Manderly Wrote the Pink Letter

I am not sure that Ramsay managed to capture Mance.  Mance may have some important role in the future, not necessarily being Rhaegar, but something. Capturing at least one wildling woman alive would provide enough information for the pink letter. I think it is written by Ramsay, but the cleverness of Roose is in detectable, too. Rooses's ideas in the words of Ramsay sound more provocative and outrageous, and more suitable for luring Jon in a trap. 

If some theories regarding the true identity of Roose Bolton are true he has more than enough reasons to the action against the Night Watch.

• 2 weeks later...

How about this interpretation of the letter, written by Mance

Your false king is dead - true - or at least Mance believes it true - Stannis may pretend to be dead - he seemed to give such instructions to his envoy to Braavos

Then the word bastard. All that follows is false until the word bastard - ie Stannis's host not crushed, Mance does not have the sword nor are friends dead - he is saying DO NOT COME

Then the word bastard again-

The following is true which we know to be true ie Mance not burned, women sent to retrieve arya,,Ramsay does want Reek, fArya, (sadly) wants Mel, Shireen,Val, cage (maybe) six dead women

Then bastard again

All untrue

The other puzzling word is false. If this also is a trigger word or code then we have many interpretations

I think the letter is in code with the words Bastard and false both having meaning. Mance wrote the letter.

• 2 months later...
On 12/09/2015 at 11:18 PM, Lord Wraith said:

Yes provided you think Ramsay actually won. Which I doubt he did.

It may be the case that Ramsay truly believes he has won, and that he has received intel or been presented with either "Stannis" body and/or sword. ;)

10 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

It may be the case that Ramsay truly believes he has won, and that he has received intel or been presented with either "Stannis" body and/or sword. ;)

True enough, in fact I figure Stannis's possible win at the crofters village and WInterfell will be via deception.

• 11 months later...
On 9.1.2017 at 10:04 AM, Toastedzergling said:

Mance and Mel may have some other agenda in Winterfell. They may have known each other long time ago, maybe Mel is the wood witch that helped Mance before. It's a high treason to cheat Stannis, who Mel still believed in. Why did Mel spend so much effort saving someone just to send him on a mission to win Jon's trust? Something else was going on.

I really like this thougt!

Mance's black cloak was sewn up by red silk of Asshai...
As you stated - why should Mel burn a fake-Mance to save the real-Mance? Just to burn him later on...???

Archived