[Spoilers ADWD] May be Jon was not the only child

Ashlesha

This theory is not based on zilch evidence. But I am positing it here for the sake of record.

I suspect there were 7 pups and not 6. On pup was never found but will be found later.

Jon Snow is a red herring or indeed Ned's bastard or perhaps a twin brother of this missing person.

Has GRRM used ex machine anywhere in the plot ? I think this missing person has found this wolf and named him Winter or Ice. Jon Snow is indeed a red herring or a ghost of this missing person.

Pretty interesting theory. I don't know why deus ex machina is necessary to resolve the story. GRRM hasn't painted himself into a corner here, and I would argue he's painting from the middle of a room he keeps expanding. He just doesn't need another character or another wolf to finish the tale.

Now I haven't done my homework but it might make sense if there were another child from the R+L match. But it seems really late in the game to introduce another level of complexity, it doesn't add much to the story, and it would make the most sense for that to be Aegon... but then Varys and Ned would have had a very different conversation (as Ned would have known about Aegon).

the biggest evidence that could be cited for a second child is the alfie allen quote where he describes jon's parentage as a luke skywalker situation, as in twins who are separated. if there is a twin it would be either dany or aegon

the biggest evidence that could be cited for a second child is the alfie allen quote where he describes jon's parentage as a luke skywalker situation, as in twins who are separated. if there is a twin it would be either dany or aegon

Except Alfie Allen doesn't have any more information than you or I. I think he's right in describing it that way, but the similarities are apparent to the reader. 

What you have here isn't a theory. It's just speculation. It doesn't qualify as a theory because in a series of books that are loaded with symbolism and foreshadowing, there isn't one bit of evidence for it. 

A asoiaf theory, R+L=D states that Dany is the child of R and L, and Jon is just a special Bastard. This theory dose fill a lot of questions regarding the "Promise me Ned" Ned hears in Kingslanding, as Robert plans to Kill Dany, for the entire "Promise me Ned" happens when Ned is thinking of Dany and not Jon. That being said, I do think that Jon is the Prince who was Promised, and he is some kind of Ice and Fire, Stark and Tar jesus. So, to balance this out, lets say R+L=D/J.

Mind blown? Well It doesn't matter if you are't. 

Now, look at Dany's childhood, she says she remembers a big house with a red door in Bravos, and a lemon tree. But there are no lemons in Bravos, it's to cold, and they even ship firewood in to the city. So we now know not every thing about Dany's cildhood is real, or at lest can't be trusted. 

But I back to the seventh wolf, well there was a seventh wolf, they found it. And it was Dead, as Dead as Ned.

I don't believe R+L=D/J as much as R+L=J, but I do think it could be real. If not, it is fun to think about. 

Luke situation could also be that his father was the villain.

Archived