Strain S2, soooo?

Alia of the knife

I'd like to see the worms cross into Pittsburgh and get beaten back by Steelers fans weilding a solid wall of Terrible Towels.   The worms are fast and can try to juke and jive this way and that, but they're not fast enough to escape a storm of towels snapping at them locker room style.   It'd be a stalemate, though, with the towels only managing to rebuff the worms, and the fans' arms would eventually tire out.   They'd need our heroes to swoop in & provide the ultimate solution to the standoff.

Hahaha - I know.  It's ridiculous.  The fight scene with Abraham and German vamp was hysterical.  And why does the German dodge bullets sometimes, and sometimes no?  
Same here.  I thought it was funny that Kelly sulks after her unsuccessful attempt to get icky Zach.  She's like an emo teenage vampire.  And Eph resembles a strigoi now that he has no hair.  

And it seems that Norah and Fet are about to become a thing.  I hope they do; they are both currently involved with extremely selfish people.  It's turning into an apocalyptic "Friends" episode, where the main characters can only be involved with each other.

Kelly has thus far been unsuccessful.
The Master might need to fire her.

Really enjoyed the meeting between Palmer and Eph. Eph's little pull-back and bemusement at Palmer's bullshit -"you're not obviously insane..."- was hilarious. Palmer to me seems like a guy who has one set of tricks and keeps applying them over and over, totally unconcerned with the fact that he's literally destroying the very social structure that those ruthless CEO skills rely upon. He seems to have no self-awareness on that score.

Oh, and what a surprise...Abraham fails again! Didn't see that shit coming! 

I, for one, am quite interested to see where they'll take Edritch Palmer from here on... I dont think the character could embark a redemption train, and I wouldnt like it so, but I'd like to see him... let's say... reconsider some of his views, if written well !

I found out the other day that there's a Philip K Dick novel called The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch.

Oh, and what a surprise...Abraham fails again! Didn't see that shit coming! 

That was hilarious. Found ancient book to aid in life long quest, let's not get it and self to safety immediately, let's sit down and thumb through in the home of its keeper.

So Cocoa is dead, (yeah), but then she comes back? (boo).

It's like a Gilligans Island episode where every week you think they are going to be rescued, or something is going to change and boom, everything is right back where they started.

And I'm actually glad the German has Dutch.

Any world saving actions will have to come from Coco; the rest aren't doing it right.   If you want to save the world you have to do it before the worms reach Philly.

Whoever comes up with characters' names on this show should be turned into a zombie. "Coco" and "Eph"?? These names immediately make anything the characters do seem laughable as soon as you hear someone say their names.

This weeks episode was the best of the season. Things to note:

Montgomery Burns stalks Coco and lays out his uber creepy feelings for her.....and she comes back to him.

Taking a slug from a hip flask is probably not a good idea before you try and kill someone with a sniper rifle (especially if you're a nerd who's never used one before) proving yet again that Eph is a full blown psychopath and a terrible, terrible person.

A horde of vamps can invade a station house and easily kill a room full of armed cops, but against Fet and a piece of rebar? Who's the man? Yeah he's the man, and don't you forget it.

Dutch seeks relationship advice from Eph..............let's take a moment to consider that.................................next week she'll be taking sobriety tips from Keith Richards.

No annoying kid or vampire mom this ep, her seeming lack of motivation to save him from Eph continues to be a major concern. Anyway it's good to note that despite annoying kid being stalked by vamp mommy dearest all the gang apparently feel OK leaving him on his own while they go about  their missions.

Palmer engages Eph in a James Bond style exposition scene, where his whole evil plan is laid bare.........coz reasons. Unfortunately no pool filled with sharks armed with laser beams to drop Eph into :(

In the end the Master comes and saves Coco, after she wakes Palmer explains what he's doing. Coco appears surprised that her boyfriend is a weird evil creep. I'll repeat that Coco seem surprised that Palmer is a weirdo.

A horde of vamps can invade a station house and easily kill a room full of armed cops, but against Fet and a piece of rebar? Who's the man? Yeah he's the man, and don't you forget it.

As I said they're essentially zombies right down to the suspiciously variable competence.

So Cocoa is dead, (yeah), but then she comes back? (boo).

It's like a Gilligans Island episode where every week you think they are going to be rescued, or something is going to change and boom, everything is right back where they started.

They aren't though. That whole issue provided us another chance to see Eldritch Palmer greatly misunderstanding his situation and overreaching himself, except this time it actually got back to the Master and he had to act. (Eichorst may be a dick, but he seems to have been keeping his Palmer's idiotic comments to himself, at least while they need him). 

It needed to be something suitably important enough to make Palmer desperate, or we'd be getting more of the same whiny bullshit from him with no reaction from anyone. 

And of course Coco is now aware of his bullshit. More relationship drama as the world bleeds out.

Taking a slug from a hip flask is probably not a good idea before you try and kill someone with a sniper rifle (especially if you're a nerd who's never used one before) proving yet again that Eph is a full blown psychopath and a terrible, terrible person.

I disagree, even a non-alcoholic would likely benefit from calming effect of a nip before trying to snipe someone for the first time. If Eph hadn't drank anything that day, he probably needed the whole flask.

• 1 month later...

Archived