Will the Freys hold the twins at the end of the series?

Depends. The red wedding even the Iron Throne is like we better kill some Freys. So if this plays out they will hold the Twins
What will the North do they have the others to worry about + the storyline if the Boltons die. The only way this will happen is if the black fish takes back Riverun and the north both lay siege to the Twins on both sides etc. 

Honestly with all the Freys and Frey bastards every like everywhere it would be hard to say there will not be a Frey lord

41 minutes ago, desire said:

Depends. The red wedding even the Iron Throne is like we better kill some Freys. So if this plays out they will hold the Twins
What will the North do they have the others to worry about + the storyline if the Boltons die. The only way this will happen is if the black fish takes back Riverun and the north both lay siege to the Twins on both sides etc. 

Honestly with all the Freys and Frey bastards every like everywhere it would be hard to say there will not be a Frey lord

Not if Walder dies and they start killing everyone monty python style in a civil war, more than that under my theory, they will just be dying left and right, falling down the stairs and such, because karma/gods, whatever.

11 hours ago, Whitering said:

Not if Walder dies and they start killing everyone monty python style in a civil war, more than that under my theory, they will just be dying left and right, falling down the stairs and such, because karma/gods, whatever.

Of course your theory

On 18.7.2015 at 2:59 PM, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Ι don't see why they have to take the Twins away from the Freys. It's not like everyone were involved with the Red Wedding. Why the innocent have to suffer for what some of them did?

most of them Knew it was happens 

11 hours ago, chrisdaw said:

I'll put the house on Big Walder ruling the twins come the war for the dawn, dunno if he survives it though.

I don't think big walder will rule the twins but he'll be one of the survivin ones. and the one frey who turned against his family

It looks like their involvement in the RW dooms House Frey into at least losing a lot of family members.

There might even be a chance that the Freys will lose the Twins depending on how the Battle for Winterfell turns out and what Blackfish has been up to.

Either way, their chances of surviving the series are pretty low. There's a lot of people in the Riverlands and the North who'd gladly jump at an opportunity for justice/vengeance.

The Twin may not live at the end of the series. Walder's philandering, pettiness, and lack of authority that resulted in creating a dyfunctional and massive family will be the downfall of his house. Many Freys may attempt to go against each other for who gets the rights of lordship all while ignoring the long winter that will come upon Westeros (especially when Jon is attempting to march south).

I have a pet theory, since Dany is going to show up to Westeros late, everyone will have (firmly) picked a side. Leaving her with...unsavory alliances per se.

I know alot of people want the Freys/Twins to get the Harrenhall treatment but IMO Dany isn't going to give a fig about what they did at the RW.

Also while the BWB seem poised to take down the RR Freys. The Twins have more than a small garrison and are very heavily fortified.

"It was his father who sent me to the Citadel. King Daeron had sired four sons, and three had sons of their own. Too many dragons are as dangerous as too few, I heard His Grace tell my lord father, the day they sent me off." (Samwell I in Feast)

Lord Walder may pride himself on his many descendants, but he has created a situation where his heirs will be at war with each other as soon as he dies. Daeron II understood, as Lord Walder does not, that too many heirs can end a family line from within. The Twins may be home to much of the Frey family at present, but as Cersei points out below, when Lord Walder is taken out of the equation, the blame for the Red Wedding can be used as an excuse for his successor to rid himself of rival claimants:

"Lord Walder will never sacrifice his own," said Pycelle.

"No," mused Cersei, "but his heirs may be less squeamish. Lord Walder will soon do us the courtesy of dying, we can hope. What better way for the new Lord of the Crossing to rid himself of inconvenient half brothers, disagreeable cousins, and scheming sisters than by naming them the culprits?" (Cersei IV in Feast)

Aside from this, Lady Stoneheart's BwB group has been picking off Freys with regularity since her resurrection. Daven Lannister's wedding may afford an opportunity to take out a large group at once. On the road, they may be vulnerable. 

As for who holds the Twins at the end of the series, while I believe that the family tree will be vastly trimmed by then there is no guarantee that the Twins will leave Frey ownership. The identity of the Lord of the Crossing may be determined by the occupant of the Iron Throne at the end of Dream

i think they will hold the twins. they will suffer heavy losses between the brotherhood, nymeria's pack and and arya but i dont think they will be extinguished. i hope olyvar gets to be the lord but who knows.

but i strongly feel like old walder frey wont be killed. i think he will die of natural causes. this could be part of the bittersweet ending Martin said we will have, the old frey dying on his bed before he gets the northern justice he deserves. 

i mean, we'll have some form of justice with the boltons being wiped out (besides maybe walda's kid if ramsay dont go there) but the freys, no, i dont think so. 

Twins and Freys are doomed for the same reason Boltons and Dreadfort will be doomed in the North: their respective regions hate their guts. If anti-Lannister Iron Throne claimant hopes to get Riverlands on their side (which I suspect will be controlled by Blackfish and Brotherhood without Banners after Lady Stoneheart's death), they need to punish Freys for Red Wedding. No matter if it is Aegon or Dany and their personal opinions about Robb Stark, the Young Wolf was killed in one of the most disgusting and treacherous ways possible. Aegon or Dany will need to punish Freys and everyone involved in it to win over riverlanders to their cause.

Which I believe Dany will do. Tyrion, as part of small council and who knew all about Red Wedding and its atrocities, will lay out the situation to Dany and advise her to punish House Frey if she wishes to get Blackfish and Riverlands on her side. Given Dany's very violent "Fire and Blood" campaign, I think she will burn down Twins like Aegon the Conqueror burned down Harrenhal. It will please Blackfish and BwB and win her support of river folk. It will be a perfect PR campaign on Dany's behalf.

I feel that all the Freys really have to do right now is wait until Dany arrives. Now I know people want her to emulate her great ancestor by burning the Twins down and killing every Frey. But one thing the Freys currently have in their arsenal which may prevent Dany from killing them all is the last Darry heir. Amerei Frey who is currently the lady of Darry is the last known Darry still living. Given how much Dany loves the Darrys and how much she feels she owes them, if she conquers Westeros all Walder really has to do is introduce her to Ser Willem Darry's niece. Meeting the last of the Darrys will no doubt melt Dany's heart who may then put her and her entire family under the Queen's protection.

31 minutes ago, Kaibaman said:

I feel that all the Freys really have to do right now is wait until Dany arrives. Now I know people want her to emulate her great ancestor by burning the Twins down and killing every Frey. But one thing the Freys currently have in their arsenal which may prevent Dany from killing them all is the last Darry heir. Amerei Frey who is currently the lady of Darry is the last known Darry still living. Given how much Dany loves the Darrys and how much she feels she owes them, if she conquers Westeros all Walder really has to do is introduce her to Ser Willem Darry's niece. Meeting the last of the Darrys will no doubt melt Dany's heart who may then put her and her entire family under the Queen's protection.

Amerei has two sisters. And her mother, the daughter of Lord Darry, is still alive as well as an other daughter of a Lord Frey, Jeyne Darry who has two sons from her deceased husband Cleos.

Currently the heir of Riverrun is Tywin Frey the grandson of a former Lord Darry. It is a pity about his first name as his younger brother is called Willem (possibly named after the Ser Willam Darry who helped the young Targs escape)

On 3/4/2016 at 5:05 PM, desire said:

Of course your theory

I think George would like to make the presence of gods ambiguous, that's why, we don't know what's up with Cat, Beric, Mel and Moqqoro, we just have undead running around, is it the divine R'hllor?

Speaking of, I wonder where the Essosan gods are on the rights of hospitality. In any case, a bunch of accidents leaves that ambiguous enough.

Archived