the 3EC?

Added: Here is the convo on that...

 

Gotcha! Yeah, saw that thread. To me there's no doubt that Bloodraven is the 3EC, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kissdbyfire said:

Gotcha! Yeah, saw that thread. To me there's no doubt that Bloodraven is the 3EC, though. 

Me too... but something in my brain twiggled and I got nervous... because I have a tendency to think things through inside and out for a really long time  make logical decisions. This is where I can identify with GRRM and TWOW being late (on a very minute level). There has been a time or two where I was late turning in a story for someone because I had to debone it and then put it back together before I cold proceed. That's why I liked the Sookie books (Southern Vamp Mysteries), because there wasn't much to debone and it was like a mental relief for me (and they were just fun to read).

THIS series however!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the point on Jorah having greyscale? I mean unless he's going to fulfill JonCon's role in which may bring a Greyscale plague to Westeros, sure, but if Jorah is going to die before arriving to Westeros, then... what's the point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, The Arthur Smith said:

What's the point on Jorah having greyscale? I mean unless he's going to fulfill JonCon's role in which may bring a Greyscale plague to Westeros, sure, but if Jorah is going to die before arriving to Westeros, then... what's the point?

To do as you said I guess? To bring Greyscale to the Big W-town. 

There are a few TV things that make me think otherwise. 1) I think Daario will betray Dany for his power grab. He won't succeed, obviously, but he will try. Since there are no nobles or Graces or Plumm's or anyone else in Meereen to be a possible Harpy, it think it will be Daario.  2) I think Jorah will be killed by Daario either because Jorah figures Daario out and is about to expose him, or Jorah sacrifices himself to save Dany, thereby cleansing his soul (but not his flaky skin) of all past wrong doings. In most of the leaked or trailer shots of Dany, Daario is there but Jorah is not. Or 3) Jorah figures out Daario's betrayal plan ( Dany does have one more betrayal coming) and battles with, then kills Daario and wins the heart of Dany back to his side.

Maybe someone Will try fire magic on Jorah and cleanse him before they fly to Westeros. Or maybe whenJorah finds that F'ing ring, he rubs it and  genie pops out and his first wish is to be cured of the greyscale. Selfish Jorah! Always thinking of himself first. 

Edited by The Fattest Leech

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

To do as you said I guess? To bring Greyscale to the Big W-town. 

There are a few TV things that make me think otherwise. 1) I think Daario will betray Dany for his power grab. He won't succeed, obviously, but he will try. Since there are no nobles or Graces or Plumm's or anyone else in Meereen to be a possible Harpy, it think it will be Daario.  2) I think Jorah will be killed by Daario either because Jorah figures Daario out and is about to expose him, or Jorah sacrifices himself to save Dany, thereby cleansing his soul (but not his flaky skin) of all past wrong doings. In most of the leaked or trailer shots of Dany, Daario is there but Jorah is not. Or 3) Jorah figures out Daario's betrayal plan ( Dany does have one more betrayal coming) and battles with, then kills Daario and wins the heart of Dany back to his side.

I was thinking about the 2nd possibility since there was a film shot with

Spoiler

Daario reuniting with Dany with the Dothraki. But Jorah wasn't seen at the filming stage.

Honestly, the 1st and 3rd possibility may gonna happen with the show loves to pander their fans.

3 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Selfish Jorah! Always thinking of himself first. 

Ah yes, that scene where Jorah grab Dany's arm at the pit. Stupid Jorah, spreading the greyscale to your love is a very good idea /sarcasm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jorah's Grey Scale I think will be the shows version of 'The bloody flux', which will infect Meereen. He's already been there, infected the city. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But greyscale is slow, for it to have an impact like the bloody flux epidemic Dany would have to stay in Meereen a long time. Unless it spreads really fast, and progresses really fast, too, which, granted, the show could do. 

ETA: I'll correct myself here, the show has already done that, with Jorah having a large scaly patch on his wrist as soon as he gets out of the water. 

Edited by kissdbyfire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

But greyscale is slow, for it to have an impact like the bloody flux epidemic Dany would have to stay in Meereen a long time. Unless it spreads really fast, and progresses really fast, too, which, granted, the show could do. 

ETA: I'll correct myself here, the show has already done that, with Jorah having a large scaly patch on his wrist as soon as he gets out of the water. 

Yeah you could still be right, but I suspect that Meereen will need to have a bunch of problems this year, for Tyrion to deal with, especially if they aren't including any battle. It makes sense to tie in a plague to Jorah bringing it in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Yeah you could still be right, but I suspect that Meereen will need to have a bunch of problems this year, for Tyrion to deal with, especially if they aren't including any battle. It makes sense to tie in a plague to Jorah bringing it in.

Has it been confirmed that there'll be no battle in Meereen? I don't remember reading anything about one, but that doesn't necessarily mean there won't be one. I don't know, but I won't be shocked if Jorah bites it before getting back to Meereen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kissdbyfire said:

Has it been confirmed that there'll be no battle in Meereen? I don't remember reading anything about one, but that doesn't necessarily mean there won't be one. I don't know, but I won't be shocked if Jorah bites it before getting back to Meereen. 

