Will the Freys hold the twins at the end of the series?

We know the Freys have made a LOT of enemys with the RW, and IMO its safe to assume that the Freys will receive some sort of punishment for there crimes but in what way and how severe? Iv compiled a few choices i think could happen.

1) Olyvar Frey becomes the new lord of the crossing since he was loyal to Robb and seems like a good man.

2) The Freys are stripped of the twins after many Freys are murdered in a brutal internal circle of kin slaying and wild wolfs feasting on Freys. The twins are givin to either the BF or the child of Edmure and his young Frey wife.

3) The Twins are burned to the ground and most Freys with it, the North wants to be indépendant and the crossing being destroyed would help quite a bit.Also it would just feel good to watch it burn for lols.

4) The Freys keep the twins but are stripped of most of their land and are taxed double to keep there wealth low and RR wealth only increases.

I posted this already somewhere else but I think it fits here too:

What I would do with the Freys: Situation is that the Freys don't care about anything else than multiplying themselves like the rabbits, strengthening their position through political marriage and exploiting the people in their lands and collecting a shit ton of money for passing their castles, as well as being super proud of that sh*thole they built at the Trident, totally disrespecting anything that can be remotely considered good behavior. They do anything and everything to reach their goals and know no boundaries. Thus, I would like to take all this away form them - HAHA:

1) Kill women and children first so the line cannot reproduce (best they are burnt / sacrifice for the Red God, letting the men watch), including any bastard infant. Not a single drop of Frey blood should survive

2) Burn the Twins, let the bridge remain for every man to pass / use freely. Show them the ruins of the castle

3) Remove "the pillar and the stones" of the male members of the family so they cannot father any children

4) Give their land either to the Crannogmen or to whatever house they hate most

5) Sell the remaining male Freys into slavery This way they will die fully aware of having lost everything they ever lived for, that every of their sacrifice was not only in vain but that the fruit of all their work as put to ashes and that there is no chance that they will ever recover from that.

They will know that in some generations the Freys will not be a powerful, respected house in Westeros, but will be either mocked or forgotten and in after some more time the people will not even be sure anymore if the tales about the Freys are true or false like those about the Age of Heroes. Make sure the late Lord Walder Frey sees all of this (the burning kids/women, the eunuched men, the burnt castle ruins, the land given to another house, the bridge free for anyone to use) and ensure him a life as healthy and long as possible.

One could add to my Frey-Fantasy: torture Walder to death, let Thoros revive him, torture him to death again, repeat, ...

I´m pretty sure that some version of the Rat-cook curse will be on them. (It´s already starting in the north with Wyman Manderly feeding Freys to Freys).

Walder might not literally be forced to eat his offspring but he will watch as his offspring destroy each other. I don´t think that the karmic laws of "planetos" allow for even the Robb-loyalists to survive in the end. The whole lineage will be cursed.

Can I just say I hope not? I want a world without Frey.

I like the Rat Cook curse idea. The towers crumble, the bridge survives and people cross it swiftly mumbling little prayers that long dead Walder Frey and his horde of hungry children won't catch and kill them before they get to the other side.

We know the Freys have made a LOT of enemys with the RW, and IMO its safe to assume that the Freys will receive some sort of punishment for there crimes but in what way and how severe? Iv compiled a few choices i think could happen.

1) Olyvar Frey becomes the new lord of the crossing since he was loyal to Robb and seems like a good man.

2) The Freys are stripped of the twins after many Freys are murdered in a brutal internal circle of kin slaying and wild wolfs feasting on Freys. The twins are givin to either the BF or the child of Edmure and his young Frey wife.

3) The Twins are burned to the ground and most Freys with it, the North wants to be indépendant and the crossing being destroyed would help quite a bit.Also it would just feel good to watch it burn for lols.

4) The Freys keep the twins but are stripped of most of their land and are taxed double to keep there wealth low and RR wealth only increases.

