Really Digging Feast so far

Limecloak89

Not sure why book 4 gets so much hate. I agree its probably the weakest I've read so far (I might enjoy it more than Clash, but Jon's chapters in book 2 are some of my favorites of the series), though i still really like it. Getting to finally see Cersei's POV is great, and the Brienne and Jamie chapters are also really good IMO. Maybe its because I didn't have to wait 5 years in between Storms -shrugs-

Spoilers for Arya II chapter follows!

Nothing from the series made me tear up, but when Arya is comparing needle to her memories of Winterfell/Siblings I lost it.

Not sure why book 4 gets so much hate. I agree its probably the weakest I've read so far (I might enjoy it more than Clash, but Jon's chapters in book 2 are some of my favorites of the series), though i still really like it. Getting to finally see Cersei's POV is great, and the Brienne and Jamie chapters are also really good IMO. Maybe its because I didn't have to wait 5 years in between Storms -shrugs-

Spoilers for Arya II chapter follows!

Nothing from the series made me tear up, but when Arya is comparing needle to her memories of Winterfell/Siblings I lost it.

It is undeserved but the explanation is simply, most people dislike the fact it lacks their god saviors, be it Jon Snow, Dany Targaryen or Tyrion Lannister.

Feast was the hardest for me to get through. It was indeed a little disappointing that some characters were omitted, but I loved some of the new ones introduced. Victarian in particular. I'm currently still reading Dance. I am enjoying Dance very much, and that one gets a lot of hate as well.

A little foreshadowing for you, when you finish Feast and move on to Dance, there is overlap involving conversations with two POV characters, so conversations from Feast will pop up again. It's really cool, the dialog is the same, but the inner monologues and narration is different. Another perspective, it's pretty awesome.

Yeh I agree... Just finished AffC last night. The weakest book so far, but if I had to wait for 5 years for it I would've sooked to! haha.

So confused with Doran Martell though. Is he a player in the game or is just a high lord in constant pain? Would've loved to see a bit more into what Dorne was planning (apart from the marriage pact). Time to start Dance with Dragons tonight!

• 1 month later...

I had some moments where i felt like just skipping some chapters (Greyjoys) but i didn't. Currently have about 100 pages left and it's already gotten so much more interesting.

Cersei's chapters are amazing. Her dream about Maggy was my favorite part so far.

I also really dig Sansa now. 

Archived