I haven't seen anything to suggest its been filmed, so i'm pretty certain its not happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

I haven't seen anything to suggest its been filmed, so i'm pretty certain its not happening.

It could start to build up to a battle towards the end of series 6? No idea, really, just a thought. But then I think Dany would have to stay with the Dothraki longer than I think she will. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

It could start to build up to a battle towards the end of series 6? No idea, really, just a thought. But then I think Dany would have to stay with the Dothraki longer than I think she will. 

My feeling is that the battle isn't all that relevant in the scheme of things and can be taken out without too many issues. I do think Dany is with the Dothraki for the majority of this season, which would be a massive shame as it feels quite static storywise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://watchersonthewall.com/chuku-modu-george-georgiou-returns-for-game-of-thrones-season-6/#more-48820  

i remember reading a while back that we are going to see Yunkai people again, but don't remember too many details. I hate to be brief, but I have a PB&J to make, but here is a link to atleast some info about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

My feeling is that the battle isn't all that relevant in the scheme of things and can be taken out without too many issues. I do think Dany is with the Dothraki for the majority of this season, which would be a massive shame as it feels quite static storywise.

I agree, I don't think a battle is necessary either. But it could be something they'd like to do. As to Dany, I don't think she'll remain with the Dothraki that long... I'm thinking 3/4 episodes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

http://watchersonthewall.com/chuku-modu-george-georgiou-returns-for-game-of-thrones-season-6/#more-48820  

i remember reading a while back that we are going to see Yunkai people again, but don't remember too many details. I hate to be brief, but I have a PB&J to make, but here is a link to atleast some info about it. 

George Georgiou, who played the Yunkai slaver, apparently is coming back and will be directed by the guys in charge of eps 3 & 4 and 9 & 10, whatever that means. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe there is a connection to Dorne in Dany's storyline, which will take on elements of the Aegon plot. It could be that Dorne helps to arrange her passage to Westeros and backs her, but doesn't bother with the marriage part of the story. 

As for the Yunkish, they could be an intermediary in that process somehow I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

George Georgiou, who played the Yunkai slaver, apparently is coming back and will be directed by the guys in charge of eps 3 & 4 and 9 & 10, whatever that means. 

3&4 then 9&10. Maybe a tension buildup/ threat from Yunkai then returning in 9&10 for the follow through/battle of some sort? The promo trailer last week did have a shit of the Windows exploding inward up in Dany's pyramid palace rooms. A five episode gap seems weird. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

3&4 then 9&10. Maybe a tension buildup/ threat from Yunkai then returning in 9&10 for the follow through/battle of some sort? The promo trailer last week did have a shit of the Windows exploding inward up in Dany's pyramid palace rooms. A five episode gap seems weird. 

I have no idea. Maybe his character first appears dealing with Tyrion, and then later appears again once Dany is in Meereen?

We have Tyrion carrying a torch somewhere dark. Maybe upon learning that Dany took off, the Yunkish decide to attack Meereen by whatever tactics - not necessarily open battle - and that's when Tyrion releases the dragons, and gets rid of the immediate threat. Then later on they return or are captured or something. No idea, really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok. Another question for anyone out there.

How was Tyrion able to see Drogon flying over Old Valyria when Meereen is atleast 1/3 of the world away from where they are? The locations and timing are just off. I get he is a big, strong flyer, but taking that route would put him over many, many heavily populated cities and people all over the world would start freaking out because the "rumors" would be true.

When we first see Drogon in S5, he is on top of the pyramid visiting Dany (he left his Quaithe costume at home). Then we next see Drogon all the way down in Old Valyria. Then the third time we see Drogon is in the fighting pits and he takes Dany to the new Dragonstone in the opposite direction of where we have seen him so far.

Seeing the covers of the S5 DVD sets all over reminded me of this and I was not part of an online talkie-group then to be able to ask. Sorry if it has been talked to death in the past.

Edited by The Fattest Leech

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16 March 2016 at 6:58 PM, The Fattest Leech said:

Ok. Another question for anyone out there.

How was Tyrion able to see Drogon flying over Old Valyria when Meereen is atleast 1/3 of the world away from where they are? The locations and timing are just off. I get he is a big, strong flyer, but taking that route would put him over many, many heavily populated cities and people all over the world would start freaking out because the "rumors" would be true.

When we first see Drogon in S5, he is on top of the pyramid visiting Dany (he left his Quaithe costume at home). Then we next see Drogon all the way down in Old Valyria. Then the third time we see Drogon is in the fighting pits and he takes Dany to the new Dragonstone in the opposite direction of where we have seen him so far.

Seeing the covers of the S5 DVD sets all over reminded me of this and I was not part of an online talkie-group then to be able to ask. Sorry if it has been talked to death in the past.

Could be like the book and Drogon is ordinarily living far away from Meereen ("Dragonstone" in the books, out in the Dothraki Sea). He also flies over quite a large area. What draws him back to the Pit is his connection to Dany (I know some say it's the blood and screams, but...over all those miles? Nah, it's something much deeper and magical). 

They changed the geography of the show slightly I think so I'm not sure how close Drogon's "lair" is to Valyria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now