1) He's like 18th in line of succession.

2) I could see that scenario in fanfiction.

3) That would probably do more harm to the North than good, since kingsroad is important economically.

4) The king/queen of the seven kingdoms doesn't have absolute power, I don't think that most of the vassals would be pleased to see the lands of prominent lords stripped away, especially since Freys haven't done anything wrong towards Targaryens (who will most likely end up on the iron throne).

I think that in the end Freys won't be so numerous but will keep their lands and power.

Can I just say I hope not? I want a world without Frey.

I like the Rat Cook curse idea. The towers crumble, the bridge survives and people cross it swiftly mumbling little prayers that long dead Walder Frey and his horde of hungry children won't catch and kill them before they get to the other side.

that's a super cool idea

I always assumed that the destruction of the Frey's was one of the reasons for the introduction of unCat.

I could also see the Sparrows making an example of them if the HS ends up taking the throne or at the very least becomes the defacto power in the region.

Regardless, I don't see the Frey's lasting until the end.

I really hope not.

I want for Walder Frey to suffer and see the fruits of his betrayal. I really like the Rat-Cook idea. I would also love for the Lord Frey to be executed publicly (by the HS or LSH, I don't care) so his humiliation would be complete. I just hope GRRM makes an example of them, so that other houses learn what happens when you break guest right.

I don't see them being wiped out but I can certainly see them dispossessed of their holdings. Perhaps they are sent into exile. Either way you certainly don't want people who committed such a treacherous act to hold such a strategic position whichever side you are on. Were I the Lannisters I certainly wouldn't trust them. The Freys had better hope that the war continues because whichever side wins will surely deal with them.

The demise of House Frey will become the new Rat cook story to scare the children. The legend will speak of how Robb Stark and his northmen returned as wolves to reap their vengeance. The Direwolf leading the pack was the spirit of the Young Wolf (actually Arya warging Nymeria).

The Freys might just fall for their own lies-

"The Red Wedding was the Young Wolf's work. He changed into a beast before our eyes and tore out the throat of my cousin Jinglebell, a harmless simpleton. He would have slain my lord father too, if Ser Wendel had not put himself in the way....When Stark changed into a wolf, his northmen did the same. The mark of the beast was on them all. Wargs birth other wargs with a bite, it is well-known. It was all my brothers and I could do to put them down before they slew us all."

However, I expect Lady Stoneheart, kinslaying and angry Northerners will also contribute to their downfall and not just the wolf pack. Any Freys remaining will change their name or move somewhere else for their own safety.

The only way I can see a Frey remaining as Lord of the Twins is if it is Edmure and Roslin's child.

I agree House Frey will be the new version of the Rat Cook as a warning to what happens to those who break guest right. The most populous house in Westeros goes extinct with some members murdered by outlaws, others in their own castles (Riverrun) and the rest die at each other's hands in the war in the family.Whilst they were fighting each other, the house was obliterated when the dragons came upon them, burning the Twins and all those inside.

I´m pretty sure that some version of the Rat-cook curse will be on them. (It´s already starting in the north with Wyman Manderly feeding Freys to Freys).

Walder might not literally be forced to eat his offspring but he will watch as his offspring destroy each other. I don´t think that the karmic laws of "planetos" allow for even the Robb-loyalists to survive in the end. The whole lineage will be cursed.

He might... If he's under siege for too long they might start eating each other.

I really doubt it. It will be too unrealistic, especially with only 2 books left. They have lot of heirs left. And It's a tough castle to siege.

I see the Boltons going down, but the Freys wIll survive for that bittersweet ending. Them and their 3k babannermen can sit in their castles...

It's already happening, I think vengeance on the Freys may unite certain factions, and it has been foreshadowed already with the rat cook and the weaseley appearance of the Freys. It will be a from a few different factors, but I suspect the Freys will fall hard and fast, to what extent, the gods alone know

Archived